PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Web shop open

33 Daytona
12-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Yes, Donzi has finally opened there apperal shop online. I was so excited for this day but it was very disapointing! No alot to choose from and nothing all that fun. I think they need to ask us the boat owners what we want, or maybe they should just copy Cigarette. What does everyone else think?

McGary911
12-10-2003, 01:03 PM
I'll give them a chance, maybe there's more to come. (update! if you click on the top MENS, WOMENS, KIDS, ACC, there's a lot more stuff!) God knows we've been waiting long enough. I like the golf shirts HM had made up better than Donzi's, but i really like the jacket:
http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Site/store/html/mens/pud5516.jpg
Mom was just asking about Christmas ideas, maybe ill shoot her an email. Hopefully it they can deliver by the 25th?? wink

mikev
12-11-2003, 10:22 AM
cool I sent it to the wife for christmas list still need to find a sticker for the back of the truck. can I just call donzi or do any of you dealers have some lying around I want one with the big "Z" behind the name.

TheManBehindTheScene
12-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Copy Cigarrete, Dude what the hell are you talking about?
I did all my holiday shopping on the Z shop, just so I'd have more time to "Get in My Donzi And Smoke a Cigarrete"
Quote By Steve Simon
but N*E Ways I'v been waiting just like everyone else,and I'v also been assured that this is only the start, they put it out so we would have something for the christmas.

I'll take what I can get, to avoid that cheap looking crap from E-bay, Belive That!

boldts
12-11-2003, 12:48 PM
Anyone know what company does the website for Donzi? I was poking around the site and found a few issues I'd like to bring to their attention. Just don't want to do it publicly out of respect for them. Usually you get a link at the bottom to contact the website developer, but I didn't see one.

Can anyone tell me how big a kids hat is or if it is adjustable? The kids get a nice red hat where adults have only the tan one

smoothie
12-11-2003, 07:54 PM
TheManBehindTheScene:
Copy Cigarrete, Dude what the hell are you talking about?
I did all my holiday shopping on the Z shop, just so I'd have more time to "Get in My Donzi And Smoke a Cigarrete"
Quote By Steve Simon
but N*E Ways I'v been waiting just like everyone else,and I'v also been assured that this is only the start, they put it out so we would have something for the christmas.

I'll take what I can get, to avoid that cheap looking crap from E-bay, Belive That! Its spelled CIGARETTE and just a matter of time before they catch up to ya wink Maybe thats why they sport No.1 on the side eek! :D

terry
12-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Boldts, that would be Mike Miller of Alliance.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-11-2003, 08:47 PM
I want some of the Donzi Tennis shoes in the photo gallery...
It is a good start.
Bryan

33 Daytona
12-12-2003, 06:24 AM
TheManbehind...

RELAX! I'm talking about Cigarette's great and diverse line of stuff. i was hoping for more Donzi stuff and more to chose from other than 1 sweatshirts etc. but it sounds like there will more to come

integra
12-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Wow finally they arrived!!

Cigarette merchandise is the best for me, I hope Donzi will make as well! :)

Air 22
12-12-2003, 01:31 PM
The Black Donzi Racing Jacket is awsome...I used it the other day... 40Fdeg's cruzing at 45-50mph worked great. :D

Dr. Dan might be using his to dig out of all that snow...with more on the way... eek! We cleaned e'm out of clothing at the Ralley...its good stuff... wink

TheManBehindTheScene
12-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Smoothie,
Quote"
"Its spelled CIGARETTE and just a matter of time before they catch up to ya"

Actually it was a matter of time before the cigarette caught up to Team Donzi at the Alabama world championships, I belive it was as follows:
(Of course this was after they won the National Championship !!! the one that really counts!)
Lap 1 team donzi ahead by 25 Sec
Lap 2 37 Sec
Lap 3 55 Sec
lap 4 1 min 20 sec
Lap 5 1 min 45 sec
A minute & 45 are you kidding me!!!
It's Spelled S * M * O * K * E * D !!!
& that's HUGE emphasis on "BEFORE THEY CATCH UP!"
Once your two steps behind you tend to just copy success.

HP600SC I dont belive that mike takes care of it anymore.

Daytona,
I was not being vulger about it, but come on, you could always buy at e-bay, I hear they have a nice selection!

boldts
12-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Hey everyone. I received a very nice e-mail from Donzi Marine answering my question. I thought it would be appropriate to pass on the information to all of you. So, club presidents interested in updating your gathering information or anyone else with an ideal for the Donzi Marine website, here is the contact for you.

