PDA

View Full Version : Condition of 1973 16' O/B

TuxedoPk
04-09-2003, 04:45 PM
I've got more of the details on the 1973 O/B that I am supposed to be surveying and purchasing this weekend. This is the same 16 O/B w/o engine from the engine size thread.

The boat has Bennett trim tabs, hydrolic steering, hyrdrolic lines and cylinder, boat cover, 5 star trailer w/16 or 24 rollers, no stereo.

The boat was redone in 1998. Seats were replaced, but the drivers seat as a 1-2" tear.

The finish was taken down to pure glass, primed with vreo polyester and sprayed with Imron.

The 30-40? gallon fuel tank is the original aluminum tank, supposedly in good condition. The transom was represented to be in good condition.

When the engine was pulled, they also pulled the guages, so they will need to be replaced.

Before going thru the expense of having the boat surveyed, does this send up any red flags? I'd like to hear opinions on what this is worth?

TuxedoPk
04-09-2003, 06:35 PM
I just spoke to a prior owner of the boat and heard his comments..

When he last saw the boat, he said the original rub rails had been replaced, the chrome scoop vents were redone as gel coated fiber, and where rectangular vs. clam shaped.

I put a picture of the boat on my web site. The URL is www.trackon.edu/donzi.htm (http://www.trackon.edu/donzi.htm)