PDA

View Full Version : 1967 16

Wildfire
03-29-2002, 08:44 PM
Boat is yellow with white stripe. Volvo outdrive, Ford 289/302 motor (not original block), needs restored. Trailer in good shape.

I think it can be bought for around $3200. My cousin owns the boat, I used to. It has been sitting for the last few years in St. Louis, MO. I want the boat to go to a good home, not hide in the back corner of a warehouse.

Let me know if you are interested and I will help make it happen.

Jerry Eisele
03-30-2002, 06:25 AM
Arkansas Donzi, Do you have any pics or other info on the condition, gelcoat,motor,interior etc.
Thanks

Wildfire
03-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Jerry - The original gel was painted over long before I owned the boat and the paint has faded since then. I sanded the deck hoping to find "gold", but didn't. The boat needs a paint job or regelcoating.

There is only one soft spot that I remember and it was in the corner of the wraparound bench. I think this is typical. The original SW gauges were in the boat except for the tach and all functioned 5 years ago. All of the original hardware is present. She does need some minor glass work to smooth out 35 years of bumps and bruises, but nothing major. I would buy a complete interior from Bilt-Rite.

The engine is a runner, but not orignal. I believe it is a 289 with 302 heads, torker II intake and holley carb. It has stainless Nichson(?) exhaust manifolds one is cracked on the outside (JB welded and doing fine from what I hear). I would go through the motor and outdrive just to make sure everything is sound. I believe it is a Volvo 270, no trim.

This is not a perfect boat, stored for the last 30 years. It has been used and not always cared for.

I would go for a total restoration, but the boat is usable in its current condition. It just isn't pretty. It is a winter project and a money pit, but aren't they all?

I have contemplated buying the boat back as I happen to have a Volvo 275T and new 350. That would fix half the problems with the 16.

I do not have pictures, but please feel free to ask very specific questions and I will follow up to the best of my ability.