For Sale: 1984 22' 8" Donzi Criterion II

Includes:
330 hp Mercruiser
Trailer included
AM/FM Stereo Cassette
Electro-Hydraulic Hatch Opener
Cock-Pit Cover
Total Boat Cover

I've owned boat for 13 years. Has been in storage for last 2 years.

Boat is sold AS IS - no warranties.

Asking price: $13,900

Please e-mail with any questions. btyler@s4online.com

If you would like to see pictures, please go to:
http://msubat.tripod.com/

Greg K
07-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Ditto

BLACKIE
07-24-2003, 08:26 PM
You got more mail. I'm in the Detroit area and very interested.

Sagbay32
07-24-2003, 09:19 PM
It is on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31271&item=2425246421) now.

Mike

*Spoke with owner on phone, graphix are painted, will view early next week.

Sagbay32
07-26-2003, 09:06 PM
MadPoodle says he has sent a deposit to the owner and has scheduled an inspection for monday.

We will see what happens.

Mike

Greg K
07-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Got an e-mail minutes ago from the owner, the boat is no longer for sale.

olredalert
07-28-2003, 01:12 PM
-------I just got the same message.Two lawyers owned this boat and that never sat very well with me.With as much interest as he had in the boat right here on the forum,he then proceeded to put the boat on E-bay as well.That did not give me any warm and fuzzies either.
-------I stepped out when I heard MP was serious,but that doesnt make this any better.A Detroiter has given one of our best the run-around.Hope it doesnt reflect on any of the rest of us Motowners,Scott!..............Bill S

boldts
07-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Bill, every Motowner I've had the pleasure of meeting with a Donzi, has always been first class.

I just hope it was a solid deal and the boat now belongs to someone on the board. I'd like to see it in person sometime. Amazing how quiet the chat board was the night this boat appeared here in the Registry. I think everyone from MI was looking at the boat and fending off the Mad Poodle. I know Scott Baxter has been looking and wanting one of these for a long time. It wouldn't disappoint me it has a new home in Miami.

BLACKIE
07-28-2003, 06:32 PM
I too was interested in this boat. the owner(s) did not respond to my email. If they were lawyers I guess I should have expected that treatment. What's the story with this one. Did the poodle get it? or was is just lawyers blowing smoke up all our butts again. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Sagbay32
07-28-2003, 08:36 PM
One of the Owners decided to buy out the other and keep her for himself......for now. wink

Mike

Ed Donnelly
07-29-2003, 06:33 AM
I E-mailed him Sunday night asking for the Ser.# and if in fact it was a Criterion 11. I was sure it was an S.S. I had a friend very interested in it. I really backed off when I found out MadPoodle was serious about it. Got an E-mail from him Monday at 9.00 A.M. inviting me to come and inspect it. He stated he was not too sure how the FRONT HATCH opened, as it had been in storage for the last 2 yrs.If you have owned a boat for 13 yrs. how the hell can you forget something like that. Even Lawyers are not that stupid...Ed

BUIZILLA
07-29-2003, 07:39 AM
Okay...MY point of view..

Now people, i'm getting really confused here, and i'm a little bit irritated, at this point.

Seller double lists the boat on DR and eBay, which means, to me, *boat seriously for sale*

Seller then specifically says to Poodle *come inspect it, your FIRST in line now, it's yours*...

Poodle, in good faith, coordinates overnighting deposit, in good faith, Poodle so states to seller, REPEATEDLY, in DIRECT phone conversations *the boat is mine, i'll pay your FULL asking price, i'm sending funds*... seller states *don't worry, the boat is yours*..to ME, this is a *done deal* between party's.

Buizilla, in good faith, guarantee's purchase to Poodle at 11:45am Friday, goes on Bahamas cruise for 3 days... I am 100% convinced boat is coming to Miami for life..(at this point, I am 50% in the deal, my exact words to Poodle were.. *since I missed the last one, this one WASN'T getting away> No matter what, DO the deal while i'm gone*)

Poodle, in good faith, sets up inspection and closing process for Monday...

Poodle, in good faith, publically puts 2 boats up for sale over the weekend to appease the better half, knowing FULL WELL, he has a deal going to close on the Criterion on Monday, based on sellers word on Friday. Poodle decides he wants the boat 100% for him and Heidi (for the record, I have ZERO problem with that btw) Poodle gets immediate FIRM offer on F14, and another STRONG offer on the 22C. He's covered to close the deal, no matter what.

Seller then communicates to Ed at 9am Monday, *come and see it*... why would seller do that, knowing FULL WELL he and Poodle had a deal going already for that very night ??? How many more people did seller tell this story to, or promise the boat to??

At some point Monday, seller states to Poodle, *boat can't be inspected Monday, he's busy, go ahead and set it up for Tuesday.* Poodle does exactly that.

Greg posts at 12:52pm Monday that seller has remorse, and seller now gives boat to his 1/2 partner shortly after noon Monday...

At some point, not sure EXACTLY when, the eBay ad is suddenly cancelled..

Deal gone sour..

J

smelling a dead fish somewhere :mad:

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-29-2003, 10:05 AM
And what has become of Poodle's deposit??? :confused:

FR :p

olredalert
07-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Jim,

-------Thats not the half of it.He promised me,as well,that I was first in line on the boat.I was to see it at 2:30 Tuesday aft.I would have had to jump thru hoops for the money as well and had started to do that when I realized the depth of MPs interest.Had I not realized that and gone ahead and sold some stock to facilitate the deal,I would be on their case big-time right now.The fish is getting stinkier by the hour!!!!!!!!..........Bill S

Mark Albers
07-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Criterion Crunchers wink

My take on the the sellers

2 guys (professional you know what)own a boat probably as a business deal
They decide they dont want it anymore
So seller #1 puts the word out
The piranhas come hungry
(kind of what happens to the average girl in high school who gets a lot of offers for Prom)
Seller 2 thinks he has a hidden treasure
He tells seller 1 to see how hungry are the piranhas
They begin to argue about their partnership

So everything is limbo

I would bet you will see the Criterion pop up again

Keep the faith

Try putting a wanted ad in a national rag

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

harbormaster
07-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Guys deal with it. Until a money is exchanged it is ALWAYS the sellers right to stop the deal.

Keep it up and NO ONE will post a boat for sale because of the risk of being beat up verbally on the board.

catch 22
08-01-2003, 05:24 AM
YES You will see this boat again but not at that price. frown