PDA

View Full Version : Railing Parts

Rich
03-24-2000, 07:20 PM
Hey Guys..................
I have a quantity of new railing parts and cowl vents as used on the 16 & 18 foot Classic Donzis from 1965 to the late 1980's. They are chrome plated solid brass. I know other models also used these same parts but I'm not sure which years or models. I have seen slight variations on the railing parts from year to year on the same models. It seems Donzi was regularly having cash flow problems so they switched vendors from time to time. This caused those slight variations.
So, I can't guarantee my parts will match your parts exactly. I'll be selling these to any Donzi Registry member for just over cost plus shipping. The rail centers will be $25.00 ea.+ shpg. The 18 2+3 used 2 of these and the 16 footers used 7 (I think...help me 16 foot guys).
The rail ends will be $50.00 ea.+ shpg.
The cowl vents (with screens) are $90.00 ea. + shpg.

Rich
06-10-2000, 06:58 PM
The new rail ends have finally arrived. I apologize for the delay. To answer the most common question I've been asked.....The parts I have are all brand new chrome plated brass and are manufactured by a former supplier to Donzi during the 60's - 80's.

------------------
Rich

Rich
07-16-2000, 08:36 AM
I now have the lifting eyes and the trim ring. They are exactly as the originals.
The eyes are chromed plated brass with a 5/8" - 11 threaded hole.
The trim ring is also chrome plated brass.
The eyes are $65.00 each and the trim ring is $19.50 each....+ shipping. Yeah I know, they are expensive but these prices are just over my cost to Donzi Registry members.
I'm still waiting for more hull vents and screens. I'll let you know when I get them.

Rich

------------------
Rich

Forrest
07-17-2000, 11:27 AM
Rich to the rescue!

Is that the early lifting eye that has a round cross-section or the later type eye with a flat cross-section?

I need the early type for my X-18.

Do you have one in stock? If not, what is the lead time?

I'm ready to order.

------------------
Forrest

Rich
07-17-2000, 05:42 PM
Forrest,

The lifting eyes I currently have in stock are the early type with the round cross section. I can get the flat type also.

------------------
Rich

Rich
07-17-2000, 08:52 PM
Scott,

I'll send you a pic....

------------------
Rich

Scott Pearson
07-18-2000, 09:01 AM
If you could send me pictures off the Rail ends and center bracket that would be great. If they are the right ones I will take 4 ends and 2 center brackets. I have a 1968 18 2+3.
Thanks! (NJ) Scott

Hornetman
07-18-2000, 11:33 AM
Hey Rich/Scott, Can you post pics. here of the vents, lifting eyes, etc.? It would be nice if everyone could see exactly what you have to offer. Thanks, Steve A.

------------------
Steve A. (Hornetman)

bverd
07-18-2000, 12:29 PM
I got all new railing gear from Rich and I must say that it is top quality and identical to what I had. Mine is a 78 X18 and the new chrome is going to look very nice. The only difference that I found that really should not be looked at is that the rail ends are a little bit longer ~1/4inch, if that. So I will have to shave off some of the rail to make the rail ends fit onto the old bolt holes into the boat. Something like that is to be expected.
I don't think anybody will be disappointed. I know I'm not.
Thanks again Rich.
Brad

Rich
07-18-2000, 03:29 PM
Brad,

Thanks for the plug and the info on the length. I appreciate it a lot.

By the way, If anyone is disappointed you can return unused parts for a full refund minus shipping costs.

------------------
Rich

GeneD
07-20-2000, 02:18 PM
Ahhh! You're the Rich, Forrest was talking about!
I'm interested in the trim rings, let's talk.
Also, I would like to see a pic of the vents.
Thanks big guy, how's the boat BTW?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 07-20-2000).]

Forrest
07-31-2000, 03:04 PM
Oh Boy! I just received a perfect, just like the original, early-style lifitng eye and trim ring from Rich. His reproductions are flawless, are of the highest quality, and are well worth the money.

Do yourself a favor if your Donzi is missing any of those NLA parts, like vents, lifting eyes, and railing parts, and buy yourself some of Rich's quality chrome/bronze reproduction parts. He ships fast too!

Needless to say, but I will anyway, I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Rich and his repro Donzi parts!!!

Now comes the fun part. Now I need to fabricate the missing mounting bracket to mount the new eye at the stern. It shouldn't be too difficult I hope. I have some ideas on how to bulid a simple jig to accuratly weld it together. If it works, I'll will keep you guys posted on how it turns out.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 07-31-2000).]

BERTRAM BOY
07-31-2000, 04:58 PM
Hey Forrest,
If you make a mounting bracket, why not make more? I know of a buyer. (hint ,hint).
BERTRAM BOY

Hotboat
07-31-2000, 09:53 PM
I just had a new one made for my '80 Classic. I still have the old one if anyone needs one for a pattern. It is heavy, you pay the shipping and it is yours.

------------------
Hotboat

Forrest
08-01-2000, 08:47 AM
I'm not totally sure, but I think the the mounting bracket for the X-18 is slightly different than one for the 18 2+3. Also, on mine, it has to clear all that Mercruiser TRS power-steering stuff. It's tight back there. For that reason, I would think that the one in my X-18 may be different than the one in an X-18 with a Volvo drive. I'll check it out at at Lake Eufaula. There should be a few X-18's and 18 2+3 there!

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 08-01-2000).]

CDMA
08-01-2000, 11:58 AM
Forrest,

My mounting bracket ( 68 2+3) is very different that PaulO's ( 73 2+3). Mine has 2 carraige bolts that go through the transom on the centerline and his has a split bracket that uses the top two of the Volvo bracket; that is before he switched to Mercruiser. Just thought I would let you know.

Chris

Hotboat
08-01-2000, 03:04 PM
The one I have was taken off my '80 Classic and it has a Mercruiser with power steering. It is the one that is made of angle iron and is bolted thru the transom. The one on my 16' and my X-18 are made different because they do bolt to a Volvo unit.

------------------
Hotboat

CDMA
08-01-2000, 03:28 PM
Even though I have a volvo set up for some reason the top bolts were not used. It was actually a blessing though because I had to use the lifting eyes to suspend the boat when I painted it.

Chris

Rich
08-01-2000, 09:37 PM
Forrest..........
I'm happy to hear the lifting eye is a perfect match to your original. I appreciate the recommendation too.

I would also like to add the original style (for the 16' & 18')thru the hull exhaust tube in 2-1/2" and 3" diameter to my parts list. They are $55.00 and $65.00 each. As always, they are chrome plated brass.

------------------
Rich