PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Buy

Mike Rader
05-29-2002, 03:33 PM
Hello,

I have been mesmerized by Donzi and need some assistance. I am new to the boating seen as a consumer. I am looking for a 22' to 26', 1990 to 2000 boat. I am finding a lot of conflicting information about prices and so forth. So I have a few questions that I think will help narrow my search.

1. What year did the Donzi change the body style to a stepped hull?

2. How can I tell if the motor is not the same as the stock motor? Manufacturer?

3. How many hours is too much?

4. How expensive is it to have the hull resurfaced and painted? I may want to change the color. Should I change the color?

5. Suggestions for insurance companies?

I am really interested in the Donzi Black Hawk.

6. Things I should look for in them?

I hope I do not sound like a fool. I am at times too meticulous. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Mike

DON N.
05-29-2002, 07:14 PM
HOPE I DON'T SOUND LIKE ONE EITHER,

MIKE, SEEMS LIKE YOU OUGHT TO TRY THE BOAT YOUR INTERESTED IN OUT AND SEE IF YOU LIKE THE WAY IT HANDLES AND SUITS YOUR NEEDS.

1. I THINK ONLY THE DONZI BLACKHAWK HAD A ROCKER HULL. GUESSING,THE ZX SERIES HAS STEP HULL ?

2. THERE MUST BE NUMBER MATCHING @ A DEALER.

3. AGAIN THIS MUST VERY WITH HOW THE BOAT WAS TAKEN CARE OF,SEEMS LIKE A COMPRESSION TEST WOULD TELL IF ENGINE HAS BEEN MAINTAINED.EACH CYL. SHOULD BE CLOSE TO 10 POUNDS OF EACH OTHER.I DON'T THINK I'D BE LOOKING AT SOMETHING WITH OVER 400 HOURS AND EXPECT IT TO BE PERFECT.

4. I'VE HEARD GEL COAT IS EXPENSIVE,IF GEL COAT IS BAD AND YOU WANT A DIFFERANT COLOR .DO IT!

5. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT INSURANCE CO.'S ,BUT I HAVE SEEN POSTINGS,CHECK BOATING MAGAZINES.

DON N.
05-29-2002, 07:24 PM
5. CONTINUED.I HIT THE WRONG KEY.
DONZI BOARD WAS SPLIT OVER BLAWKHAWK DRIVE/I GUESS PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE AND GETTING RARE.MOST LIKED THE BRAVO.

6. MAINTENCE RECORDS - USED IN SALT H2O - ANY DAMAGE THAT'S BEEN REPAIRED SHOULD EFFECT PRICE.
ENGINEER AT DONZI FACTORY TOLD ME THEIR BOATS ARE EXPECTED TO LAST 5 YRS. SOUTH - 10 YRS. UP NORTH,
SEEMS LIKE THEY LAST LONGER THAN THAT,BUT I DIDN'T ASK DETAILS. GOOD LUCK ! IT'S TERRIBLE WAITING ISN'T IT ?

Cuda
05-31-2002, 05:00 PM
Check out the model list at the top of this page, it should help you out.
http://www.donzi.net/dlist/index.htm