http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF2B2.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF2BE.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF2C9.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF2D8.jpg
Hull Number C-21-16
Outdrives Port 2506451-B, Stbd 2508004-B
Engines Port E9 HM-4226-E Stbd E9 HM-4176-D

Price Reduced $16000 OBO
Just Completed Deck off refurb. New aluminum fuel tanks. 40 gal, and 60gal. Motors refreshed with only sea trial time. Dynoed 349hp and 352hp at 5200 RPM. Flat top forged pistons,stainless valves, ported heads, Stock crank and rods, ARP rod and head bolts, balanced blueprinted, Competition roller cams. Custom Hamburger oil pans. Motors built with dependability, reasonable fuel and stock look in mind.Holley 750 CFM carbs. Outdrives working well with new bushings. Hynautic internal power steering. New interior all marine grade stainless staples as original. Original gauges. Transom rebuilt and engine compartment painted. Exterior painted in original colors. All glass, paint, and interior work professionally done in Destin Florida New winsdshield. I could go on and on. It's been a fun project and it's time to move on. Boat runs out true. Don't have any speeds, no speedo or GPS. Only have 18P props on right now for break in. Have about 2 hrs on boat to sort. Trailer is original and road worthy. Asking $16,000 or best offer. E-Mail ricar116@hotmail.com Day phone (417)276-5191, Evening (417)777-5188

1996Z15
10-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Man, considering the work that obviously went into that boat, that price is a steal!

My Toy
10-02-2003, 07:03 PM
That is a great looking boat! Nice job on the restoration.

Rick
10-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Appreciate it guys. Able to take it out twice in as many months. Rick

RearGuard
10-03-2003, 11:10 AM
I see MO tags on the boat. Where do you run her? Man, I gotta find a bank with too much money! I can see her runnin' on Table Rock right now.

oldLenny
10-03-2003, 11:17 AM
Rick, the windshield plexi-glass work, did you have the frame already or is it new too? and did the seats get recovered or did this interior come from Bilt-Rite...???

boldts
10-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Rick, I can't believe this GT is for sale. I've wanted it since first seeing the boat for sale in BoatTrader a number of years ago. However, with the purchase of a 22 Classic, there is no way I can obtain the dollars needed to purchase her from you. You did a fantastic job with the restoration. I love that Donzi more and more every time I look at the pictures. With the twins, I might even like it better than a Crit. Did I actually say that? Good luck with the sale. Maybe it will come back to me again sometime. frown

Rick
10-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Rear Guard, Had it on Table Rock 10 years ago. Lake of the Ozarks befor that. It's now about 80 miles north of Tablerock on Stockton Lake.

Lenny, Seats were rebuilt and re-upholstered using the original wood as the patterns. The white with blue piping was original. The upholstery was done by Denai in Destin Fl. He does good work. Has done a couple of fishing boats for us. The windshield frame is original. The plexi is new.

Scott, Thank you. I thought I would start boating again this year, but I spend too much time sports car racing to use her. Plus my wife and two boys really need an open bow boat.(Don't block me from the board for that :) )

Thanks Rick

OCTANE
11-08-2003, 04:29 PM
My, My, My.........What a piece of art. The next time you are on the 4 mile marker of the Lake of the Ozarks, wind that s.o.b out for me, and let me take in a little piece of Heaven.
Very Well Done! Good luck on the sell!

Rick
11-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Will Do! Rick

Hanker
11-14-2003, 08:02 AM
My god that's a beautiful boat! That cockpit is awsome! I have got to make more money! hhuuummmm, kids college fund...........

(remember the program, when you have the urge to sell everything to fund your desires, that's not a good sign)

(Oh yeah) Hi, my name is Rob and I'm a Donziholic....... :(

I just hope someone in Miami buys it so I can see it from time to time. BUIZILLA this boat would look great on you! Poodle? twins man! Look at the dash! You just sold the 22, and this is a 21, that's still a reduction!

