PDA

View Full Version : Yeeee Haaaa!!!

Kent Perroux
12-02-2002, 09:40 AM
Tried a 23 pitch small diameter cleaver yesterday.
I it felt wayyyy too small as I was bumping up against the rev limiter (6000) when I tried to trim out. Since it was the wrong rotation I could not trim up good; a real balancing act. Then I looked at the speedo and it was just under the 75mph mark!!! Whoaaaa!

Time to tighen that steering up...

riverrat
12-02-2002, 09:56 PM
Kent, what boat, what motor & what drive with what gears?

thanks,sd

riverrat
12-02-2002, 10:04 PM
Hey Kent, just looked you up in the registry.. I'm lazy! are you still running the 280 drive?

pmreed
12-02-2002, 10:18 PM
Sounds great Kent. You ought to join us up at the Jungle Den in a couple of weeks to let us see your rebuilt beauty.

Phil

GEOO
12-03-2002, 07:34 AM
Kent,
Hey that cheek flapping speeds!!!
Glad to hear you have her running well. I've found the smaller diameters will help settle the boat, just need to get the rotation right.

Kent Perroux
12-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Riverrat -

1983 18 Classic,
Old style Bravo 1 Drive, mounted 16" x-dim
1.5:1 ratio
Blueprinted hull, (no hook or rocker)
slightly extended inside strakes.

350 ci chevy 9:1.

Adding to the menu this week
- External Steering
- Nose cone

GEOO
12-03-2002, 04:03 PM
Kent,
You were quiet for a while.
Wow, The Donzi bugs seams to be back in your blood again... It's not possible to excape. Once you're hooked you're done.. It's the best feeling when your hard work playing comes out with a good result..

Good Results.

Kent Perroux
12-04-2002, 07:40 AM
I have been pretty busy the last couple of years. I took a new position at work 2 years ago which involved a lot of internation travel while also going back to the University for an MBA (full time). Between work, classes and research, did not have a lot of time for Donzi-itus.

Last year I was going to sell the 18 because after riding in several race boats, the 18 just felt like a dog with the Volvo drive. Don't get me wring, 65 is quite a bit faster than all these inboard ski boats around here. After I burn't the engine up from running through a shallow canal last winter, I started changing all those things I always wanted to modify.

I really like the way the boat feels not with the mods I made, but I see more coming; especially now that I have the time.

Kent Perroux
12-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Chit Madpoodle. Already pulled the drive apart, disconnected the steering and was going to pull the engine to check my bearings. (I heard a small knock after a lot of hard running and would rather check now than later)

We'll see. If I am not ready to run again, I might tow it up for a look-see and a couple beers.