PDA

View Full Version : broke the boat again!

fasttrucker
09-14-2002, 02:41 PM
went out today the trans/prop hub? is slipping.i think? :rolleyes: anyway the boat gets on a plane ok then it does not go,faster,like the prop hub is spining. :( had to come in early,son has a birthday party. smileybo twin boys in his karate class,first graders.so i talked to mech. he will work on it next week,tomorow we are getting big storm.lots of rain forcasted.oh well. :confused:

MOP
09-14-2002, 04:41 PM
Kind of odd they usualy slip real bad trying to get on plane. Is the RPM going way up? if not it may be another Gremlin! cussball

boldts
09-14-2002, 05:52 PM
Might be a dumb question, but did you place the drive in gear and try to spin the prop? It should spin freely one way depending which gear you use (Forward or Reverse) and you should not be able to turn it the other way. Also, if you pull the prop off the drive, look at the bottom of the prop to see if there are pieces of rubber in there.

fasttrucker
09-14-2002, 08:26 PM
i might have caught it as it was going south.we went right back in.i dont know yet the problem,but tony will check it next week.thats what he gets paid to do. :rolleyes:

HP 600SC
09-14-2002, 09:01 PM
I hope for your sake I'm wrong but.....
sounds like the engine-to-drive coupling.
Ted M.

fasttrucker
09-15-2002, 07:18 AM
oh boy,iam thinking let it be the prop. :o when i get back next week ill post what tony finds. :confused: