PDA

View Full Version : 22" Pitch Hydromotive Intimidator Quad-IV Prop

Forrest
10-06-2002, 10:43 PM
15-1/2" x 22" RH solid-hub Hydromotive Intimidator Quad-IV prop (http://www.hydromotive.com/int_quad4.html).
Part number HC-CL22RQ-IV.

Not new but in great condition.

This 22"p four-blade prop should turn about the same RPMs as a 23"p Mirage.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/q4prop2.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/q4prop1.jpg

$225.00 plus shipping.

G - FORCE 88
10-14-2002, 06:14 PM
What boat was this prop on? Power? Gear? Speed? WHy are you selling it? How did the boat handle with this prop? LIft? i am interested please let me know any 411 that would be helpful
thanks
Jon yippie

Forrest
10-23-2002, 12:08 PM
Jon, Sorry for the late reply, but I've been out of town.

I bought this prop to test on my 16 Donzi (290 hp 302 Ford) with an Alpha SS (1.50:1). Though this prop provided a great hole-shot, good minimun planing speed, fantastic accelleration, and a respectible top end, it just wasn't right for my 16. Note: This is not a bow lifting prop like the Mirage. The 16 needs a non-bow lifiting prop like this Hydromotive Q-4 but with a little less blade area. Also, the Alpha drive must use a prop with a rubber hub. For that reason, I am now looking for a 23"p 3-blade Hydromotive prop with a rubber hub. BTW, this prop would work well on an a TRS or Bravo equipped 18 or larger boat. The madpoodle loves his Hydromotive quad 4 prop on his 18 Donzi. Just ask him!

PRICE REDUCED!

It's got to go! Now only $195 plus shipping.

Kent Perroux
10-23-2002, 01:28 PM
Forrest,

If you have enough pitch and can take more RPM, take that prop down and have the diameter reduced. A 1/2" diameter reduction will make a lot of difference.

(My 18 loves the 24 pitch hydro...)

Kent Perroux
10-23-2002, 01:30 PM
As a note to anyone looking for a bargain...4-blade hydromotives are not cheap. $195 is a steal. Too bad you don't have a 26!!

Forrest
10-24-2002, 10:24 AM
Kent, I would do that, but that Alpha SS drive won't last with that solid hub so it's got to go!

Thanks!

Murphy
10-24-2002, 04:44 PM
Forrest,

I have a solid hub Hydromotive on my Alpha SS. What is the issue with a rubber hub? Is it a vibration thing or concern about hitting something submerged? Sounds like maybe the rubber hub protects the drive from stress somehow. Fill me in cause I don't want to trash that drive by accident. I believe Hydromotive offers a service to bore them out and insert a rubber hub also. Thanks for any info.

Murph

Lake Oakland 18+2
10-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Forrest,

It's going in to winter how about $175 to keep your feet warm.

Let me know

Joe

Forrest
10-25-2002, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys for the offers, the Hydromotive prop was sold this morning to a well respected member of this board.

Anyway Murph, before you even begin to read the following, get your 1-1/16" wrench and a screwdriver and go directly to your Alpha SS remove that solid-hub prop. Don't stop to talk to anyone, don't even reply to this post until you remove it. Only use a rubber hub prop an any Mercruiser "R", "MR", Alpha One, or Alpha One Gen II drive. This is because of the dog-clutch type shifting mechanism that is employed in these units. With dog-clutch type of shift, there has to be some immediate give in the drive line, which is provided by the rubber hub, upon engaging the unit in to gear. Also the rubber hub protects the drive's gear-train upon impact with a submerged object. Your rare and now expensive Alpha SS will eventually be reduced to junk (or have to be rebuilt) if you keep using that solid hub prop. If Hydromotive offers that re-hubing service, please have it done before you use that prop on your Alpha SS again.

Forrest
10-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Scott,

If it were a three-blade I would take it, but my 16 doesn't seem to like the four-blade prop.

Many thanks!

Budmann
12-13-2002, 10:12 AM
Thanks Forest for the update, I was reading your thread about solid hub props on Alphas and I got the same info while the mechanic just did 1500.00 dollars worth of lower unit work. I'm now in the market for a rubber-hub 23' Mirage. I love the way the boat handles with the Mirage, however its not worth another rebuilt drive. Again, thanks for posting. Its people like you that help everyone reading this site learn more preventive maintance.

Team Hula Girl
12-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Budman, I have a pair of brand new Mirage props. They are 23 pitch. I have one left hand and one right hand. Let me know if you are interested. Oh, they do have the interchangeable hubs. (flo torq II) I know you don't need both but I may be willing to let them go seperately.

John.

Verdugo
12-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Hey Guys good topic!!!!! I have a question hopefully some one can help. I just recently purchased a sweet 16 and have a 4.3 with an alpha one with a three blade just wondering if I have a rubber hub to make sure I do not get hit with makor repairs. Is it the inside of the prop that is rubber?? can anyone maybe post a pic

thanks guys

Verdugo

Budmann
12-18-2002, 10:09 AM
Hey Scot, I just want to thank you again for a great weekend on the St. Johns. I was just cruising around the site and saw that you have a 4 blade rubber hubbed prop. You saw my boat at the River. What are your thoughts on how this prop would perform on my 22???

Budmann
12-18-2002, 10:11 AM
John, How much??? Yes I'm interested.

boldts
12-20-2002, 12:51 PM
I have a 23' Mirage - Rubber hub. Not sure because it came with my 22 Classic, but it may have some modifications. Carries the bow to high for my liking.

I would love to find a 21 4 blade hydro if anyone has one. Need to sell the Mirage first though. :)

GeneD
12-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Verdugo,

Can you remove any of the hardware from the prop itself...not including the thrust washer. There is a piece called the aft adapter which pulls out of the aft end of the prop..it is made of brass. If not it is a stndard hub possible with a rubber bushing.