PDA

View Full Version : Nice set of 441 heads

Murphy
01-04-2001, 07:24 PM
This set of unmodified 441 heads is a perfect start for upgrading a high performance SBC. According to Dennis Moore (my hero) in Small Block Chevy Marine Performance..."for 1973-86 350 marine engines with flat-top pistons the best choice is the older style 70's era 441 high performance automotive heads. Add larger 2.02 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves and port the valve throat pockets and you will see at least a 20 horsepower increase with the stock camshaft. Finding the early style automotive castings, adding hardened valve seats and swapping them for the lightweight stock castings is an excellent durability improvement for any marine engine."
The heads have very light surface rust but are ready for the machine shop. The combustion chamber size is 76cc's and the intake port volume is approximately 160cc's. I've got about $200 in them and will include shipping at that price. Email me at murphy4@advant.net for further information.

Murph

Forrest
01-05-2001, 02:01 PM
Nice heads! I running as set of 441's with 2.02"/1.60" stainless valves and bronze guide inserts on my 383 in my X-18. Just remember that these heads use 13/16" hex spark-plugs with gaskets rather than 5/8" hex tapered-seat plugs. . . but that's not a problem. Good price, too.

------------------
Forrest

ron9972
07-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Do you still have these heads?

Ron

This set of unmodified 441 heads is a perfect start for upgrading a high performance SBC. According to Dennis Moore (my hero) in Small Block Chevy Marine Performance..."for 1973-86 350 marine engines with flat-top pistons the best choice is the older style 70's era 441 high performance automotive heads. Add larger 2.02 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves and port the valve throat pockets and you will see at least a 20 horsepower increase with the stock camshaft. Finding the early style automotive castings, adding hardened valve seats and swapping them for the lightweight stock castings is an excellent durability improvement for any marine engine."
The heads have very light surface rust but are ready for the machine shop. The combustion chamber size is 76cc's and the intake port volume is approximately 160cc's. I've got about $200 in them and will include shipping at that price. Email me at murphy4@advant.net for further information.

Murph

Tidbart
07-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Ron,

The post is eight years old. Don't hold your breath. :bonk: