PDA

View Full Version : Brand New! 1968 18 2 + 3

knee deep
12-08-2003, 10:32 AM
BRAND NEW 1968 18 2+3 If you are looking for a perfect old Donzi in better than new condition this is your boat. Professional 10 month hull up restoration completed in September just in time for the "Hometown Rally". No expense spared, everything in this boat was replaced, rechromed or rebuilt to make it better than the day it left the factory. Hull refinished in original Donzi Navel Orange Gelcoat and deck and liner professionally awlgripped. Boat has orignal Holman Moody 351W, left hand steering, all chrome replated, new steering, new shifter, new cables, new wiring, new fuel tank, new seat pedestals, the list is too long to put on here. It comes on a custom built Continental trailer designed specifically for this hull. Serious inquiries only this boat will be sold to the individual making the highest reasonable offer by noon on Thursday December 11, 2003. If an unacceptable offer is not received subject to reasonable reserve the boat will be put on E-bay.

Too many pictures of this project to post. If interested contact with e-mail and will forward pictures to you.

Serious inquiries only!!!

gcarter
12-08-2003, 11:52 AM
It sounds like a really nice boat. Would you mind giving a range of what you consider to be a reasonable offer?

roadtrip se
12-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Kneedeep,

I remember talking to you about your restoration in progress in Sarasota last year. Great to hear you finished it. Sorry to hear you're selling it.

Please email me a couple of pics to somewisbey@comcast.net and I will post them for you.

Also, you need to put a price on your boat for this ad. If you wish to run an auction here, please feel free to to do so, but typically the proceeds are donated to the Harbormaster which I doubt is your intent!

Good luck,

Todd

knee deep
12-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys, I have somewhere in the vicinity of $ 25,000 invested in this boat, as I am in the yachting business it was redone to megayacht standards, not Donzi standards. For example the whole inside of the hull was painted with bilgekote, I was told by a few people that the boat should be worth somewhere betweeen 13k and 20k, the problem being that no one really knows what an authentic true to original restoration is worth. All I can say is that you cannot believe the number of heads this boat turns when out. I'll end by saying that $ 15,000 will not buy it.....

mattyboy
12-08-2003, 08:30 PM
hull number????
I have seen pics and the boat is very nice but
it is in a gray area as far has price, what is a true resto worth??, and what is a resto that goes beyond original specs worth more or less because it in not original??, it's worth what someone will pay for it in a given market and if that price range crosses over with a newer boat with more modern equipment that market has become alot smaller.
does it have a rarity factor???
that always adds to resale value
good luck as your boat goes so does all of ours

Matty

roadtrip se
12-08-2003, 08:39 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville106.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville108.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville109.jpg

markdonzi
12-09-2003, 07:38 AM
What kind of outdrive is on it. Looks like a Volvo? Could you E-Mail me pictures of the interior and engine and outdrive I am interested
Thanks
Mark Prendeville