PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit cover/related question re model type

Demon Chaser
11-01-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm looking for a source for a cockpit cover for my 1987 Z33. I have checked a couple of sites and they don't seem to have one for that particular year :( . Any sources, Anyone?? On a related subject, I don't know the difference between the Z33 Crossbow and the later Z33 and the Z33 Blackwidow :confused: . Can someone help out here? Since my boat is a 1987 Z33, I am assuming it is a Crossbow, although the paperwork only notes it is a Z33. Any help on either of these two questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed Donnelly
11-01-2003, 10:23 PM
If you go to the model list,you will see some of the differences. Crossbow,oval windows(really nice)Black Widow,round windows(not so nice) Black Widow is listed as a 30'Checked the boat registry under lenght,several 33's listed,but,very few pics.Sorry I couldn't be more helpfull. I am sure that some of the more knowledgable members will help you out..Ed

Demon Chaser
11-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Thanks Ed-- At least I know for certain my boat is a Crossbow :) -- now if I can just get a source for nice cockpit cover :D

Team Hula Girl
11-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Demonchaser, I am sure that Richard (Donzigo) will be able to help you out with the cockpit cover. As far as your boat being a crossbow, I wouldn't be so certain. From my understanding the only year that it was designated a "crossbow" was in 1989 when OMC took over. 1987, 1988, was called the Z33. Donzigo will probably be able to verify this or add some additional knowledge. The blackwidow was the Z29 under the OMC brand. Budman may also be able to add some additional info that may be helpful.

John

Demon Chaser
11-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks!!