PDA

View Full Version : 18 in Seattle Paper

EricG
04-30-2001, 06:01 PM
Hey Len....

I'll bet this is the Teal one again....but I thought I had better get it out here, since NW boats don't show up that often....

18' Donzi - Inboard, low time, w/trailer, $14,700. 206-720-1827

EG

Len
04-30-2001, 09:28 PM
Eric, thanks for the heads up! I know so much more about these things now, thanks to everyone on this site, and the regulars have filled my head! (OMC years, Volvo and Fords, quality issues, Gel-coat and hardware appointments etc)that I would not pay 15 Grand ($24,000.00 CAN)for one of these of that era. There are sooooo many much nicer offerings out there , original and not OMC era, never anywhere near "close" mind you, for a lot less and represent a much better investment. I see Bverd still has his original X-18 complete with paddle and manuals around... I am not SLAGGING anyone with one of the OMC boats, don't get me wrong. I would love to have one just to get into a Donzi. I just don't want to pay that much tho for one from that era,...or that much for ANY 18' period.

Found a 16' "DONZI" in "Electric Yellow" one hour North of me today. I haven't been able to talk to the owner yet regarding the thing BUT it doesn't look good so far. Ford and Volvo I do know, 0 hours, says it is a 1999, and has just gone through a "custom" 7 year build up... ahhh 1999 plus 7 equals 2006. What year is it? The "electric yellow" sounds like a paint job to me. I bet I find it is another take off of a REAL BOAT. Probably a Starfire copy or someone got their hands on this mid 70's mould and layed one up.

I'm used to the struggle now. If the guys on this site new how hard it was to see a real DONZI here it would drive them crazy!!! So far I have only seen two. (in the last two years!!!)I live on the water, have all my life, spend EVERYDAY looking in backyards and marinas, and never miss a paper/buy and sell. Jeff's (Blewbyu) and the one mentioned here are the only ones I have ever seen. I'm not complaining anymore, just got used to it.

Cheers,...Lenny! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif