PDA

View Full Version : A very green 22'...

Tony
12-09-2003, 07:09 PM
The "gucci green" 22' classic is down to $9,750. Quite cheap for a 22, but man, that is a lot of green! Check it out here on BoatTrader, (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/0/40171850.htm) with more pics posted by the broker on this link. (http://64.4.14.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=3771bd2c14c25982aec309324d6cbede&lat=1071030709&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eeglobalyachts%2ecom %2f) I like green and all, but even the outdrive is green! A white stripe would probably help...what do you think?

ToonaFish
12-09-2003, 08:00 PM
The "on this link" is expired?

Fewer greenbacks makes it more attractive... but it needs more than a stripe. Has anyone actually seen this boat in person?

Bunches,

Celene "it's kinda like Charlie Brown's tree"

mattyboy
12-09-2003, 08:33 PM
It was used by St Patrick to chase the snakes out of Ireland or atleast it was used to beat the rocks to scare the snakes eek! eek! .
my personal theory is it is a redhead regeled green wink

Matty

RedDog
12-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Careful now, I love green:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/picture_025.jpg

Remember, that was once someone's baby and it might be again.

Santa - see, I am a good guy

Tony
12-09-2003, 09:39 PM
I fixed the "on this link" link. Go to boats for sale and search for 22's. Presuming a solid deck, gas tank, stringers/transom, and engine...add a white stripe, bottom, and waterline stripe...renew the interior, remove the grab rails, refurbish the outdrive...at this price maybe there is hope for this boat? Anybody want to buy a pristine '67 Ski Sporter?

RedDog, I am so jealous of your green 22! I exchanged several e-mails with Peter but just did not have the ready cash to swing a deal. In my mind that was (is) an extremely clean boat with preferred power, at a reasonable price. I'm glad it went to a good home, the pop-up cleats are a very nice improvement! I'd love to hitch a ride if you're coming to AOTH IV.

boldts
12-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Hi Tony! Sorry I wasn't able to get up to see you all last weekend. I know I missed a great time with some great friends.

Talk to Fasteddie about the green 22. I remember reading that while at the 1000 Islands gathering, they took a look at this boat. Todd Somerville may have information also. Not sure.

Say hello to everyone and from us to you and yours, Happy Holidays!

MOP
12-09-2003, 11:15 PM
I had it inspected back in September, any serious interest drop me an E-Mail.

CDMA
12-10-2003, 01:06 AM
Red Dog,

This takes green to a whole new level...

Chris

Sleep....optional

chop
03-04-2004, 02:27 PM

Hi,

I am intersted in the boat and am obviously curious about what you found out about it. I was planning on taking a trip out there to look it over. Any help you can offer would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Chop

roadtrip se
03-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Chop, please email or PM MOP for the details on the gucci green machine.

His information can be found in his profile.

Todd

doogie
03-05-2004, 04:50 PM

I'm looking for a 22 classic, like to know what MOP knows about green machine

MOP
03-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Ok I have gotten a few E-mails about the boat, I have not seen it except for the photos. For you guys that made the 1000 trip and met Larry he is an RV speculator a real critical guy, he did my inspection I trust him with even my women! It has been repowered looked fairly recent, stucturaly intact, Big block hooked to an Alpha that blow some peoples skirts up to me its BS unless you hammer it. Lots of fat old cruiser with old Alphas on them. He said the trailer was crap but may make it to my place, about 500 miles. After going over thing with him I was headed up to see and try to buy for $7,500 figuring a $2,500 paint job and a new interior. But I bought Steve(Waleye) dads boat instead. I spring for the boat at a good number get hold of Woodsy see if he still has that new white interior, paint it and enjoy!

If you are Irish well ball in your court on the Kelly Green!

Tom Davis
03-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Fast Eddie and I checked out the boat when we were in 1000 islands, it was raining and we were out at the antique boat museum, on the way back we stopped briefly to check out the green 22.

Needs work to restore. This could be a good project boat. I think the price is high for the shape that it's in. Just my opinion....