Windshield
Depth Sounder
Cockpit Cover
Carpet (Snap-in)
AM/FM CD
Shore Lander Trailer
Spare Prop (needs rebuild)

I would like to get what I owe, approximately
$9K. I found a sweet 22 Classic thats kinda hard to pass up. I will try to get some pix up as soon as I get my paws on a digital camera. E-mail dwood@mediaone.net

Dave

------------------

woodsy32
10-16-2000, 02:53 PM
Here are the photo's of my Donzi 18 Classic taken this weekend on Lake Winnepesaukee.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1271384&a=9411977

Len
10-16-2000, 05:05 PM
Original gel coat?,...how many hours?

woodsy32
10-16-2000, 11:29 PM
Len,

Yes, the gel coat is original and in excellent shape. The woman who owned it before me was meticulous in caring for this boat. As a matter of fact, for the first two years I owned the boat at the marina it was serviced it the boat was still refered to as "Donna's Donzi". As for how many hours the boat has, I don't know as it does not have an hour meter. I can tell you it runs flawlessly , does not burn a drop of of oil. If I were to hazard a guess I would say it is under 500 hours total, but thats just a guess based on my usage and the shape the boat was in when I bought it. I can send more pics if interested.

Dave

Len
10-16-2000, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll be in touch if needed. I found out where Chelmsford, Massachusets was this evening. Not too close to Victoria, but then again, no Donzi ever seems to be. Not far for a delivery to the Canada side of the border mind you. What,is it about, say, 4 hours north to Montreal. Then Montreal by rail across Canada. Would you consider a "delivery" to the Canada side of border if I pursued this?.Looks nice and I have Air Miles to use. Was thinking more along the lines of Mexico, not Massachusets mind you...Who knows...?

woodsy32
10-17-2000, 08:46 AM
I can certainly be persuaded to bring the Donzi up to Montreal. Its actually about 5 1/2 hours away. I did talk to my shipping guy here at work, and he recomended towing the boat back yourself. I guess you could ship it by rail (he and I both know absolutely nothing about that) or you could use what is called a co-op broker that sets up deals so trucks have a load back to where they came from. He reccomended that the cargo be heavily insured as basically you are paying/trusting a stranger with your boat. I cannot imagine it would be too much to rent a truck for a one way trip. We could make sure there is a spare for the trailer and I would have the marina repack/replace the trailer bearings for you to make sure the trip would be uneventful. I am also not too sure of the customs implications, but I am guessing those are pretty much next to nothing. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Dave

Greg Riach
10-17-2000, 09:25 AM
Customs is not a problem, US made boats can be imported into Canada duty free. I just did this in August and I only had to pay the GST & PST taxes. If a US citizen brought the boat across the border the taxes would be paid by the new owner when the boat was registered in Canada. I hope this helps.

Greg

Len
10-17-2000, 09:45 AM
Boat needs to have a clean title, (eg; no moneys owing against it in the United States, no outstanding leans etc, and all I have to have is a proof of purchase, (bill of sale) signed and dated by the owner showing purchase price and serial numbers, a signed over registration for the boat, the trailer insurance papers/registration, (I have to re-insure it for British Columbia, and have a separate bill of sale for the trailer) then I get a document from the customs people for $200.00 Can that is an application for inspection of the trailer withinn 10 working days to make sure it complies with our road laws here. (must have turn signals, brake lights etc. (Basic) I don't have to pay duty on it if everything was made in the US of A. That is the case. My last boat had a Shoreland'r trailer. I have to pay 14% on the converted US dollar value of the boat, ($9000US = $13,500 Canadian x 15% = $1890.00 Canadian in taxes) Then it is free and clear to come into the country. Total cost at your asking price into the country is about $15,600 Can. Then I have to look after shipping to the other coast. That is something I'll look into in the next few days and then I'll get back to you. The whole shipping, traversing coasts and countries is something I have to figure out anyway. Lenny

woodsy32
10-17-2000, 09:53 AM
If it helps on transportation costs for you I can get the boat out to Buffalo NY and cross the border there. The trailer will have no problem passing inspection, the rubber is good and all of the lights work etc. The boat has a clean title.

