PDA

View Full Version : 18' Limited Edition Classic 1976 For Sale

allanlval
07-23-2002, 08:25 PM
Very rare - This is one of only a few limited edition models produced by Donzi with a factory High Performance Mercruiser 350 -TRS. Factory Mercruiser High Performance Chevy built to 400+ HP Specs on 91 Octane. This is a correct and original nummbers matching boat, motor, and outdrive. a REAL 70+ MPH boat. Boat has factory original gelcoat and interior. Has been garage kept since new and fresh water use only. New custom fitted double axle trailer with fold away hitch. New cockpit cover with striping to match boat also full mouring cover. Located in Fenton MI

Asking: $16,000
Contact Al Valentine at 810-629-0576 or allanlval@peoplepc.com
Rare- http://www.donzi.net/photos/avalentine01.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/avaltenitine02.jpg

Jimbob
07-26-2002, 01:26 PM
I live in the Fenton area and I'm interested in seeing the boat. I had a 4.3L classic, but I sold it and want someting a little faster. Can I see the boat this weekend and if so can we test drive?

allanlval
07-30-2002, 10:44 PM
I've had calls asking about the color, the hull is white with Orange (like 69 chevy Z 28) stripe, Accents and interior are orange. This boat is a rare classic & an enjoyable investment. This is truly a very nice original condition performance boat at less than half the cost of a new 18 ft. DONZI

goatee
08-17-2002, 07:17 AM
is it still for sale? where is fenton?

allanlval
08-28-2002, 09:03 AM
As of today 8/28/02 boat is still for sale. I have more pictures and spec. sheet for boat, let me know if you are interested. Fenton Mi is off 23 about 20 miles south of Flint.

allanlval
10-14-2002, 03:35 PM
I need the money and don't want to store the boat till spring. IS ANYBODY INTERESTED AT ANY PRICE ? I'm going to winterize in 2 weeks. Call me now for a great deal. Al 810 629 0576 boat is located in Fenton Michigan, aprox. 45 mi N.W. of Detroit.

allanlval
01-12-2003, 11:48 AM
This boat is currently serviced and stored in my heated garage and is ready to go in the spring.

The price is reduced to $14000, $1000 deposit and I will hold till spring. Call or email to see boat or view more pictures and spec. sheet.

Al Valentine phone 810 629-0576
allanlval@peoplepc.com

pristinekars
03-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Is your boat still for sale? What is the TRS outdrive. Is that engine cover original factory? Has the boat been painted or is that the orginal gel coat. Please email me more pictures and details.

olredalert
03-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Pristinekars,

------I believe this DONZI may still be for sale,however he may not be watching the board anymore.If he doesnt answer an E-mail,try the phone book.His last name is Valentine.I believe maybe you can reach him that way.
------He and I only talked once,but he seems like a nice guy with a nice boat.Maybe he does think its a little rarer than it is,but dont we all think we have something pretty special?
------The deck hatch is very possibly correct.I passed on a brand new 1978 18 in early 1979 with a big-block/TRS combo and it had the same hatch.TRS drives were pretty long and to get a correct X-dimension the engine and drive were located fairly high.The risers and flame arrestor couldnt get under the flat hatch,hence the factory modification.X-18s were,in part,designed to alleviate this problem as they had a naturally higher deck,and hatch,but even they occasionally came with a fake scoop to get clearance for the flame arrestor.On the other hand my 1976 Corsican by design has gobs of room for almost any engine/drive combo,and yet my particular boat is believed to be the only Corsican ever delivered with 350/TRS combo,or any Mercruiser combo for that matter.Go figure!!!!!!!.....incredulous....ol red!......Bill S

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: olredalert ]</small>

olredalert
03-28-2003, 07:59 PM
-------I just tried the number above and Als wife answered and said he was already asleep,but boat is indeed for sale.I believe this boat to be a darn good deal for a Chisholm era DONZI,although I havent seen it in the flesh.The engine combo,although not quite as rare as he states is a very desireable one,and as recent threads have stated;you can put some serious horsepower thru a TRS set-up.
-------Im leaving for a week Monday,but would be happy to look the boat over anytime I am around.Its about an hour from me.There are possibly others on the board that are close enough to look at it if an interested party is too far away.Good luck,and good hunting........ol red!.......Bill S

allanlval
03-29-2003, 09:16 AM
THANKS ol red for the heads up and great information about the TRS and hatch. I believe the hatch is factory orginial, as ol red points out, to make room for the higher engine placement. The scoop is open and functional. I see there is a great post in the "Performance talk" about the TRS drive. I am not sure if it has the merc or borg warner transmission. Is there an easy way to figure this out? I'm e-mailing pictures and specs,the gelcoat is the orginal,orange/white. The ice is off the lake, come on out and see this boat.

