PDA

View Full Version : 30th edition 18" classic

BLACKIE
05-20-2003, 05:11 PM
I found an add in the local paper for a 30th edition Donzi for sale. This was the ad I spoke of on the earlier thread for a 30th edition Donzi.
I contacted the guy with the boat. This is a different boat from the one in the earlier thread. That one is a 16". The one from this ad is an 18". Here's the dope on the 18".

Original owner is selling it. It's a 1996 model has been used only a few times in fresh water.
30th anniversary edition, red in color with 30th anniversry decals on the sides.
mahogany steering wheel, embroidered carpet.
Captains choice option
Stereo still in the box from the factory, Donzi never installed it but provided it with the boat.
LT6 engine, 350 hp, bravo drive.
Silent choice exhaust, stainless tips.
eagle bunk trailer with chrome wheels & spare tire

Owner claims its one of only 6 built by Donzi. He claims he hit 80 mph and still had throttle left.

He has all invoice & service records for it, professionally maintained & fogged for storage. It's stored in a heated garage. He said immediately upon his obtaining it he had 3 additional coats of clear coat applied to the hull. He said it is in perfect, flawless condition. There are no scuffs, scratches or any blemishes on the boat at all.

He said he paid $40,000 for the whole package. He wants to sell it for any reasonable offer around $30,000.

That's about all I can remember of what he said. He lives in northern Oakland county, Michigan. That's about 15 - 20 miles from me and about 30 miles north of Detroit. His phone number is
248-318-8245

Hope this helps someone.

Rootsy
05-20-2003, 05:50 PM
there is an 30th anniversary 18 on wamplers lake near me... sits on the lift.. becoming faded quickly, i never have seen it used or moved... it is a real shame. they are definitely a nice departure from the every day classic scheme. i do not know what it has for power but i don't remember merc offering a sbc in that hp range in 96... but then again i could very well be wrong... but as far as the 80 claim... 350 pshp and a bravo... HIGHLY doubtful, MAYBE 75-76 tops with an experienced driver and the right prop setup... more likely 72-74 average with that setup though...

goatee
05-20-2003, 11:27 PM
it's still enough to make you wish you were rich!
still donzi dreaming frown