PDA

View Full Version : How to sell your DONZI!

tailwind
09-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Although late September through say early March or late April is not historically not the best time to advertise your boat for sale, we do realize many intentions, perhaps moving up, and others etc. Here in the deep south, we do boat year round, so prices are generally not seriously affected. Having said this, I will and can assure you that anyone interested in your boat will obviously require the most detailed pictures that you can provide, in order to confirm their decision. How? Buy or borrow a good digital camera capable of the following: say 200 by 300 pixles for a thumbnail photo, and 600x800 for a more defined photo.

Take as many photos, in able to adequately show every aspect or any question that will be posed buy the buyer. The more photos the better.

Next: if you have either a dial up account or dsl, you will have an area to upload these photos!

You are paying for your space, so use it! Upload the photos to your account, using cute ftp. cute ftp is freeware and will expire if you use it continuosly. Your service provider willl perhaps provide you with other compatible software.

Next: Build your photo site using perhaps "spiderwriter". Or perhaps another microsoft application.

Now when you have a possible inquiry for your boat, you can indeed point them to your site url, for which they can select their own photos! pretty cool heh?

For instance, I was able to sell my "In State Magic Carpet" in 3 weeks! http://observa-dome.com/Bonanza.html

Hope this helps,
Randy