PDA

View Full Version : MINT Criterion ll

Scott Pearson
11-21-2003, 11:23 PM
1980 Criterion II. BB 454 with Gale bank twin turbos and a TRS. Boat is all red with a white deck and boot stripe. 100% Original and roughly 150 total Hours!

Its weird all of these Criterions poping up!

I found this boat today at a job site we are doing a work at. It has been sitting in the end unit for a pretty long time. Guy is looking to get rid of it. Says he is looking to get $16,000.00 or BO. Its only word of mouth now and he will be advertising it in the next few weeks. I told him I might know someone interested. I dont have the money right now with putting my garage up. So I'm passing it along. Somebody better jump on this one!!!

I will be back at the site Tuesday and will take a load of pictures for all of you. Please e-mail me and I will give you the number the seller can be reached at.

(NJ)Scott

Ed Donnelly
11-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Lets hope we will soon have all 3 models of the Criterion represented on the board.Then we can do the left, right, steering thing..Life is good..Ed

Greg K
11-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Will be looking forward to the pics..and anyone in FL, hands off !! wink

BUIZILLA
11-22-2003, 04:06 PM
OMG!! eek! eek! what a day this has been...

J :cool:

Poodle's fer sure sleepin' in the doghouse now... wink

Ed Donnelly
11-22-2003, 04:18 PM
I feel so sorry for you MadPoodle.The decisions you now have to make.WHICH Criterion do I drive today. Gee should i take the SS this morning or the 11. There should be a law against this.You lucky dog...Ed

DAULEY
11-22-2003, 04:45 PM
another one bites the dust and will be eaten up by saltwater

anotherScott
11-22-2003, 05:11 PM
See.....I told you Poodle had a secret lagoon with all the criterions :D

Congrats Poodle!

Scott

DAULEY
11-22-2003, 05:46 PM
i think the boat should go up for auction with all funds over asking price go to the web site

mattyboy
11-22-2003, 05:55 PM
you sunshine boys are always bitching about us snowbirds invading your land you don't seem to have any problems taking our boats though!!! :p wink :D
I can hear the conversation now, Poodle talking to some transplanted Joisey guy at the ramp,
"yes it's a criterion and it came from Jersey"
the response" really What exit???" :p wink :D

Matty

Cuda
11-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Damn Poodle, quit bogarting all the Criterions!

terry
11-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Getting the industrial size popcorn and a super big gulp!

DAULEY
11-22-2003, 09:04 PM
boat probably doesnt exist i emailed last nite and said i would buy it and never got a answer or email back then i see poodle bought the boat thats bull but typical forsome on the site

RedDog
11-22-2003, 09:05 PM
You're right HP - maybe I've jumped to wrong or premature conclusions - I aplogize for what I posted earlier. I've deleted it

BUIZILLA
11-22-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm getting tired of popcorn, can't we move on to salsa and chips? how about some mint chocolate chip or cinnaman ice cream?

okay, so now someone found the red one... now where did the yellow one go? :confused:

RedDog
11-22-2003, 09:27 PM
To hell with popcorn, I stick to KY Bourbon - which may explain some of my more indiscreet post :rolleyes:

terry
11-22-2003, 09:28 PM
RedDog,
in no way was that directed toward you :)
I did not think your post was out of line.

RedDog
11-22-2003, 09:34 PM
HP600SC:
RedDog,
in no way was that directed toward you :)
I did not think your post was out of line. Well to tell the truth Ted, I really didn't think it was out of line either. Let me mix another and I'll likely post it again.

Standby....

terry
11-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I'll drink to that! CHEERS. wink

DAULEY
11-22-2003, 10:42 PM
hay reddog
your earlier post didnt bother me
i think you should repost it

TuxedoPk
11-22-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm guessing that you're right, the Criterion II was more bait than boat with a few of us biting.

I emailed Scott right after he posted last night letting him know I wanted to pick up the boat this weekend, and spoke to Poodle about my planning ot buy it when he was at the races today. The likelyhood of Scott turning around and buying the boat vs. April fools coming early this year seems slim :)

Ed Donnelly
11-23-2003, 12:34 AM
I'm really confused.Shooting off E-mails as fast as I can to congradulate new owners.Next time I think I will wait a month or two,before I make a fool of myself :confused: :confused: :confused: ..Ed

Cuda
11-23-2003, 06:35 AM
Ok, now I give up, who bought the Criterion???

Greg K
11-23-2003, 07:57 AM
Alot of nothing being said here and attitudes being thrown around. Perhaps, it'll get more interesting in the next couple of days..

BUIZILLA
11-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Let me straighten out MY part... I want to make myself perfectly clear. I do NOT, and will not, tolerate people putting words in MY mouth.

1) I bought the standard white Criterion, from an honest and straight seller. PERIOD. No hanky panky. Done deal. I am very happy. I paid a fair price. I intend to make it a museum quality boat. It is NOT for resale. The seller knows that. I called FIRST, I was given FIRST refusal pending receipt of pictures, I honored my word to the seller, before the pictures arrived yesterday afternoon, the seller honored his word to me. PERIOD. NO GAMES. I publically thank AnotherScott for his help, it wouldn't have happened without him. Scott Pearson knows there are other boats out there for sale, I am a FAMILY man, I wanted a white 5 seater, not a red 2 seater. Pearson will be picking this boat up for me, and storing it for a few days. I trust him EMPHATICALLY.

2) I did NOT call Dauley 3 times last night on the 22nd, as he stated above. He called ME about 4:30 yesterday afternoon on the 22nd to congratulate me, and I thanked him for that. I have a pic of my caller I.D. for proof if necessary :rolleyes:

3) I did call him Friday night twice on the 21st, first to ask why he was trying to backdoor me (I personally felt that was a motive), after I had emailed Dauley early Friday morning (9:32am) that I was going to buy the boat. Dauley emailed me late Thursday night asking if I was going to buy it, as did Cuda, I replied to both right away that I was going to buy it. I did this to both on Friday MORNING. I have copies of all emails accordingly, dated, logged, and timed as they happened. Dauley then called the seller sometime later Friday, trying to bump the price $1000 to sell it to him,(the seller and his wife both told me this themselve's yesterday morning, which pissed the seller off, the seller is straightup) and Dauley then posted on THIS board he offered $4000 more than the price stated, thats when I called Dauley Friday night, questioning his motives. Those are COLD facts folks... The seller knows NOTHING of a $4000 bump posted herein. The seller and I are tight now, we both are straight businessmen, and it's a signed, done deal. He WANTED the boat to go to me, those are the sellers EXACT words. PERIOD. I did call Dauley right back after we talked Friday night, telling him if I didn't buy it, I would call him. I emailed Cuda Friday, also telling him I would do the same for him. There were TWO calls from me Friday evening to Dauley, NOT three. That's fact. I have a phone call log, and I have caller I.D. log as well... I am straight up in business, I don't play games.

3) Scott Pearson is a true gem in my eyes. Never met him personally, but if he says pink elephants are crossing the road, I won't bother looking, i'll only ask how many... If he says he saw a red boat, then he saw a red boat. He, and the seller, both told me 2 other boats are out there in the area. In fact, the seller told me where Pearson's blue C11 went too, and YES, I made copious notes for Pearson.. I intend to quietly track it down as a personal favor for Pearson. The seller indepth described another one like the one I bought from him, he knows it well, and it was $6k cheaper, it's 6 miles from the white boat. It's a clone to McGary's. I wanted this one. I paid the full price. I got what I wanted. There are, in fact, more Crit's out there for sale...

4) It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the red C11 boat goes back undercover like the red MadDog boat did. The red MadDog boat existed from nowhere right? Look what happened with that deal, the SELLER backed out, after Poodle stated to him he would buy it, and WAS sending $$$ that day... What's not to believe this red C11 boat doesn't exist? In fact, at this point, it should disappear... this ego posturing is ridiculous. It's a slam to our hobby.

I'm here to enjoy Donzi's, and make common friends, I'm NOT here to prey, and make profits from other board members... people herein doing that should be evicted from this Registry, IMO.

5) If Poodle says he's going to buy another boat, trust me friends, he doesn't need ANYBODY else's money to do it... he can buy/sell 98% of the people on this board. Dauley owes Poodle a PUBLIC apology for that comment. That comment sucked..

6) Dauley, just go buy the 6.2 Criterion, quit whining, and get on with life, you'll have your Criterion... it's the nicest boat out there. BTW, Isn't that you that has the $24,900 Minx for resale now in Lake Geneva, that you JUST bought??

For the record, *I* am the one who called Poodle in KW, and informed him to call Pearson right away, and thats before Tuxedo or Dauley ever got wind of the red boat... First come, first served. Poodle got the same first rights, as I did with the white boat. That's just good clean business. If the red boat comes south, i'll even store it for him.

I'm going to take delivery of my Criterion and enjoy it. In fact, it will be used in my daughter's wedding on Dec 20th. I hope Poodle gets his red C11 also. And I hope Pearson finds his old blue C11. Life is good. Then we'll have red, white and blue Crit's in Sunny South F-L-A. :cool: right back where they were born.

