PDA

View Full Version : 1978 el pescador

sparepartz
06-10-2003, 01:10 AM
saw 1978 el p for sale in south florida boat trader. says:"hull great shape,need to be comp. rigged" $7500 seems steep. but these are super cool rare donzis. rode in one with 2 350 chevys with gale banks turbos,wish my dad didnt pass on that one years ago. would love to have it but need to get my 67 st tropez running first,its a big enough project.

BUIZILLA
06-10-2003, 06:53 AM
This boat is missing the console, and one or two floor hatches. Trailer is marginal.

J

Dredgeking
06-10-2003, 09:55 AM
please post some pics.

olredalert
06-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Hey Sparepartz,

-------I have never heard about that twin with turbos.Tell us about it.What drives,etc?Im sort of aching to find out how a 24 feels at 70 or more.The boat feels real solid at 63/64..........Bill S

sparepartz
06-10-2003, 10:56 PM
that el pesc that i rode in was 1988 or so. i think it was in lauderdale, it was at a marina,never met the owner. it was dark blue with white deck and if i remember it had some kind if racing numbers,up by the bow. the 280 drives were all modified out,with trim rams like a merc,nose cones and chopper props. also huge ass k-planes. those motors were stuffed into the motor box,not a lot of room. It was way fast and scary to drive,the turbos kicked in at 4k and you could feel it. my dad was really looking for a fish boat and that el p was way too high strung, it also sat super low in the stern. he was looking to replace his 66' st tropez that he sold to a guy in s.c.?? it was yellow with white deck and bottom and was a really,really nice donzi, he regrets selling it to this day, i think the same guy still ownes it. now I have a 67' but mine is in need of help, but it WILL live someday...