PDA

View Full Version : WANTED:Hornet, Hornet II, Hornet III

AIRGRADY
04-03-2000, 09:58 PM
I am looking for a nice boat that will need a little TLC. The single seat boat in NY is too large of a project for me. I am a former 18 2+3 owner and am looking for the Hornet because of a few reasons. My father had a red one with a 455 Olds and a Berkely jet drive when I was five years old in 1975, I have some awesome memories of this boat. I also feel the my boating requirements are best suited by the Hornet (big, fat, lots of freeboard). I realize a 22 2+3 would work but there is something about the Hornet that really strikes my fancy. I found a super clean Hornet II at a high and dry storage facility, one of the salesman is going to call the owner for me to find out if he is interested in selling, from the looks of the boat I am willing to wager the boat is not for sale. It looks to be original gel coat with all the original hardware and in very good shape. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. I should hear from the salesman wed or thurs this week. Cross your fingers for me, I am once again bittten by the "DONZI BUG". Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Grady