PDA

View Full Version : 1979 Hornet II - $3k ***SOLD***

Forrest
06-12-2001, 06:53 PM
Yea, that's right, I'm only asking $3000, and it's a good solid Classic Donzi, too.

Here is what you get and what it needs:

1979 20' Donzi Hornet II

Custom fitted Hitchhiker trailer ready for the highway.

NO engine, drive, or gimbal.

Hull has been sprayed Awlgrip red and bottom
is VC white epoxy, deck has been primed with Awlgrip 741 but not sprayed.

Complete original front bench seat and cockpit ring but needs upholstery.

All deck hardware removed, is the original hard to fine stuff, and is included.

The windshield is original and complete, but has scratches and a small crack on the starboard side.

Dash panel with Faria instruments, Morse control, Big-T steering, and a first-rate custom wiring harness with fuse panel is included and installed.

You can email me or call 850-878-3233 night or 850-410-4696 day.

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/bo/bowtiekid/HornetIIside.jpg

http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/bo/bowtiekid/HornetIIfront.jpg

Len
06-13-2001, 04:07 PM
Forrest. Is this a 2/3 seater (single bench)or does it have a rear bench/seating as well?. I am not familiar with these boats but the extra freeboard sure looks nice. Will it move with a small block or does it NEEEED a big block? Is the transom filled or as it was and if so what drive was hanging off it? Thanx

Forrest
06-13-2001, 07:41 PM
It's a bench seat in the front it is very heavy. It's a pretty cool seating arrangement, but you could probably get rid of 150 lb. or more by going to buckets.

The transom is cut for a Mercruiser TRS and I have a TRS gimbal, drive, etc., that I can package up at an addition price if anyone is interested. Hornets have had all sorts of engines in them through the years from small block Fords to big block Chevys, and big block Fords in the V-drive configuration.

The total number of all Hornets made is very low, and that goes for the Hornet I, II, and IIIs, which spans from the mid-1960s to late 1980s. Does anyone know the number? Last I heard it was in the total production count was in the seventy-something range.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 06-13-2001).]

Forrest
08-14-2001, 04:14 PM
SOLD to a man in Atlanta.

I still have the TRS running gear for sale.