PDA

View Full Version : Please show courtesy...

harbormaster
12-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Please show courtesy when other people post a classified boat ad.

1)If you think it is overpriced then YOU do not have to buy it eek! .

2)If you don't like something about the boat then YOU do not have to buy it eek! .

But PLEASE don't post your opinions about the boats for sale. If you guys start picking the boats for sale apart then boats will not get posted because folks will not want the abuse. Its hurtseveryone because a really good deal might never get posted. From now on ALL non-buyer replies/posts will be deleted. Have a fair question? No problem. Post it. All others will be deleted. Thanks for your consideration on this.

Cuda
12-15-2002, 09:18 PM
Well said!

Budmann
12-18-2002, 09:49 AM
Couldn't agree more!!

Red 22
12-19-2002, 07:22 AM
Buddman, Quote....."hey Goose.....she's lost that loving feeling"...sound familiar??
Your nose is brown.. :rolleyes:

Budmann
12-19-2002, 10:26 AM
O.K, But in no way was I slamming the boat. Just having alittle fun with the name. Its still the finest boat ever made. If I hurt anyones feeling I do appoligize. That was not my intent.

AVickers
12-20-2002, 11:06 AM
I may get dinked for this, but as an uninformed consumer, I got dinked on a boat a couple of years ago...

Had this boat (or one like it) been for sale on this site, a look at some discussion about it and how it was set up (warts and all) might have allowed me to make a better decision -- or negotiate harder at the price...

More to the point, I bought an '87 C22 w/ a BB Chevy Mag and an Alpha HD Drive. The boat was beautiful and in great shape and had a "newly rebuilt" drive. At the time, having a "newly rebuilt" drive was a selling point. Now, knowing more about this setup, I know why the drive was "newly rebuilt..." (I have also learned that my 10-year older C18 had a MUCH more sophisticated drive setup than that POS Alpha with it's dog-type shifter and ignition interrupter. Knowing now its limitations, I'm disappointed in MerCruiser for selling that package and I'm disappointed in Donzi for installing it. To their credit, MerCruiser "fixed" it after only three years of production by discontinuing the setup for the 1990 model year. Donzi, on the other hand, moved to OMC w/ BB Ford Power -- 'nuff said.)

Had I known (via a discussion on the Board about a particular setup -- with some negative commentary) that this wasn't an ideal setup, I could have passed on the boat or negotiated harder on the price of the boat. This so that I could have budgeted to install a better drive setup myself.

Had I but known... But I do support the "buyer beware" philosophy and can't complain too much about my purchase.

I also buy in to the "once burned/twice shy" mentality -- and, all other things being equal, unless there's a 2 to 3 THOUSAND DOLLAR price differential, I wouldn't touch another '86 or '87 Donzi C22 with a stock setup. Although a seller of an '86 or '87 C22 wouldn't appreciate the weakness of their particular boat being discussed, I think a prospective buyer might...

I thought the point of this board was to inform each other...and have a bit of camaraderie and humor thrown in to boot.

As for the cosmetic treatment of any boat -- I'd say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder..." and that we ought to "let sleeping dogs lie..."

Cuda
12-20-2002, 12:46 PM
It's my opinion that discussions such as the merits or drawbacks of the Alpha/BBC combo belong more in the general discusion area than in someones ad to sell a boat.

harbormaster
12-21-2002, 12:05 AM
Sorry Al, but I agree with Cuda.

Interested in a boat but need feedback?
Take it to the performance boat talk area.
you discuss it there as long as you do not tear doen someone else's boat.