PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Donzi Ski Sporter For Sale H&M 351

grwombat
04-30-2001, 02:59 PM
This is a 1968 Donzi Ski Sporter. H/M Ford 351 Power is supplied through the original Holman and Moody/Volvo 250 outdrive (rebuilt in May of 2000 by Chet Purves of Purves Marine Works in West Creek N.J. Chet is one of the true gentleman mechanics in the area and an Aronow boat expert). I have the original Holman and Moody marine registration dated 8/25/69 in which is listed the 289 Ford motor replaced with a 351 Holman & Moody Ford. Motor numbers match this document.

This is a freshwater boat that has had no expense spared to keep her in good shape. I have spent $8197 rebuilding, maintaining and carefully upgrading (originality is important on a boat like this) in the past three years and she is ready for the season. The birth of my second child makes the running of a powerful boat like this family prohibitive...hence the reluctant sale. Call me a weenie but I am keeping the sailboat. I switched to electronic ignition at the end of last season. I have a twin axle performance trailer that goes with the boat as well as three extra propellors, some tune up parts and the Coast Guard life jacket package.

The boat is red and white (high quality urethane repaint). The boat has trim tabs, a stainless steel prop, a cockpit cover and the original Donzi Morse shift/throttle lever (attached to a custom stainless plate for access to cables if necessary). I have resisted the urge to repaint the original H/M outdrive because it is rare and original -- it looks good if a bit weathered. It could easily be done if the new owner desires. The boat is still winterized but has just been removed from her indoor winter storage. I would encourage anyone to come and see this boat. This is a collectible classic that you can have a heck of a lot of fun with. Please e-mail with questions. Buyer is responsible for pick up of the boat -- here in Milan one hour south of Albany. The trailer is ready to roll.
Contact Stephen Beer 845-758-8138
stephen@beerinc.com
Boat is located in Milan, NY -- one hour south of Albany.
Pictures at http://www.beerinc.com/donzi2.html