PDA

View Full Version : HM manifolds and stuff

harbormaster
11-17-2000, 05:52 AM
Cleaning out the garage!

2 sets of Holman Moody aluminum manifolds.

Wiring harness from a late 80's cobalt that had a Mercruiser 260 setup. also have the steering box, steering cable,gauges and wiring still installed in cobalt dash panel. Good parts for someone doing a mercruiser conversion.

Make me an offer.

Scot

boldts
11-17-2000, 01:43 PM
Scot,
Do the HM exhaust manifolds fit a small block Ford? I would be interested in a set if they are. Just in case my present ones would start to leak. I don't think my boat saw Salt Water, but you never know. Price? I've been thinking about the 270 Volvo drives also. Do these have power trim? Will you sell separate? Price? Any chance they would bolt up right where the Volvo 250 is or will transom mods need to be done?

Scott Boldt

Greg
11-20-2000, 01:23 PM
Scot, I have just started my Volvo to Merc. conversion and would be interested in the wiring harness and the steering assembly if the are set up for an 18' boat. I have a mid 80's Alpha SS That I will be using. Let me know what you want for the stuff and shipping.

CDMA
11-21-2000, 10:01 AM
Bolts,

I pulled a complete 200 housing out and droped in a 250 housing with a 280 on it. There are no real modifications to do with all the right parts.

Chris

Kenn
11-22-2000, 10:40 PM
Scott V

Can you send a j-peg pic of the H&M manifolds to my e-mail?
There were two types, and if yours match mine, I'll buy them from you.
That is so long as they don't leak.

Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing from you ASAP.

Have a Happy Thankxgiving!

Regards,

Kenn http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

kmg@nsiweb.com

[This message has been edited by Kenn (edited 11-22-2000).]

harbormaster
11-23-2000, 08:41 PM
Scott,

As for the 270's I do not have the transom collar. The 270's should bolt right up. The 270 did not have power trim only the 270T did. I have 270's. I also have a complete (minus a Head) 351 that is in good shape with the manifolds and everything except the collar. I will let the 351 engine, spare 302 block, HM manifolds and 2 outdrives go for 900.00. That is a good deal

Kenn,
I will send you a jpeg of the HM's when I get home. I have 2 pair. Happy Holidays to you and you lovely wife and family.

Greg,
I have the dash steering box, with cable. I also have what looks like a grant sport steering wheel that is stainless steel with a wheel teakwood. The wireing harness has gauges and dash from a cobalt that had a 260 mercruiser setup. You would need the short harness that is on the mercruiser engine.

Let me know if any of you have any other questions.
I will photograph everything and post it on Monday night.

Scot VanAlstine
The Harbormaster

CDMA
11-23-2000, 09:36 PM
Bolts

Grab one of the 270's. The switch from a 200 to a 270 is one of the simplest and most mind easing things you can do to your Donzi. According to a factory rep I met at a boat show a few years ago when I was in the same position you are the 270/280 are twice as strong if not more than the 200/250. I belive this is due to mainly bearing size not so much gear size...or that was the impression I got at least.

Chris

Rob
11-24-2000, 12:05 AM
There are two different styles of exhaust manifolds according to the Holman-Moody Illustrated Parts Catalog that came with my boat. One is referred to as "Long Beach Version" and the other "Charlotte Version" There are also three different riser styles, two for through hull exhaust and one for through outdrive exhaust. Of the two for through hull, one has a distinct "J" shape, and the other the more common "hump" shape you generally see with log style exhaust manifolds. I've seen both styles. The 1970 3+2 on our lake has the "J" style, and my 16 has the "hump" style. I will be interested to see what the photos from Scot look like.

Ken, if you don't want both sets, and the one left matches what I have, I would be interested.

harbormaster
11-24-2000, 02:34 PM
both sets are the "hump" style manifolds.