PDA

View Full Version : 1972 GT-21

Craig
09-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Anybody interested in a link to a 1972 GT-21 for $22,000.00?? If so I'll post link. Saw it surfin' around. (Powder Blue + white stripe, Homan Moody, etc.).

ToonaFish
09-05-2002, 12:03 AM
Yep, please post the link... I'm curious as to how much of the boat is made of solid gold at that price...

Bunches,

Celene

Craig
09-05-2002, 05:51 AM
Toona,
Yea that's what I thought. It looks like a great boat, but c'mon! Here's the link anyhow:
http://www.sierraboat.com/boats/fiber8.html
Maybe it's "OBO" The link is to Sierra Boat Co. which looks like they dealt mostly in old woodies; Chris Crafts, etc. and as I scanned the price list, even though I know old wood boats are pricey, they looked pretty high too, like $35,000 for an old wooden Chris Craft Continental. Must be a nice one! Anyway, there's the GT-21 link. Hey, at worst the 3 or 4 pics are fun to look at! The cockpit is sharp looking.

Gritz
09-05-2002, 08:52 AM
I think I got it.

$12,000 for the boat and $10,000 to get it out of the warehouse. :rolleyes: :D

Formula Jr
09-05-2002, 10:30 PM
This the second GT-21 (72-74) circa boat I've seen at this price range. All I can say, is both are alittle underpriced and real steals at 20K plus. :D

EricG
09-06-2002, 10:37 AM
That sounds like Posturing Owen.....you wouldn't know of another Blue GT would you?

I think that price makes perfect sense:
Base price of any Donzi west of Rockies: $15,000
Value Adjustment based on Condition: $2,000
Upcharge for being a "Collector Boat": $5,000
Total Value: $22,000

See, they got the price right wink Too Bad Len already found a boat...this one was a good deal :D

-EG

Craig
09-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Hmmm? Sounds like some are very fond of the GT-21's. I'm not real familiar with them other than some catalog pics and general production years. What is the scoop on them? Were they low production models? How much did they cost new? What years produced? It's a shame Donzi couldn't continue with all models (in additions to new ones) as they have done with the Classic 16, 18, and 22. I'd like to see a 2003 line up that included an X-18, Minx, 16' Outboard, Corsican, etc., etc. They've quit on some awesome older designs. Understandable, but too bad. I agree with the writer of a '94 Boating World mag. article I have on the 16 Classic that, at the time, stated:
"If American Marine Holdings hadn't kept Donzi alive, then somebody should have, if for no other reason than to produce the 16 Classic".
I would only ad that they should have kept a few other molds busy too!

RH
09-12-2002, 09:12 PM
Hey, I have seen a nice GT 21 earlier this year in the Atlanta area for sale for 18K which I was trying to get my brother to buy. I beleive that the GT 21 is a great boat, and I hope that they get the 22K! That is unless I am buying one! The Sierra Boat Works is a major wood boat mecca of the west coast with some amazing talent and craftsmen (women included) sorry Tonna, I did not want to offend you! As a wood boat owner as well, it is a neat place for boat lovers.
RH

Gritz
09-12-2002, 10:35 PM
Yeah, the wooden boat thing.
And I have to have a friend with two of 'em no less.
Oh well work on the Chris and cruise on the Donzi.
Things could be worse.
gotta love 'em though, a work of art from a different time. http://www.donzi.net/photos/whyde35.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/whyde36.jpg

Dave Rintala
09-24-2002, 11:49 AM
I know this boat! The picture of the bow is not the right boat, it does not have the stripe, but does have crome horns, this boat is pimpin. It has a new windshield, new seats, and a hydolic lift for the engine cover. It has about 700 hours if memory serves, and has only been used on Lake Tahoe, warehoused in the winter. It has had much attention and is running perfectly. There is a hairline crack in the engine cover that is hidden by the rear seatpad. I can get this boat for you for a bit less, 20,000. in thirty days, and there is a good trailer with electric winch for it for $1000.00, anyone interested? contact me directly, I will post a photo sometime soon.

Donzified
10-03-2002, 12:01 PM
20 years ago a wood boat was all I could aford.Now days wood boats are for the well to do.I love to buy boats ,can't seem to bring myself to sell any of them. I.E. " A boat for evey occasion,An occasion for every boat."There is nothing like the ride of a good size "woodie".

RedDog
10-03-2002, 03:30 PM
Hey Gritz - speaking of knowing boats - how long has your friend had that Chris Craft - the Unique. I almost bought that model (that boat?) a couple of years back down in Chattanooga.

Gritz
10-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Reddog,
The 33' Capitan "Unique" has been owned by my friend since 1990 or so. Before that by the second owner for about 10 years and before that by the original owner who received it as a wedding present in 1954.
Some really interesting stuff on the original invoice, such as $156 +/- for a full teak cockpit, $5 for optional black hull from the factory, etc. Total of +$13,000 in 1954 which was a whole bunch of money in those days (in Alabama anyway, LOL).
It is a grand ol' boat to say the least.
Stan

RedDog
10-04-2002, 05:34 AM
I think the boat I was considering was also a 33 but it seems it was 60's vintage. Similar design to your friend's but had a varnished hull. Needed work but was a really good looking boat - could of had it for around $13,000.