Mario Vazquez - mvazquez@donzimail.net
Sales/Marketing

Donzi Marine appreciates all our input and is listening. The website is being completely revamped so look for updates and if you find something not quite working correctly, please let Mario know about it.

smoothie
12-12-2003, 05:51 PM
TheManBehindTheScene:
Smoothie,
Quote"
"Its spelled CIGARETTE and just a matter of time before they catch up to ya"

Actually it was a matter of time before the cigarette caught up to Team Donzi at the Alabama world championships, I belive it was as follows:
(Of course this was after they won the National Championship !!! the one that really counts!)
Lap 1 team donzi ahead by 25 Sec
Lap 2 37 Sec
Lap 3 55 Sec
lap 4 1 min 20 sec
Lap 5 1 min 45 sec
A minute & 45 are you kidding me!!!
It's Spelled S * M * O * K * E * D !!!
& that's HUGE emphasis on "BEFORE THEY CATCH UP!"
Once your two steps behind you tend to just copy success.

HP600SC I dont belive that mike takes care of it anymore.

Daytona,
I was not being vulger about it, but come on, you could always buy at e-bay, I hear they have a nice selection! :D Welcome aboard scene man,good to have someone with alittle spunk,BTW I was talking about the pace boat...

TheManBehindTheScene
12-14-2003, 02:29 PM
LOL, Truly noted...

& actually as you will see in the New Powerboat magazine soon to be out next month, Team Donzi also takes out cigarrete pace boats if need be!
Some people migth not find the humor in that until you see it, but it's a pretty unclassy low blow joke anyways, shure to not be appreciated by Offshoreonly.com
:p
http://www.donzi.net/photos/opps.jpg

roadtrip se
12-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Um, yeh I see no humor in somebody coming into a turn way too fast under yellow and creating an even more dangerous situation. I would be embarrassed by the shots in PB, not proud that I harpooned a Cigarette. Those pics serve as evidence that somebody had a real bad case of judgement. Not cool, just stupid, really stupid.
IMHO...

Todd

TheManBehindTheScene
12-14-2003, 10:16 PM
I dont think anyone should be embarrassed by the incident, and I'm sure as hell no one is " proud of harpooning a cigarette ", it was not the bad judgment of a single person, it was the combined bad judgment that seems to always mix in a the right time.
Now you want to talk about embarrassing let's talk about spider-man doing donuts in-front of the pier and entangling itself in a marker buoy then dragging it , ALL the way back to the pits. UHHmm.
Or how about the supervee cigarette team getting all liquored up and getting kicked-out of the own restaurant that was sponsoring them... UHHmmmm.
Those pictures actually serve as evidence that **** happens, and in offshore racing it seems to happen often.
And Yeah MAD Great Sequence!!! and I'm very glad no one was hurt.

Team Jefe
12-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Is it me, or is "TheManBehindTheScene" just way too long of a handle? :p

TheManBehindTheScene
12-15-2003, 03:21 PM
O*K Someone's got to be a little bored hu, Jefe's,
A wise man once expressed to me, " dont bite off more than you can chew son" I pass that wisdom off to you!
Jefe's? sounds like your getting something long yourself! wink

Ed Donnelly
12-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Little wonder with all the babes he has..Ed

KMLFAMILY
12-16-2003, 03:41 PM
AND now to put this thread back on track.I put an order in on Sunday. It was on my door step Tuesday.Fla to Mass.. Great service.Just can"t open it till Christmas.
Thank you Z-shop.

Ed Donnelly
12-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Ken, What did you order that you got so fast? I ordered the jacket Dec.10 order #1023 and as of 7.30 pm it still hasn't ben shipped :( :( ...Ed

BabyDonzi
12-16-2003, 07:13 PM
I ordered last night and received an email, "due to the the overwhelming response, we are out of the items that you have ordered".
You know what, I'll wait!

smoothie
12-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Your right scene man,**** happens when every race boat is trying to run balls out,its part of the sport and getting more agressive every year,I like it :cool: So to get back on topic how about doing some work behind the scenes and get em to make a jacket with the new Donzi logo on the back..I will take a dark blue XL.

fasttrucker
12-17-2003, 03:32 PM
Just got back in from the skatin ring they call Interstate I-80. :rolleyes: A little bit of excitment sunday with the 4-wheelers spin out in front of me. eek! Anyway when I got home I opened a package sent to me from donzi.TEAM DONZI t-shirt, a x-mass gift from my daugter sara.Best present a big daddy could get,Thanks Donzi. :cool:

Ed Donnelly
12-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Just got an E-mail from Donzi. My jacket was shipped from California on Monday :) :) ..Ed

integra
12-17-2003, 04:39 PM
I'm waiting for another kind of jacket, more colored, to order it!! I hope they'll make it!! :)

Team Jefe
12-18-2003, 01:19 PM
I lost this thread for a while, so get us back OFF TRACK.....

