View Full Version : 24" LH Volvo Ultra Prop -- SOLD --

Forrest
03-27-2002, 10:55 AM
*** SOLD ***

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Ultra1.jpg

Thank you Jamie!

CDMA
03-27-2002, 12:58 PM
I used a 14 x 22 on my 18 and it was a great prop. Volvo ultra props are some of the best and well worth it.

Chris

Kevan Donzi Ski Sporter16
03-31-2002, 05:01 PM
Forrest-
Will this prop fit a Volvo 270 with the spin-on rear cone with the female hex-head bolt thru it? I'm looking for a 23" prop.
Thanks,

Emmo
03-31-2002, 10:50 PM
I can vouch that this is a great prop. Forrest let me try it out on my 18 and I liked it enough to buy a new one before Volvo sold out of them. I would have bought his, but it wasn't for sale at the time. It is better than new because the hubs will spin out and the admiral hub is much stronger. This design gives both bow and stern lift. :cool:

DON N.
04-01-2002, 03:10 PM
I HAVE A STOCK 1968 18' CLASSIC 289 H/M WITH A 250 VOLVO OUTDRIVE. WOULD THIS PROP HELP OR IS IT TO MUCH PROP.THE PROP I HAVE NOW IS ALUMINUM L/H
STOCK "O'JOHNSON",IT HAS A NARROW HUB WITH JUST A NUT HOLDING IT ON WITH NO NOSE CONE.SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT WOULD FIT ? IS IT STAINLESS ?

Forrest
04-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Emmo! Where have you been? Welcome back and post often. People have been looking for you.

Don N. The Ultra is polished stainless steel, and I bet Emmo could answer all of those questions better that I can since he is running a 302 (5.0L crate engine) in his classic barrel-back 18 2+3. Emmette, what RPMs are you turning with your 24" pitch Ultra?

I know that the Ultra prop will fit a 270 drive and I think that is what Emmo is running . . . or is that a 250 drive?

Kevin, I think the Ultra was originally designed around the 290 drive, but it will fit any other Volvo-Penta Aquamatic drive with a 17-spline prop shaft that has been drilled and tapped hole for a an Allen-headed lock-bolt that goes through the center of the prop cone. If your prop shaft is not drilled and tapped, you can do it very carefully as have a few other members of this board did. There may even be some old posts on how to drill and tap your Volvo-Penta prop-shaft out here somewhere. Also, you will need to obtain the correct fish-line cutter/thrust sleeve. If you run a 280 drive, you will need to modify the long spacer buy cutting it down about 3/8" or so and run just the prop cone and lock bolt. If I remember correctly, Emmo runs a stock un-modified spacer sleeve, the Ultra Prop, a castellated prop-cone spacer, the prop cone/nut, and the lock bolt. Is that right Emmette? If that's not right, what spacer and cone parts are you using with your 24" Ultra and what drive do you have?