PDA

View Full Version : Donzi for beginners?

chrille
11-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Hello to all,

I'm new to power boating, had never before any kind of boat and I'm interested in Donzi's. So I have two questions:

Would you agree to start with a Donzi 18 classic?

Would a total of 7.000 $ to be okay for a year 1982 Donzi 18 classic with 430 hours?

Many thanks for any help!
Christian.

oldLenny
11-22-2002, 08:42 PM
Yes, and yes...

Scubado
11-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Christian,

First of all, welcome to the Donzi Board. I think a classic 18 would be a great first boat! They are safe, handle predictably, and are fun to drive. Just take your time to learn the boat and always be safe.

What kind of water will you be boating in (small lake, large lake, ocean)? How big can the water get (large waves etc.)?

What type of boating will you be doing (waterskiing, day trips, boating with friends, anchor overnight, etc)?

Learn as much as you can about boats before you purchase one. The people here can be a great help. What kind of power does the boat that you are interested in have? What kind of drive? What about the trailer? Is the finish in good shape? Are there any signs of damage to the hull? Has the boat been in salt water? Ask lots of questions, the more you know the happier you will be with your first boat.

Jeff

SS18
11-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Christian,
Great boat to get wet with! But if you don't know about boats check the stringers,power and floor or get a limited survey for not much more you can get an almost perfect boat.Power is easy
but expensive structural is involoved and can leave you discouraged at the least!

SS18/AKA 292 Fastech

Ps 88 18 classic 4 sale new 350 and drive/with trailer.

MOP
11-22-2002, 09:50 PM
Hi and welcome aboard, sounds like you may have found a deal. Hope it checks out well! Look your forward to future posts.

harbormaster
11-22-2002, 10:08 PM
You will have to send us photos of the boating areas and enthusiasts in Germany!

Stix Magill
11-22-2002, 11:04 PM
The 18 is awesome, but so are so many other models. See the Registry and the model list at the top of the page. If you are going to be on relatively small water and the boat checks out, I agree, BUY IT! If you are in Germany, you will be a member of a very select and small group owning this fine boat in Europe.

:D

Fish boy
11-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the boards Christian. Great boat, and seems like a good deal as far as pricing in the states goes. Not sure what the market is like in Germany, but if you like the boat and it is in good shape, you will be in love with your boat after the first ride. A word or warning though... there is no cure for Donzi-fever. I am not sure if there even therapists for it. Good luck and we look forward to pictures.

Jody

Formula Jr
11-23-2002, 05:05 PM
Willkommen zu Donzi.net Christian. 18 ist nicht eine gute Wahl für ein Boot des ersten Males, wenn es sehr schnell ist. Mehr als 260 Pferdestärken, benötigen Sie Erfahrung, sie sicher zu fahren. Was ist die motor in diesem Boot?

----------------------
Töten Sie Ihr Fernsehen.

Ed Donnelly
11-23-2002, 06:34 PM
Formel Jungeres spricht nicht Deutsches,kein ich danken Gott fur translators. is die ZF farik nahe ihnen? Ich habe eine ihrer transachsen in meinem Pantera 72 Ed

Formula Jr
11-23-2002, 07:53 PM
Yes, "Formel Jungeres spricht nicht Deutschesool", I don't... Cool, there's some native speak. Learning...... :D

Ask what size engine he has...

Sagbay32
11-23-2002, 09:34 PM
Your Deutsche -speak is killin' me!

Loved it

Mike in White Lake

chrille
11-25-2002, 07:32 PM
Thanks for your help so far! I'll have a look at the Donzi next weekend. The engine is a Mercruiser 5.7 with 280 hp, the top speed is 60 mph, the seller says, the trailer is included. This is a picture from the ad:
http://www.wolfstieg.de/donzi/dd5.jpg
(Wie stellt man denn hier ein Photo ein...?)

Regards,
Christian.