Of course I'm bored, its wintertime. Besides, I always bite off more than I can chew, (just ask Poodle or Roadtrip or any of the SE Texas crew)

That's what make's life fun.

Not sure what the rest of that means, but its no matter. I am JEFE and that beautiful 30ZF is Jefe's REVENGE.

Ed - Thanks for the compliment, but please I'm just the Captain of the RED BIKINI Team, they don't all belong to me. You're going to make Todd jealous, and I have to see him at the Miami Show. :p

roadtrip se
12-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Well in the interest of taking this thread right off track again. Here is the most complete description of what happened in St. Petes that I have found. It matches what I have heard from close friends that were at ground zero. Last year, it was our prop choices at the worlds, this year we exhibit a true example of sportsmanship. Still not very impressed...

ST. PETERSBURG SUPER V INCIDENT REPORT

I. Background

On October 19, 2003 APBA Offshore conducted the GMC Pro Grade Series National Championships in St. Petersburg, Florida. The first of two races featured the Super V’s, Super V Lights and the Factory 2 Series boats. There were a total of 6 turns on the approximately 5 mile course, with the Start/Finish shoot approximately midway between turns 6 and 1. Turn 6 was a left hand turn from sea heading toward downtown St. Petersburg several hundred yards off the Vinoy Park seawall where the dry pits were located.

The Super V race started first in the afternoon race with the Factory 2 boats starting second and the Super V Lights starting third. Utz Castaway took an immediate lead in the Super V race but spun in Turn 1, tearing both drives from the transom and dropping out of the race. All other Super V’s made it through the first two turns without incident. The GMC paceboat immediately moved into position to begin rendering aid. There were no injuries and no debris in the corner, and no rescue personnel were deployed into the water. All other boats made it through Turns 1 and 2 without incident.

Accordingly, immediately after the incident, APBA Offshore Chief Referee, Mike Tomlinson, called for the deployment of a single yellow flag on the GMC paceboat. The flag was deployed immediately upon Tomlinson’s command and thus prior to the Super V’s entering Turn 1 a second time. The GMC paceboat and Utz drifted into the course between turns 1 and 2. The captain of the paceboat moved into position to tow Utz from the scene. A second crew member positioned himself on the deck and waived the yellow flag so passing race boats could see that there was a single point caution situation as they headed into turn 1. A third crew member moved into position at the stern of the paceboat to attach the tow line.

Meanwhile the Super V’s rounded turn 6 shortly after the accident and headed toward turn 1 at full race speeds.

Spiderman and Ettore were 1st and 2nd respectively, as they headed into Turn 1 with Ettore taking the inside line through the turn. Micosukee Indian Gaming and Team Donzi were 3rd and 4th respectively as they headed to Turn 1. For most of the straightaway between 6 and 1, Donzi was on the outside of Micosukee. Between the S/F slot and Turn 1, however, Donzi legally moved across course to the inside of Micosukee.

As they approached the pin at 1, Donzi was positioned between the boat wakes of Spiderman and Ettore while Micosukee was approximately 3-4 lanes to the outside of Donzi. Both boats maintained their relative positions as they initiated their helm changes to negotiate the turn. As they proceeded around the pin Donzi was clearly in the wakes of Spiderman and Ettore which had at this time merged as those two boats took basically the same line through the corner, safely passing the disabled Utz boat and GMC pace boat and exiting Turn 2.

While Donzi continued through the corner following in the wakes of Ettore and Spiderman, Micosukee began moving across several lanes and through the Spiderman and Ettore wakes, clearly changing its helm from the track on which it entered the turn. Donzi meanwhile held its position. Once past the Turn 1 pin, however, Micosukee had drifted so far down the track that it infringed on Donzi’s track position, causing Donzi to take evasive action to avoid a collision. By the time Micosukee had moved down the track, the bow of Donzi was well past the transom of Micosukee thus establishing an overlap situation relative to Turn 2. Donzi had absolutely no room to maneuver in this situation other than to change its helm to port as it did.

The sudden evasive move by Donzi caused the boat to begin a slide which ultimately led the boat to bow steer and spin out. As the Donzi spun to the left its momentum carried it into the bow of the GMC pace boat. The collision caused the two crewmembers on the bow and stern of the boat to be thrown into the water. At no time after the collision did the Donzi crew make any move to stop and render assistance or adequately check on the safety of the fallen crewmen. The Donzi crew simply gathered themselves and re-joined the race, missing Turn 2 in the process.

