PDA

View Full Version : 87' Donzi 2+3 w/454 Forsale

bverd
11-10-2001, 06:48 PM
Just passing on some information on a boat I found...

1987 Donzi Classic 18 2+3 (Red hull, white deck, with red stripe)
BBC 454 (less then 2 seasons young)
Edelbrock Carberator and intake manifold
Mild cam
Alpha 1 outdrive
New paint
2 Covers (one full, one cockpit)
Trailer comes with boat.

Updated Price
Asking $6500OBO

harbormaster
11-10-2001, 06:52 PM
Hey Brad.
We need a price on the ad.

bverd
08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I thought I would share some developements with this boat. It is still forsale, and it has sat since I posted this add way back when. The owner doesnt' want it anymore and is asking $6500

Because it has sat for so long it is in pretty rough shape now. It would need a new interior, new carpet. the paint on it isn't that old but has not been cared for either so some new clear would probably be in order. Mechanially, I don't know much other then it has been winterized/de-winterized each year. I think I remember one of the mechanics saying it needed some carb work.

Could be a nice boat for the right person looking to put in some work. If anyone is really interested let me know and I will get you some pictures.

If interested call Andy at 301-294-5936, it is not Andy's boat but he is brokering it for the owner.

Andy McCarty
08-04-2005, 01:01 PM
I might be interested could you post pictures.

Donzi Dreaming
08-04-2005, 01:24 PM
I would be interested in some pictures of it if possible.

Thanks,
John

Sam
08-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Brad, what size boat is this..............18 or 22.

sam

bverd
08-04-2005, 02:19 PM
It's an 18 and I will try to get some current photos for you guys and put them up.

These pictures were taken when this add was first posted years ago, please don't go off of these photos for your decision as it has sat all this time, but it is all I have right now.

--Brad

glashole
08-04-2005, 02:48 PM
where is the boat now??

bverd
08-04-2005, 02:58 PM
The boat is located in Rockville, MD

bverd
08-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I suppose everybody's got an opinion... but myself I would hold my opinion back from the group until I know all the necessary information.

Here are some pictures... as stated it is rough but structurally it is all there and in decent shape. It is an Alpha drive that has a recent lower unit. Apparently the owner had issues with the smallblock that was in the boat. He upgraded to the BBC and then never drove it. (as I understand it). I don't know about the back seat cushions, I have seen them in the past. They maybe up under the bow, but I am not sure.

It would be nice to see someone bring life back to this classic.

Again the contact information is listed above.

--bverd

AaronL
08-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey bverd. Does the owner still have the original engine? Can the boat be sea trialed? Was the engine swap done well? Everything looks good in the pictures, not sure why the boat is still for sale. Has the boat seen salt water? Very interested and anxious to here from someone.

bverd
08-15-2005, 12:13 PM
I have shared all I know about the boat, I would call Andy listed in earlier posts. He has the boat at his marine shop and could answer and take care of anything you need.

Good luck... I am usefull for more pictures if needed. Let me know.

--bverd

tice652
08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Any idea what the top end is w/ the 454?
Thanks
Dan

captainsae
08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
I have been thinking about this too. I talked to the guy who has it and he said he would check the stringers etc. but added that it's not really what he does. He said I should hire a surveyor. I would like to think that it's a perfect world and people always told things as they are but we know that is not the case. He said the engine does not run, probably fuel related. He also said that one should not attempt to start it without changing all the fluids, water pump, fuel, etc. - he could do this service for 2 grand. If the motor and outdrive truely have as low hours as they say then maybe the mechanicals could be good but that is the big if. I don't like the fact that the boat has been painted and the stickers applied in the wrong place and i was told it would need touch up and clear coat - a paintjob. Interior will need new upholstery, and steering wheel that I know of. Have no idea of the condition of the electrical system as the battery is dead. Its a risk for sure but could be a fairly reasonable project for someone who can do their own work. If you can handle 10 - 15 grand (depending if you can do the work or not) for a 1987 18c it might be worth it. I think its a nice looking boat in the photos and it would look nice on the water too. If you are not a perfectionist and the engine and outdrive treats you well maybe it could be used as is. What do you guys think?

Lenny
08-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Tice, this boat is HEAVY now, BB and stock manifolds will give you about 220 pounds I believe. The Alpha "might" not like flying this hull 24/7 and that is something to consider. A Bravo will fit the hole mind you if you decide to replace it. It could be a stock-ish 330 454 or something wilder. Who knows. I would think you would see about 65-70 GPS with this. It has a slippery leg, and probably 30+ ponies over a MAG MPI 350, (if it is in GOOD shape) BUT, you have 200+ extra pounds in the rear where you are trying to air it out and probably a stock "X" dimension. It would also have to be propped right :rolleyes:

I believe RedDog saw 72 with a NICE 454 and a King Cobra drive in his '94. (Blackie has it now)

It also has a windshield so there is a TON of drag there :D

Looks like fun for the price. You need some recent pics tho :yes: and an inspection arranged.

tice652
08-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Lenny - Thanks for the input - I am lookling to buy my first donzi - any insight on the x-18 trs on boat trader?
Thanks
Dan

Tice, this boat is HEAVY now, BB and stock manifolds will give you about 220 pounds I believe. The Alpha "might" not like flying this hull 24/7 and that is something to consider. A Bravo will fit the hole mind you if you decide to replace it. It could be a stock-ish 330 454 or something wilder. Who knows. I would think you would see about 65-70 GPS with this. It has a slippery leg, and probably 30+ ponies over a MAG MPI 350, (if it is in GOOD shape) BUT, you have 200+ extra pounds in the rear where you are trying to air it out and probably a stock "X" dimension. It would also have to be propped right :rolleyes:

I believe RedDog saw 72 with a NICE 454 and a King Cobra drive in his '94. (Blackie has it now)

Looks like fun for the price. You need some recent pics tho :yes: and an inspection arranged.

tice652
08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Lenny - Thanks for the input - I am lookling to buy my first donzi - any insight on the x-18 trs on boat trader?
Thanks
Dan

bverd
10-07-2005, 04:00 PM
A little update on the boat. It is still available, I guess alot of calls but no actualy people.

They did get the starter working and motor fired. Compression check on all cylinders are perfect. Motor seems to check out okay.

Again any further questions contact Andy... phone number provided earlier.

--bverd

BTW... that second set of pictures are recent. Taken the day of the post.