PDA

View Full Version : boat cover

dr
05-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Where can I order a custom boat cover for a 1995 16' classic? Thanks in advance for you're help.

Jerry Eisele
05-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Check some of the boating catalogs. Taylor Made makes custom covers, but you will have to order them.

David Ochs
05-20-2003, 08:20 PM
dr,
I have a 16'. I bought a cover from Overton's several years ago. It's an off the shelf cover from their catalog. If you have an Overton's catalog check out the cover section. Look hard and you will see a boat that looks really close to a Donzi.

[I/O Ski boat covers-designed to fit stern drive ski boats with low profile or no windshield]

The cover fits exceptionally well for not being custom. It's tight and has lots of tie-downs.
It's on all the time when the boat's not used, and I tow with it on. No flapping, it fits that tight.
The price seems right too.
If you like I'll send you a picture of it on the boat, but it will have to wait 'till after Friday since the boat is at the trailer shop getting a new axle.

Tomahawk
05-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Dr - ditto. Taylor Made also available from other places like your local West Marine store. Best to go look at their book or check out Taylor Made's web site. It's quite thorough.

Dr. Dan
05-20-2003, 11:39 PM
:p www.coverquest.com (http://www.coverquest.com) we did the Sunbrella Fabric....Tows nice...saves me hours of cleaning time....Doc

xcellu8
10-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Where can I order a custom boat cover for a 1995 16' classic? Thanks in advance for you're help.

There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a boat with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

http://boat-cover-review.blogspot.com/ (http://boat-cover-review.blogspot.com/)

Sam
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM

At the risk of being a smart A$$ there is no such thing as a pre made "custom" cover. You may get one that covers your boat but it's the details that makes it a custom cover. There are a few questions that you need to ask before you take the leap. Such as, will I trailer with the cover on, will the boat be left outside with the cover on ect ect. If you want a cover that will meet your needs and fit the profile of your boat spend the extra $$$$ and have a professional make one. Here are a few things that make a custom cover truly custom.

1. Pockets for the lifting eyes.
2. Extra support material in the steering wheel,shifter area and other potential rub points.
3. H.D. draw string and snaps in key areas.
4. Support poles placed in strategic areas.

A custom is cover is designed for your boat and will take in consideration your needs. Sunbrella would be a good choice for the material. Let me know if you would like to see some pics of my 16' cover.

Good Luck :wink:

Sam,

LKSD
11-16-2009, 11:54 AM
We sell some prefab covers. We also Fab truly custom covers at our shop, but we must have the boat to tailor it to.. Feel free to call me I I may be of service.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

Ghost
11-16-2009, 02:52 PM
At the risk of being a smart A$$ there is no such thing as a pre made "custom" cover. You may get one that covers your boat but it's the details that makes it a custom cover. There are a few questions that you need to ask before you take the leap. Such as, will I trailer with the cover on, will the boat be left outside with the cover on ect ect. If you want a cover that will meet your needs and fit the profile of your boat spend the extra $$$$ and have a professional make one. Here are a few things that make a custom cover truly custom.

1. Pockets for the lifting eyes.
2. Extra support material in the steering wheel,shifter area and other potential rub points.
3. H.D. draw string and snaps in key areas.
4. Support poles placed in strategic areas.

A custom is cover is designed for your boat and will take in consideration your needs. Sunbrella would be a good choice for the material. Let me know if you would like to see some pics of my 16' cover.

Good Luck :wink:

Sam,

Ditto that. Also good to think a lot about your lines and fenders, depending on what you do with the boat. Some folks who trailer don't have much to worry about there.

Mine's kept in a rack, and lifted in and out. As such, I need to be able to leave lines on both stern cleats and two on the bow, and have the fenders on, all with the cover in place. Also, I have splits that allow the cover to come off without uncleating the lines. (Beneath the splits are a velcro joint, with a snap on each side of the velcro. All vital for me, but l needless if you trailer exclusively.)

Mike