PDA

View Full Version : CLE Alpha I Gen I w/ LWP (complete)

AVickers
06-30-2003, 04:00 PM
I just bought a Volvo DPX (complete) for my 22 Classic and my old drive, transom assembly, shift cables and interrupter, steering gear and helm, rams and pump, bell housing and coupler, etc. will be for sale. I also have 2 props: 1 22p cleaver and 1 23p Mirage Plus. EVERY NUT AND BOLT THAT COMES OFF MY BOAT WILL BE INCLUDED! NO RUNNIN' AROUND LOOKING FOR PARTS...

My boat's an 88, but the drive is newer, I think. The guy who had the boat before me sent it off to Bob Icenogle's Machine Shop -- High Performance Marine in Florida who builds CLE drives and it looked new when I got the boat.

It has a cone w/ a Cresent Leading Edge and Low water pickup. It's a 1.32:1 HD (which means Heavy Duty for the Big Block Chevy...). It's a very wicked-cool looking drive and it works well with the boat... The work was done in '98 and I have resealed it once.

Perhaps I'm crazy, but I've always wanted a dual prop setup; I think the Volvo DPX is the cream-de-la-cream; and I came up with one last week so here I go...

I'll entertain offers, but I'd like to see $2,750 for the whole rig.

Rootsy
06-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Al,

any photos of this drive anywhere?

AVickers
06-30-2003, 05:22 PM
I'll take some pics tomorrow...

All is still in place on the boat. I'd negotiate the price if I had an extra pair of hands to help me tear things down -- and maybe put stuff back together. (At least the "helper" could be sure how things come apart and make sure all the bits and pieces are packed up properly.)

...and maybe take a last ride in the Alpha/Donzi or in the Ski Antique V-drive CorrectCraft in the bargain. Any wakeboarders out there?

I'm in Austin, Texas.

Stix Magill
06-30-2003, 11:33 PM
Al,

I would be interested in a price on the Mirage 23 Plus it you split it up.

I am prop shopping.

Thanks,
Scott

Forrest
07-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Good going Al. Let me know if you find a deal on a helm unit for use with a DPX. I'm looking for a twin version. Also, don't throw you back out lifting that DPX. Get a helper!

AVickers
07-02-2003, 08:31 AM
We need a hydraulic helm w/ high pressure input. The DPX has rams built in and all it needs is hydraulic pressure.

Teleflex makes one (I think).

IMCO makes a kit that comes with all the hoses and filters -- right down to the takeoff at the pump.

I haven't had time to follow up w/ the specifics yet...

Jerry Eisele
07-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Is your v-drive Correct Craft a Torino, or seperator?