PDA

View Full Version : 27 Magnum Sport wanted

DanHouck
04-12-2000, 06:05 PM
As always, looking for a 27 magnum sport, something like Forrest's would be suitable. Let me know if you guys find anything. Thanks, Dan.

------------------
-Dan

Hornetman
04-19-2000, 09:32 AM
Dan, That 27' Magnum Marine Sport that was on e-bay a few times over the last few months is still up for grabs. It's sitting (on consignment) at Ocean Performance in Old Saybrook, CT. They are asking $19,000 now. It has not been run since 1997 season, I didn't get to view the Motors (351's) but they were supposed to have been "totally gone through a few years back. It has 280 drives (Not the "T" series) that look to be in very good shape. Overall it shows well. If you are very serious contact the owner direct. Bill Strekash(sp?) at 203-754-6135. This number is his Caddy dealership in Waterbury, CT. I spoke with the guy seems to be a pretty straight shooter. I don't know if he would sell it directly or if he's committed to having to sell through Ocean Performance. If I had the cash I would have taken it for a sea trial. Good luck in your search.

------------------
Steve A. (Hornetman)

Danny
06-01-2000, 02:42 PM
Dan
Looked at a 27 Magnum Sport this past weekend in Oakville Ontario which is just outside of Toronto. It is a 1972 or73, has 350 Mercs in it approx 1990s about 280HP. Not the original engines, still has Volvo 280 drives one original ,one replaced. New bolsters in the early 90s from Biltrite. No trim, no tabs, no silentchoice. White Imron paint on decks some minor deck modifications, removed the anchor compartment, and modified the engine hatch to accomodate manifolds and flame arresters. Original red gel on hull. The Boat was originally delivered to Detroit area, spent 8 or 9 years in a impound yard, that's when the engines and bolsters disappeared. Always in fresh water, asking $24000 Canadian. If you want I'll send you a phone #, unfortunately I don't have it with me at my office and I'm going to be away from my computer for a few days, also have the hull #. Includes tandom trailer. Boat appears to be in fairly nice shape for the vintage.
Danny