PDA

View Full Version : Great tribute to Steve Simon in Powerboat mag

chucknoonan
12-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Just got the January issue of Powerboat in the mail, and on page 4, in the publisher's letter, is a great tribute to the late Steve Simon. It contains a number of quotes by powerboat mag staffers, including Jerry Nordskog and Bob Teague. It is worth reading by all board members. It brought a tear to my eye, and I never met the man, or even spoke to him.
I do not own a boat currently, but when I do, I know it will be a Donzi, and that is because of people like Mr. Simon, and all of you on the board, whose passion and enthusiam for the brand, make it the obvious, and only, choice.

Chuck

terry
12-09-2003, 06:51 PM
That is sure going to be a difficult read for me,
I am still grieving and miss him like a brother
frown

Dr. Dan
12-12-2003, 06:01 AM
:cool: Also in the very back page under "Commentary" by Matt Trulio....is another read that is thought provoking, it is also noticeable that there is a new Donzi Sport Fish ad on the opposite cover....and Steve was the driver in that Photo Shoot!....Always remembered...with warm thoughts..! wink

Doc

Shanghied Again
12-12-2003, 05:54 PM
I started to read and I couldnt finish. Just like I am having a hard time writing this, He was as much to me Donzi as Don was. But the big difference is Steve was my freind and even though he is gone a freind he will always be. :( frown

terry
12-13-2003, 07:40 AM
Maybe someone here could scan it and post it here, my magazine still has not arrived........

BigGrizzly
12-13-2003, 08:04 AM
Me too Frank. I was looking in my little Dig camera and saw the pictures with Nate Racer me and others at Sota when we were all screwing around in the hallway, can't bring myself to post or print it.

38zxdreamin'
12-15-2003, 08:34 AM
I have to say, I have never met or spoken with Steve, but after realizing everything he has done for the sport, and how much of a friend he was to anyone that seems to have known him, I truly realize what we have lost. The tribute was great to see, and it is good to know that he will not be forgotten by anyone. I will be praying for his wife and family during this holiday season and ask that God bestows many blessings upon them in the times to come.

Corey Graham