PDA

View Full Version : Went to a nice shop today

HyperDonzi
11-29-2002, 09:46 PM
Went to the shop owned by a factory 1 race team. Mutual Fun....

Hung out for a while with them, Scott Boldts- that Whipple will fit the color of your boat really well...

The first thing I see when I walk in is none other than....The first donzi that stole my heart last summer. 1983 18 Classic, brown, tan and yellow. Nosecone, Pistons, Heads, around 450hp. (Alpha 1...) It was for sale... When my dad came in to pick me up, He said he liked that cute little Donzi then he found out it was for sale.

What was funny when I walked in I told the people I was thinking about putting a new engine into a Baja and they all said "Sorry to hear that" So I guess it isnt only you guys who KNOW that Bajas are not the best.

I decided instead of buying a new engine and dealing with all of that for a Baja, I can take the money I had saved for that, and get a job and try to get an old 16 or 18 classic next year :)

How good do the 16's with the 4.3 handle and how fast will they go with the 4.3?

Finally enlightened by a F1 team
Tommy

96blackhawk502
11-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Isn't 450HP too much for an Alpha 1? I thought the Alpha 1 was designed for lower HP engines?

fasttrucker
11-30-2002, 06:13 PM
tommy i think u would be better off with an 18ft.i had an s-18 boss2.and it was really cool.like a 18ft donzi but made by north american.

HyperDonzi
11-30-2002, 09:41 PM
I would be happy with a 16 or an 18...

450 is a bit much for the alpha, it did have a nosecone, so maybe it was an Alpha SS?