PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic wanted

BUIZILLA
01-31-2003, 11:04 PM
Ideal package would be an extremely clean EFI BB with Bravo 1, would consider EFI SB and Bravo 1 to supercharge later. Aluminum or galvanized trailer, or painted trailer delete. Willing to travel up to 1,200 miles for right boat. Other MINT condition 22 Classic combo's entertained. My budget is 15k to 30k depending on package offered, 20-25k arena preferred. Year not as important as value and condition.

I can buy outright for cash, but I much prefer to horsetrade some, as I have 2 of my 7 beautiful classic/musclecars currently available(either is worth 22.5k each, other 5 are not currently for sale), or 2 choice lakeside Center Hill Lake buildable lots in Cookeville, Tenn, area (lots listed now at 56k for pair, very private area with ramp, direct lakeview, my 200k tri-level lakehouse is adjacent, paved roads), or/and 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer w/new trailer(1,900 miles, listed now at 11k), or/and nice Four Winns cuddy boat(listed now at 11.9k herein), any of which to use as full or partial trades against a deal. Inquire direct about trade idea's please.
Land will require a boat trade and cash back to me for agreed difference on a 22, or an 18 Classic and 22 Classic *2 boat package* for a straightup trade.

I have titles/deeds for everything. Immediate closing for right deal.

Jim Haas 305 796 0222, 305 592 7070

Dr. Dan
02-01-2003, 06:48 AM
:cool: Jim....I would encourage you to get in touch with Bob who is posting on the Donzi For Sale section the '79 Criterion the boat is perfect and rare and is priced aggressively for its condition....it has the 22 hull and 500 horses....it is a very clean ride for sure....the boat will not last long and needs to goto a prized collector for sure! wink ...Doc

BUIZILLA
02-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Doc, Bob sent me the pic's, and it is in the folder of consideration.

thanx, Jim

Tomahawk
02-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Jim- I agree with Danny. The 22 Classic is a great boat but that Criterion is something else! Should go to a guy like yourself who obviously would appreciate how special it is. No Bozos.
Good luck. Will you be at the Miami Boat Show?

BUIZILLA
02-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Hey Tom, wanna sell yours? wink :D LUV the color..
I will be around for the show, not sure on plans yet, gonna bug poodle for a ride or i'll take the Intrepid or Four Winns and follow ya's :cool:

J

Ed Donnelly
02-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Jim, The Criterion is the boat for you. Very rare,fast, I know what I am talking about, I have one. Bobs is a big block with fuel injection, just what you are looking for. P.S. I don't even know Bob but he owns a great Donzi.....Ed

BUIZILLA
02-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Ed, can you shoot me some pic's of yours?

Anybody else herein have one, that can do the same?

I need to learn more, much more, about these Criterion's first...

How many made total?
Years made?
Power packages offered?
Color combinations?
Documented survivor's?

Bob's boat intrigue's me a LOT, and has a LOT of potential. I like the look.

Is this boat an Alpha drive or Bravo? ad doesn't say..

However, for me, it needs a new trailer, + transport 1,200+ miles, and some SERIOUS engine room detailing, updated manifolds/risers and *plumbing/wiring* changes made. The rest of the package looks great. I also fully intend to add a closed FW cooling system to whatever I buy. I am a ridiculous neatnick. I would have to take the engine out, fluff and detail, and I don't want to have as much time/money in a '79 boat as I would in a factory *style* turn-key EFI '87-'99 boat.. Not slamming the boat at alllll, it's cool, I LUV the jump seat deal. Does that make sense?
If it was closer for a better look see, maybe it would jump on my trailer hitch...it's growing on me though..

Jim

not trying to be a cheapskate, just realistic

Dr. Dan
02-02-2003, 11:09 AM
Jim it is a rebuilt TRS....I spoke with Bob about this boat for over 2 hours during the course of my research on it! Call him and learn..he is very knowledgeable about Donzis....this is not his families first Donzi...."79 was the last year of production of these models I believe, although limited in production it is not as limited as the Criterion SS, which is the Bench Seat version....I believe the numbers for this style and year are under 50 units produced...others here can be more specific....

You need this boat..it belongs in the hands of someone who cares....the other considerations and improvements you mentioned are not items that should prevent you from acquiring this Rare Gem! wink ...Doc

ToonaFish
02-02-2003, 12:23 PM
BUIZILLA:
Hey Tom, wanna sell yours? wink :D LUV the color..
Um, Jim, be careful, the Tomahawk used to be Navy Blue, but Mr. Riggle has waxed it so frequently that it is now Teal.

Seriously, Jim, as much as I want a Classic, if I had banked anything close to what they are asking for that Crit., I'd snatch it up. And I reallllly want a Classic. But that Crit is the kind of boat that ten years from now we'll all be standing around the docks at Cumberland, saying, "I could kick myself in the rear for not picking up that boat when I had the chance."

It deserves a home that will appreciate it...

BUIZILLA
02-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Thanx everyone for the reply's, and information. I am waiting to talk to Bob directly. I prematurely called BoatUS about insurance costs and survey requirements due to the age on Friday already..

Jim

the hunt continue's.. :)

Rodger
02-04-2003, 10:17 PM
Dr. Dan:
Jim it is a rebuilt TRS....I spoke with Bob about this boat for over 2 hours during the course of my research on it! Call him and learn..he is very knowledgeable about Donzis....this is not his families first Donzi...."79 was the last year of production of these models I believe, although limited in production it is not as limited as the Criterion SS, which is the Bench Seat version....I believe the numbers for this style and year are under 50 units produced...others here can be more specific....

You need this boat..it belongs in the hands of someone who cares....the other considerations and improvements you mentioned are not items that should prevent you from acquiring this Rare Gem! wink ...Doc1981 is the last year for the Criterion

stewysboats
02-05-2003, 12:39 PM
WE HAVE A 22 CLASSIC HERE IN SPRING VALLEY IL. ITS ON THE LOT AT 28000.00.
EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS. THANKS BILL

Murphy
02-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Here's an 88' somewhere in NY.

http://www.hydesrvandboats.com/hydesboatsamprv/id78.html

DAULEY
02-11-2003, 09:10 AM
1997 22classic on ebay this boat is like new only 50hrs with trailer has big block its a steal

DAULEY
02-18-2003, 10:54 PM
i have 1997 22 classic with 47hrs big block first 24600 takes it

BUIZILLA
02-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Which boat is this?