PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Trim Indicator Adjustment

Rootsy
07-27-2001, 12:13 PM
Well anyone out there want to wrack their brains and tell me which side on an alpha is the indicator adjustment and which is the actual trim limit. I can trim the alpha a good amount before my gauge even begins to move. All the way out is the quarter mark then you hit the trailer and she goes all the way to the top for full tilt. Been almost 7 years since i've done one of these, i've sorta forgotten how. If anyone knows off the top of their heads throw it at me please...

I appreciate it, as always!

Jamie

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-27-2001, 12:20 PM
Glad you mentioned trim... I needed to trailer to leave in a minute!

My sending wires are on the left as you look at the transom. Gaff II Gauge, trims to 3rd notch (3/4) then trailer takes it to the top on mine.

Hope I helped.
Bryan

Formula Jr
07-27-2001, 12:50 PM
The gauge sender is starboard. The limit switch is port. You just loosen the two
stainless philips head machine scews and rotate the "Puck" till you are reading
full down with the drive full down. There are two types of senders, Old and New.
The old ones use screw hole terminals. The new ones use a special plug in terminal.
They are not interchangable.

Rootsy
07-27-2001, 01:46 PM
Thanks Guys. I have a 1997 Alpha.. and i just installed new gauges (autometer) but the old (VDO) did the same thing I'll give er a go... i just tap the button now and feel it in the seat of my pants...

Thanks

Root