PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Donzi 18 2+3 Barrelback W/Triple Engine Hatch

GeneD
09-29-2003, 02:30 PM
007 FOR SALE:
1966 Donzi 18 2+3 Classic
*Triple Hatch*

This is the same boat that Mike Aronow proclaimed as a 1966 Prototype and has been shown in three magazines and has been featured as a Donzi Registry T-shirt.
24 degree deadrise hull that goes all the way to the transom, excellent rough water boat.
Upholstery by Bilt Rite, in good condition
The brightwork has been re-chromed
The gimbal assy has been re-built has the world’s most expensive paint job (Imron by Offshore Solutions)
New trailer tires and rims
New trailer lights
Bilge re-done in white gel-coat and red splatter coat and white fiberglass diamond plate
New power steering unit
Rebuilt trim assy
Grey touneau cover with red strip down middle
4" Stainless steel thru hull exhaust

Mercruiser engine:
1973 400 block
1969-70 491 1.98 heads, gasket matched and ported, bathtub chambers and large diameter exhaust valve stems (sodium filled)
Mercruiser 270 camshaft
Clevite 77 cam bearings
TRW lifters
TRW hardened steel pushrods
Summit Racing 1.6 rockers w/slotted rocker balls and new nuts
Hardened steel screw-in rocker studs
TRW hi-volume oil pump
Aluminum 8 qt. oil pan
Exhaust manifolds practically new, take-offs from a Sea Ray test motor with less than 8 hours
SST risers
Keith Black hypereutectic pistons (.030) single valve relief groove
Stock 400 rods, re-sized/reconditioned
New ARP rod bolts
Crankshaft cut .010 mains, .010 rods w/Clevite 77 bearings
Double roller timing chain (I forget manufacturer) & upper and lower timing gears
Stock Q-jet with flame arrestor
Thunderbolt IV electronic ignition with new wires and plugs.
New belts
The engine was boiled and bored out .030 over and decked for .038 deck height with the Fel-Pro stainless steel gaskets ($35 ea.).
Crank was checked for balance.
Special 400 flywheel
Marine stainless steel and bronze water pump
High-torque starter
New fuel pump and lines.
The cam has been retarded 4 degrees, the motor has a nice lope to it.
The heads have all been re-done...spring height set, valve job, boiled, clean-up mill, valves sealed up tight with umbrellas, hardened steel inserts on the exhaust valves, new cast iron valve guides.
Most of the engine hardware has been replaced with stainless steel.
**There is not one single water jacket on this engine that has ever seen salt water, with the exception of the stainless steel risers.**
It's awesome and it's got a lot of torque. I asked the machinist if I would get 300 HP out of it and he laughed. He said I would get minimum of 350 HP and probably more.
It's been painted with Merc Phantom Black.
It has only been run on the shop floor, it's filled with 9 quarts of Valvoline 30HP.
Price: Boat w/engine and all accessories - $$ Best reasonable offer
Engine Price: $$ Best reasonable offer
(727) 544-1617 Gene home

Boat needs completion and some fiberglass work on port side deck and port side transom deck. Have all parts, assemble and go. With Alpha SS should be up around 80 MPH. This boat can be seen in the Registry, it doesn't look much different now then it did then, except now it has lifting rings.

Pictures: http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=89

-

yesyoucan
09-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Do I understand correctly that you would sell hull only with accessories.I could not find pictures.Please email details and pictures to
markweinberger@knology.net
I am planning to be in Fla. soon,could look.

GeneD
09-29-2003, 10:50 PM
No.
A boat with no motor I can deal with, but an engine with no boat will sink rather quickly. eek!
If the right offer came to buy the hull, maybe. wink
See edited post above for picture link.
Note: No drive, Rootsy bought it during one of my desperate times!

Rootsy
09-30-2003, 08:14 AM
and i am taking good care if it gene :D ...