Whoever ends up with this boat will really have a special boat.

BUIZILLA
11-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Rob, my next boat will be in the 26-28 range...

gotta sell a couple cars, and the 4Winns first...

J

boldts
11-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Rob, My sentiments exactly except I'm praying the boat stays here in the Midwest. I'd love to see this GT at the next "Awakening of the Horses" Only problem with that would be my wife would never get me back to the room because I'd be sitting on the dock with my tongue hanging down to the cement! eek! Ask my wife how long I've sat at the computer just looking at these pictures! Donzitous for sure.....

Lets see, If I refinance the car loans, home loan, 22 Classic loan and then claim Chapter 7, this might be possible. Just kidding folks. Who-ever is able to buy this GT is going to have a one-of-a-kind Donzi.

BUIZILLA
11-14-2003, 12:15 PM
It would be a shame to dunk that restored boat in salt water... :confused:

J

boldts
11-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Scott - Back away from your computer.... Unplug and go out to take a look at the Criterion! See that wasn't so hard.

No nasty salt water on this beautiful restoration! It has an adverse effect on the electrical Volvo drive tilt. I know from experience.

Hummmm.... Maybe I should play the lottery this weekend. I know someone up there looks over us who have been good down here. I've been on my best behavior lately! :D

Cuda
11-28-2003, 02:39 PM
MadPoodle:
Somebody needs to buy this boat.. This could cost me a marriage...
Boats are more fun anyway, and the boat is only cranky half the time! :o :) :D

LKSD
12-01-2003, 09:16 AM
AWSEOME JOB!!

DonziBuoy
12-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Has this boat sold yet? My wife would kill me, but what a way to go! I am looking to sell my boat (OK I am a traitor to this post, but I did start out with a Donzi this year) have a 27 Formula, Fastech, 502 - can handle the slop at Lake of the Ozarks at 65 MPH) but if I sell, I would be very interested in this beauty.
just for the heck of it - how fast is she? That is a lot of HP for such a small boat.

Donzibuoy

Rick
12-10-2003, 03:43 PM
The boat is still available. The boat does not have a speedo and I don't have a GPS, the boat has a lot of juice. The boat is north of Springfield about 20 miles in a heated building. If you are in the neighborhood give me a call. Rick

MURPH
12-11-2003, 04:44 PM
NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A BOAT! FINE JOB RICK. GOOD LUCK SELLING.

Kent Perroux
12-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Very nice!

Mike Ellison
12-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Nice boat Rick!!!

thriller
01-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Rick
Lenny thought your boat might still br For Sale. Looks like a Road Trip as I live on the West Coast.

Rick
01-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Thriller,

The boat is still available.

Rick

goatee
01-27-2004, 07:31 PM
i want this boat so bad i can taste it! only problem,,, left steering. and i know why now i dont like it. i'm right handed, steer car with left, use power with right. (shift ect.) hold bow (steer) with left, pull string (power) with right. otherwise i would SOOO be buying this boat!!!

Lenny
01-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Rick, Thriller bought a '95/96 22 Blackhawk with 26 hours on it. :(

Had to update you.

thriller
01-29-2004, 03:56 AM
In all my excitement I should of gone back and checked the post. my apologies Rick and good Luck with the Sale. That's one fine boat and I'm sure it will make it's new owner very happy indeed.:)

Rick
01-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Thriller,
Congrats on the Blackhawk. They are awesome!
Rick

Rick
03-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Deal fell through. Boat is still available. Rick

Scott Heidt
03-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Man what a awesome looking boat. I hope I get to see it in person some day.

:odie:

JimG205
03-25-2004, 01:58 PM
VERY NICE DONZI !!!!

