PDA

View Full Version : NIB: Volvo SX drive (1.43:1) and transom assembly

Forrest
05-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Brand new in box and never installed Volvo-Penta SX drive with 1.43:1 gears. New list $5800, sell for $2900.

Also, brand new matching Volvo-Penta SX transom assembly with trim rams, $1250. Fits Mercruiser transom cut-out.

Both for $3850.

MOP
06-03-2003, 07:47 PM
I can't believe no one has taken you up on this drive. It is the perfect swap out for the merc and a ton better. If I had some burn $$$ I'd grab it.

Forrest
06-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks MOP. I really think that the Volvo SX is the most overlooked drive out there. Mercury tries to beat up on it on their web site and they actually go as far to tell you that the Alpha is better. The Alpha is not even in the same league as the SX. The SX is on par with the Bravo, and as I understand, can handle about 500 HP without a sweat. I originally bought it to change out the TRS on my X-18 in order to shed a few pounds. But, once I bought the DPX drives for the Magnum, I felt guilty that I had so much money tied up in outdrives, so with much reluctance, I put the SX out here for sale. Now, if no one buys it, you'll probabaly see a black, white and red X-18 with a silver Volvo SX drive running Florida as soon as I get the time to do the swap. Requires glass work and you know how I am about glass work!

I have everything for the swap except for the inside transom plate and the Chevrolet bell housing. Do you know where I can find a deal on those parts???

MOP
06-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Problem is that stuff doesn't turn up much, and that being reasonably late I usually ask some of the surveyors I know that do damage claims They seem to be the best source of late used parts leads. Do some asking around.

AVickers
06-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Forrest.

I'm interested.

Right now I'm not at a machine where I have e-mail access, but if you'd e-mail me your phone number, we can talk within the next couple of days or so...

al