The Micosukee team changed its helm to starboard after the near collision with Donzi, and proceeded around Turn 2 on the outside edge of the Spiderman and Ettore Boat wakes.

II. Summary of Decision

Based on a full investigation of the incidents described above, including but not being limited to interviews with the riding crews of Micosukee, Donzi and the GMC paceboat, and other eyewitnesses, as well as a thorough review of all available photographs and videotapes including those taken from the Pier, the Utz on-board camera, Micosukee on-board camera, and the Powerboat Magazine helicopter, the APBA Offshore staff concluded that no incident would have occurred had Micosukee held its course through Turn 1 and Turn 2 as it was required to do under the rules by virtue of the accident scene there involving Utz and the GMC paceboat.

Initially, officials and eyewitnesses believed that Donzi had deliberately tried to take advantage of the Utz related yellow flag situation by intentionally diving inside of Micosukee in order to initiate a pass and thus gain track position heading into Turn 2. Had this indeed been the case APBA Offshore was prepared to disqualify Donzi which would have cost the team the Super V National Championship.

A thorough review of all the evidence, however, reveals that Donzi did not alter its helm and would not have altered its helm but for Micosukee changing its course heading to Turn 2 and almost causing a collision with Donzi. Indeed, the evidence is clear that had Micosukee maintained the course it took into Turn 1 all the way through Turn 2 Donzi would not have had to take any evasive action. In fact, had Donzi’s course not been impeded, it would have made it through both turns without incident as it had assumed a course in the wakes of Spiderman and Ettore, both of which had successfully and safely navigated the area.

While it is true that full speed racing is permitted in the vicinity of an accident, extreme caution is nevertheless required at all times. While we do not find fault with Donzi’s actions leading up to the collision, APBA Offshore does note that their actions after the collision with the GMC paceboat were wholly inconsistent with the spirit and intent of the rules. There is no excuse for the team suddenly leaving the scene without at the very least exiting the cockpit to verify the health and welfare of the crew of the paceboat. Showing that kind of concern to fellow racers and participants is an age old tradition in our sport and the integrity of that tradition was not honored in this case.

Accordingly, APBA Offshore Chief Referee Mike Tomlinson has ruled as follows:

1. Team Donzi shall receive a 10 minute penalty, 1 year probation, and a $2500 fine for violating Section VI, Rule 11A relating to encountering an accident scene. The team shall also receive a one lap penalty for missing Turn 2 after leaving the scene of the accident.

2. The Micosukee team shall also be placed on probation for the next 30 days for careless driving relating to their significant lane change maneuver in close proximity to an accident scene. The team shall also be fined $500 but shall not be required to pay the fine unless the team violates its probation by another driving related infraction.

II. Results

A. Based on the imposition of the foregoing penalties, the Official Super V Finishing order shall be as follows:

1. 8 Spiderman
2. 75 Ettore
3. 18 Adrenaline
4. 3 H&H Speed and Marine
5. 193 Donzi
6. 88 Fury
7. 1 Pier 57
8. 30 Miccosukee
9. 215 Knight-Aulsley
10. 7 Lucas Oil
11. UTZ Quality Foods

B. Points for the High Points Championships shall be awarded according to the above finishing positions.

roadtrip se
12-19-2003, 11:04 PM
I guess the point that I am trying to make here is that I expect more out of the folks at Donzi, if nothing else due to the heritage of the name. They make a big deal out of re-entering racing, design one hell of a race boat, win all of the marbles two years in a row, and then manage to pull off something stupid to spoil the gains both years. Giggling behind a screen name about running over a pace boat in a yellow zone is just indicative of the attitude that allows this kind of stupid stuff to happen. Of course, who really knows who this guy is any way, but the facts do stand for what they are.

Damm this winter is getting to me way too early...

Todd

Tony
12-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Way too early is right, Todd. We are no where near the thick of things...just wait 'til about mid February!

smoothie
12-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Todd,go with the flow bro and get yourself one of them there 100mph snowmobles,you guys have some great trails in Mich.

Team Jefe
12-22-2003, 09:50 AM
OK 'Trip, all kidding aside. I'm sure nobody at Donzi or in the Registry is proud of this incident. For sure it is a black eye for this family that will be hard to live down.

As for this winter, you're a better man that me. I would have gone bug-nuts by now in all that cold. So, in an unprecedented show of charity, I want to extend an open invitation to you and your lovely wife to come to Houston for a little anti-freeze. You can stay at my place, Hang out with the SE Texas Donzi Crew, and I'll even take you out to the blue waters of the GoM. I'm pretty much off the week after Christmas, and we are planning a New Year's gathering on Clear Lake.

Just call me and I'll pick you up at the airport. 713 201 0923.

JEFE