Hey Poodle-This would probably take a complete interior redo-Kitchen,bath,bedroom furniture,windows,landscaping ?????,are you hearing me?? Regards,Jim :jestera:

DonziBuoy
03-28-2004, 08:18 PM
This beauty has not sold yet? Thank you God. I wish someone would buy my boat so I would have money, I guess I will just work harder to make more money - Rick, I have not been to Springfield since late summer. Will have to make a road trip soon - Do you take it on table Rock? I am very interested - still.

Let me know,
Jim

goatee
03-28-2004, 09:29 PM
you guys are going to have to stop posting on this thread, and bringing it to the top. i see it and think "crap! someone bought it" then i feel like this :puke:

Rick
03-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Jim get that boat sold and keep this one in Missouri. Let me know when you want to see her. I am always at 1-800-346-5745 (weekdays). I may have to put her on boat trader online if I don't get any more responses from the board. I think our weather is finally changing. Hope to take her out in the next couple of weeks.
Rick

DonziBuoy
03-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Rick,

I have my boat on the "other boats" great price - we need spring to hurry up and get here - WIll call you as I am coming down for Easter (if you are available).

HOw does the boat handle the Lake of the Ozarks ?? - my 18 classic was no fun on the weekends during the summer.

You can email me at jimw@Internet-press.net.

Lenny
03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Rick, NO, I don't want to (read that,..can't afford :rolleyes: ) buy your boat,..BUT, do you know of some way I can get a "copy" of your windshield done, there or close by, by a reputable manufacturer, that can ship it to Canada for me to install on my GT ???

...just curious

I have talked to TaylorMade et all, I need to get my boat THERE to have it copied as best as can be...problem is, I don't want to spend 5K$ towing and delivering it to somewhere there only to tow home again. I don't like the "offerings" locally..This place is too small to do this job right.

Rick
04-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Jim I sent you an E-mail. The GT's do well in rough water. Lenny I took my old widshield out and had one cut out of Lexan, you could even use plexiglass. Use your other one for the pattern. The curve is not compound it only bows one way. The material is thin enoughit will follow the curve if the frame. I don't think the originals were glass, if they were I think they would be dangerous. There are nuts on studs on the bottom of the frame (you will have to get under the deck). Take those out the windshield frame will come off in three pieces. The two wings and the main glass. The wings slide into a channel on the main frame. (two person job) A windshield repair place should be able to change out the wind screens. The GT's frames were prone to being bent by people leaning on them or grabbing them. The archives have a good picture of a GT in a sales brochure. You can see the curviture of the top frame. Mine was pretty straight, I reformed it on the boat after the windshield was installed to match the picture. You should be able to replace the wind screen for a couple of hundred bucks. Just don't tear up the rubber around the glass. Good luck :shades:
Rick

nickman29
05-19-2004, 07:13 PM
wow that is one awsome looking boat. i am starting to work on my own GT21. Hopefully mine will look like that one day, just without the second engine. Did that boat come with dual engines originally?

Rick
05-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Nickman,
Good luck on the GT. To answer your question yes it is an original twin. Supposedly there ware less than four ever produced. I personally have only heard of one other. It has the original motors motors (freshened) and outdrives. I just got a pair of pertronic ignitions to remove the points from the distributors. Ahhh electronic ignition. Thanks for the comments. If I can be of any help with your GT let me know. This board is a wealth of information.
Rick

Rick
06-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Price Reduced $16000 OBO
Rick :cool:

Rick
06-25-2004, 10:45 PM
She is sold and heading west.
Rick

EricG
06-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Congrats on Selling her Rick...If she's headed out this way, I sure hope it's to somewhere like California - if I ever run into that boat it will break my heart....

-EG

DonziBuoy
07-04-2004, 10:05 AM
RIck,

If my boat had sold I would have been down there to buy yours, Damn!!

Sorry never got to see it up close.
Best of luck,
Jim :bawling:

Fish boy
07-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Congrats Rick although I am sure it was a sad day to see her leave. I hope it went to a good home. Definitley one of the nicest donzi anywhere.

Fish