PDA

View Full Version : how should i block off a y pipe

Needforspeed
04-22-2003, 02:16 PM
hi i am puting thur the hull exaust on my silent 22 how should i block off the y pipe?

G - FORCE 88
04-22-2003, 02:30 PM
got to get rid of the y pipe if you want str8 through only. If not captains call, slient choice is your best bet.
Jon

Greg K
04-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Charles,

Just like I explained to you in the e-mail, you can also just do the splitter pipe without captain's call/silent choice. I think the pair of splitters I bought from Corsa were $230. It saved me the hassle of yanking the motor and pulling the Y-pipe out, and worrying about water flooding the bilge.
Spliters shown in the pic below...
http://www.donzi.net/photos/parts.jpg

MOP
04-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Keep the pipe!! If the noise police get after you you will wish you had left it in place. You can use two layers of roll rubber roofing and clamps that works fine or go to the local plumbing shop and get 4 inch rubber sewer drain cap. The is no pressure once unhooked and it only weighs about 10 lbs.

Needforspeed
04-22-2003, 11:35 PM
thanks guys

Walt. H.
04-23-2003, 02:55 AM
N F S Do what M.O.P. Suggested. That is exactly how my boat came. Mercruiser has those caps mine were 3" = pre. 87 vintage.But just head for True Value or Home Depot same thing and less money, your choice. Cap it. Next year you may want or to install capt/call-quick&silent by choice or the noise police. :( mercruiser used those cap's when they were using in-line engines and had to cap off one side themselves. Regards, Walt......

Needforspeed
04-23-2003, 11:23 PM
I was thinking useing a very short pice of pvc pipe with a cap and clam it in the rubber hoses down where the y pipe would conect to the pipe that runs up to the riser on each side.
Think that woudl be ok ?
omc 454

Walt. H.
04-24-2003, 01:41 AM
N.F.S. That will also work, But it will be a little hard on the eye's to look at. Plus it will cost you more in the extra hose clamps you'll be using. Those black neoprene plumbing cap's will look so much cleaner and less noticeable. 2-cap's / 4-clamp's Ultimately it's your boat, so you get to decide how it will be done. Just be safe in however you do it.

Ralph Savarese
04-25-2003, 07:38 AM
I would still cap the bottom by the bellows to assure there is no water sitting in there
just my 2 cents
Ralph

Greg
04-26-2003, 11:17 AM
If its in your budget I would go for some type of dirverter set up. Sometimes its nice to go stealth.