Dave

woodsy32
10-17-2000, 10:09 AM
I just looked at a map, I don't think Buffalo will help you much. Not too much of a straight line for shipping.

Dave

boxy
10-17-2000, 10:26 AM
Lenny, my family operates the Canada Customs Bonded Warehouse in Ottawa. If I an help you with any of the shipping details, drop me a line. I deal with a bunch of cross Canada shippers daily, and one of my tenants runs a trucking company operating throughout the USA. It wouldn't take much to set up "in bond" transportation from MA to Ottawa for furtherance to Victoria. You wouldn't have to pay taxes till you got the boat to BC.

I can help any of the board members, on both sides of the border, with shipping. American guys, I can ship you clean, cheap freshwater parts from Canada, and for the Canadian guys, I can give you a NY drop ship address, for any shipper who doesn't want to ship to Canada, import, clear, and re-ship the goods.
Take care

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

Len
10-17-2000, 10:36 AM
Boxy, You are looking for an 18 2+3 as well, right?. Why doesn't this baby interest you? Is it the OMC years, or the Ford, or the Volvo? I'm just curious...This is in your neck of the woods and it does "look" clean.

boxy
10-17-2000, 10:47 AM
Len, I'm looking for an older 18, preferably GM powered, and Merc driven. I have a 19 Regal Valanti I'm trying to sell, and I'd like to come out even money, or track down a basket case hidden somewhere in the 1000 Islands, and end up with 2 boats. I've been screwing around for almost 2 years, and it's time to get moving.

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

woodsy32
10-26-2000, 10:03 AM
Well Guys...

Thanks for all of the interest, but the boat is SOLD!! I cannot wait until I get the new 22' Classic!!

Dave

Len
10-26-2000, 10:40 AM
having trouble reading your post with all the tears in my eyes

woodsy32
10-26-2000, 10:48 AM
Sorry Len...

I was hoping she would sell quick, but I did not realize how quick. I am sure you will find your Donzi... and with any luck at all it will be a lot closer to you than NH!! I will keep my eyes open up this way for you, you never know what you might find!!

Dave

AVickers
10-26-2000, 06:15 PM
Thousand Islands????

I love the Thousand Islands area!!!!

I worked a Summer in Kingston. Good friends. Good times. Good beer. Good food. Great scenery and I always thought blasting around the area in a hot rod boat would be way cool.

If anyone needs a boat delivered up that direction from southern US, during the summer, call me. I'll do it cheap.

boldts
10-26-2000, 09:47 PM
Thousand Islands!!! I would love to go there one of these summers. I've read so much about the classic wood boat regadas held there. I was going to go there on my honeymoon. Plans were to take the Donzi along and enjoy a week checking out the area. With my last name being Boldt, a stop at my castle was planned also. I ended up boarding a plane with my new wife not knowing where we were going. We spent the week in the Keys (Holiday Isle) and had a great time.

boxy
10-27-2000, 07:43 AM
boldts, your castle is in good hands. After years of neglect, and decay, New York State took it over,(the 1000 Islands Bridge Authority runs it) and have embarked on a major renovation. It is amazing to walk through it, and imagine the work that was involved in the original construction. If you ever make it up here, and need a tour guide, drop me a line.
The Castle (http://www.boldtcastle.com)
The Boathouse (http://www.boldtcastle.com/yacht.htm)

------------------
boxy
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

[This message has been edited by boxy (edited 10-27-2000).]

boldts
10-28-2000, 11:15 AM
Thanks Boxy. Will do! I still have all the literature that I had collected for our honeymoon trip. There seems to be a lot of smaller, owner type hotels, Bed & Breakfast, type places to stay.