olredalert
03-29-2003, 10:40 AM
--------Chances are your trans is the Merc,but with your combo the Merc trans is more than sufficient for almost any abuse you can throw at it.Not that any of us would overly abuse our DONZIs.Perish the thought........ol red!....Bill S

pristinekars
04-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Your boat is the most interesting of the bunch on the site. Are you really firm on the $14,000 ,and are you able to offer a test drive?

allanlval
04-28-2003, 11:22 AM
pristinekars
I've been trying to get a hold of you to let you know the boat is on the lift and ready for a demo. I'll be available all week, give me a call.

goatee
04-29-2003, 01:26 AM
i have to agree! this boat stood out in my mind also. if i wasnt so set on a 22,,,i'd be calling on it myself.

allanlval
05-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Still for sale ! This is an orginal gel coat, matching number boat, mechanicals rebuilt, rare color,TRS and in great shape. Am I asking too much? REDUCED $13,000. Call for a test drive, boat is ready to go.

KAJUNGA
05-29-2003, 11:17 PM
Al

Your email does not appear to work. I have tried for a few weeks now.

Do you have another email?

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: &lt;alanlval@peoplepc.com&gt;
Reason: User unknown

allanlval
05-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Greg The reason you are not getting through is because you have left out an l in the address It is allanlval@peoplepc.com I am sending you specs and more pictures.

Donzified
05-31-2003, 10:33 AM
I don't think your asking too much.The market range for this type of boat is narrow. Keep the faith.If that satllite radio stock SIRI keeps going up I might come see you myself.

allanlval
06-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Is anyone interested for $12,300? Thinking of listing on E-bay, any thoughts? Is E-bay an effective way to sell this boat?
So far, $11,000 has been my best legitimate offer. I have well over $18,000 in this boat. To get a classic to run like this, plus the collectability of this combination, I believe $12,300 is a bargin. I'm not desperate, but I've lost interest and want to move on.

allanlval
07-09-2003, 10:06 PM
BOAT SOLD
Thanks everyone for your help! Special thanks to Olred for his technical help and support. I am happy to say the boat went to a real enthusiast who will continue to care for the boat. I told him about the registry, and he will be in contact.
Regards ; Al Valentine

1996Z15
07-10-2003, 06:09 AM
Congratulations on the sale; I can't believe it took this long that was a beautiful boat.

pipnit
07-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Hey guys,

I'm the one who wound up buying the boat so it's no longer for sale. I had her out all weekend on lake michigan and shes great! Breathtaking acceleration and lots of oohhhhs and aahhhs. Can't wait to spruce her up a little.

oldLenny
07-15-2003, 07:49 PM
Pipnit, WELCOME ABOARD!!! :D

Hope to hear lots from you!...have fun!

boldts
07-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Pipnit, Congratulationson on your purchase and welcome to the Donzi Registry. Hope to have the opportunity to meet you and see your Classic in person. Good luck with the boat.

pipnit
07-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I didn't see that Al said that it had sold otherwise I wouldn't have posted my message " I bought it, its no longer for sale"-duh. Anyhew, the boat is now located in Michigan City Indiana. I ran it all last weekend. Shredded the power steering belt from running hard, went into port and replaced all the belts. Last night I checked the timing---0 at idle and 37 at 3 grand - perfect! The boat doesn't have a vaccum assist on it so thats the reason for the 0 in case you were wondering. I adjusted the linkage for the throttle because it was getting hung up and wouldn't go down all the way---after running, she was getting stuck at 2 grand. Anyone have a TRS280 or a TRS? I have a little play in the bell housing when lifting it--talking maybe 2mm. I don't think it will be an issue this summer. I'll probably rebuild it this winter. Getting ready to chop that little steering do-hick above the prop and under the cav. plate that acts like an anode as well. A speed freak told me that it will gimme 1mph lol and i have power steering anyhow. I got some 3m polish and have been cleaning her up. The color is coming out really nicely! Anyone know of any companies that makes OEM style cushions and covers or am I stuck with going to the "local guy?" My next project is to do some prop stuff. I currently am running a four blade 21 pitch intimidator and it turns 5500 and runs 64mph fully loaded, anchor, gas, passenger, and other typical stuff. I have a 19 pitch cleaver that I haven't used yet---I'm sure she'll spin faster but I'm not sure if this is the right prop for lake Michigan as they are designed to run half way outta the water. I'm sure I'm going to open a can of worms but any ideas on a good prop? Al is outta vacation but I swore he said this engine would turn over 6000-- I want to say with the 19 3 blade it was doing 800 more RPM. Again thanks for the welcome and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys!

I'm all ears!

Geoff

Steve F.
08-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Is this boat still for sale???

boldts
08-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Geoff, do a search on Bilt-Rite here in the Registry for your interior & cover needs. While under new ownership, they are the original interior company for your boat. They do great work and have all the original patterns!