DAULEY
11-23-2003, 10:31 AM
1]no not my minx for sale in lake geneva
2[friday is when you called
3[ if i insulted anyone sorry
4[if the criterion 11 is out there why no return email with sellers phone#
5[all the boats i sell on this sight are good deals and under priced
6[if you want me off the registry let me know
7[ would you like some cheese with your wine.ha ha hope all have a nice holiday and god bless
BOB
8[i almost forgot if you rember when you were bidding on your minx so was i and i backed off

TuxedoPk
11-23-2003, 11:50 AM
J-

Congradulations on your new Criterion. May it bring you and your family many years of enjoyment.

Rich

Cuda
11-23-2003, 12:09 PM
I didn't realize there were two for sale up there. I saw that Jim had stated he wanted the boat, so I sent him an email to let me know if he decided not to buy it. As far as I was concerned, he had first dibs on it. He emailed me and told me he was getting it. I congratulated him and told him we needed to see pictures when he got it. There is no way I would even let the seller know that someone else may be interested in the boat, so as not to weaken Jim's position. Then I read that MP bought I Crit. That's when I got confused. I didn't know there were two. My comment on bogarting the Crit's was merely a freindly congratulation. I think MP has done more to promote the brotherhood of Donzi owners than anyone else on the board, and if anyone deserves to own two of those gems, it is Scott.

I hope to see a couple of these Criterions at Palatka. The way it looks right now, we may have to bring the fishboat, :( I'm so damn busy, I haven't done a thing to the Minx engine in over three weeks. The only reason I'm home now is that I have to go to my nephews wedding at 2 o'clock today, then back to work. I have three restaurants that have to be done by tomorrow. :(

Congratulations again to Scott and Jim, I'm sure there will be more boats for me to hunt, and besides, it's the joy of the hunt, not the thrill of the kill! :)

RedDog
11-23-2003, 04:35 PM
congratulations Buizilla and MP - need pics and a ride!

BUIZILLA
11-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanx RD, i'm having a hard time now figuring which boat to take to my lakehouse on CenterHill Lake next spring.

Tux and Cuda, thanx go to you, and everyone else that supported/helped me as well.

Life is good.

J

RedDog
11-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Bring the Criterion; and let me know when you are going. Center Hill is about 2 hours west and was probably the first lake I ever went to. Beautiful place. Can you say CHDOC - Center Hill Donzi Owner's Club?

Islander
11-23-2003, 07:39 PM
Jim,
This is too cool to believe. Next time I go out for a run with you and Scot, I'll have my choice of which Criterion to get towed in by. :)

Congrats.

Manny

oldLenny
11-23-2003, 09:21 PM
very !!!!!!,... nice finds. Congrats you two.

Jealous, 3000 miles Northwest.

Scott Pearson
11-25-2003, 05:11 AM
Ok...my input on this one.

Tuxedopk,

You emailed me but I never responded because Scott B. had already bought the boat.

You did call me on Saturday at 2:00 and I told you to call back in about an hour because i was in the middle of loading a truck. Once again we never talked about any Criterion. You did call back and leave a message but, Like I said the boat was already sold to Scott B. Also Scott B. made it very clear that he bought the Red boat on my post.

Just wanted to clear things up a little :D

Thanks!
(NJ)Scott

TuxedoPk
11-25-2003, 08:19 AM
ScottP- Thanks for your input; I had already sent ScottB a private email congradulating him.

bverd
11-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Madpoodle... need delivery help again?

--bverd

BUIZILLA
11-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Brad, we may need your help more than you know.. call me or Poodle.

Jim

Dr. Dan
11-25-2003, 04:29 PM
:D Depending on timing...I might be able to assist, where needed in between the Northern Tundra and Bradleys...let me know Brad & Co.

:p Doc of Carpet Transport...sometimes.. wink

Greg K
11-25-2003, 04:34 PM
I just want to see pictures like Pearson promised.. :D

Sagbay32
11-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Is this boat still available?

Trying to be the mascot again
Mike

BUIZILLA
11-25-2003, 04:37 PM
ewwweeeeeeee

Pearson, Dan, & Brad.. I would like to get the Criterion to Palatka by next Thursday night, or Friday morning. I want to use it there next weekend. I'd be happy to pay any expenses. Magoo has offered graciously as well, but we need to find him a return trip to help with $$$. Poodle and I are contemplating amongst ourselves as well.

How can this happen??

J

Dr. Dan
11-25-2003, 08:41 PM
:cool: Super Secret Transport Email Dispatched @ 21:34 Hours Captain! :cool:

"So Let It Written......So Let It Be Done"
Pharoh Dude

"I'm a Doctor Jim ...not a miracle worker!"
Dr. McCoy - Startrack
:cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :D