PDA

View Full Version : Trailer available

bverd
06-27-2000, 06:40 PM
Hey,

I have the original trailer from my X18. It is a 1978 Calkins trailer, with a broken cradle. Everything else is in great shape. I have put a brand new winch on it. The trailer was painted to match the boat. I have replaced it with a new tandem. I keep hearing people that don't have a trailer. It would not take much to fix this. A little welding and some rollers and you are good to go. You could probably even get some of the rollers that mount from West Marine and pu them on it.
Let me know if anybody is interested. It has to go according to the wife. Taking up space.
I am in the Washington, DC area.
Can be seen at: http://www.verd.com/forsale/images

Thanks,
Brad

bverd
06-29-2000, 09:22 PM
Trailer is gone. Thanks --Brad

AVickers
07-12-2000, 08:54 AM
DAMN!

I had one of those w/ my old 18'. Best loading trailer I ever had. As I've loaded my 22' on it's bunkers, I've often thought about how nice it would be to have a larger version of that old trailer. Do you know where they're made?

Whatever you got for it wasn't enough...

bverd
07-12-2000, 10:25 AM
If I told you what I got for it you would be really upset. I had to get it out of the driveway and I did. I was hoping somebody off of the board could take it and make use of it, but I got no interest from anybody.j
Brad

Blewbyu
07-22-2000, 04:44 AM
Avickers-Calkins trailers still made in Spokane Wa. Email- Calkinstrailers@worldnet.att.net

------------------

bverd
07-22-2000, 09:40 AM
Calkins was bought out last November and they currently (as of a 3 weeks ago) are not making any parts for them. I spent hours on the phone to distributers hoping someone had the part I needed for it, but to no avail. An the estimates that I got until they would start manufacturing parts again was ????
Brad