PDA

View Full Version : DECEMBER 7, 1941

Air 22
12-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Please take a moment from our busy lives and pause to remember the men and women who lost their lives 62 years ago today in Pearl Harbor. It was the sacrifices they endured to preserve the freedom we have today....God Bless You All! wink Land of the Free...Land of the Brave.

ToonaFish
12-07-2003, 11:37 AM
What's a decade or so, when you got the date right? :D

But you are very correct in acknowledging how much was sacrificed for freedom in the years that followed this infamous date... may we take a moment to pray for those who continue to protect our country and to thank those who have served.

Bunches,

Celene 'goosebumps'

Hanker
12-07-2003, 02:37 PM
I am sorry to admit that I forgot about Dec. 7 myself. It is a very important day, not just because so many were lost, but because that is the day when Americans realized that they Had to get involed, not unlike Sept. 11.

Before Dec. 7, 1941, we were coming out of the depression, and didn't want to be bothered with what was going on in the rest of the world - sound familiar? I see some of the same dymanics today as then. We just want to be left alone, and are just accepting what's fed us, instead of thinking for ourselves.

Whether you wish to make it a political issue or believe it an unfortunate reality, we must always be ready to defend ourselves against those who for whatever reasons, hate us and our way of life. I am not a Nationalist, but always fly a flag in memory of those who sacrificed so much, and for the belief in Freedom and Justice for ALL.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could have a Donzi event in the Persian Gulf.

We are rather spoiled here, and I'm in the front of the line. But I feel a deep appreciation for those who have served, and for the families of service people at home right now, worrying about their loved ones during this holiday season.

Thanks for reminding me Air22.

Rob

smokediver
12-07-2003, 05:59 PM
great points ... it was 1941 however ..

Air 22
12-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Hit the wrong # on the key-pad damnn that #2. Glad to see some of you see the point I was making ...not the typo wink

Digger
12-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Live Free or Die!