PDA

View Full Version : 24ft. Spitfire

olredalert
11-06-2000, 01:08 PM
Need to start a little dialogue about the 24ft.Spitfire.Had forgotten all about this model,and found the catalog shots in the gallery the other day.Realizing that this is the same hull as my newly unearthed El Pescador I am very anxious to see if there are any around.Would be interested in purchase of same.What were production #s!How were they generally powered?Water conditions around here on the St.Clair river are such that a 24ft.DONZI would be ideal.El Pescador is a good party boat but Spitfire would be fantastic for "blastin".22ft.Classic was a great ride but I tended to get beat-up at speed.Thanks in advance...............just..........ol red!

olredalert
11-10-2000, 11:43 PM
Nobody out there, out of all you guys has seen or heard of a Spitfire?Are they that rare?Theres got to be one somewhere.After all theres one pictured on the flyer!............just..........ol red!

Spirit
11-12-2000, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by olredalert:
Need to start a little dialogue about the 24ft.Spitfire.Had forgotten all about this model,and found the catalog shots in the gallery the other day.Realizing that this is the same hull as my newly unearthed El Pescador I am very anxious to see if there are any around.Would be interested in purchase of same.What were production #s!How were they generally powered?Water conditions around here on the St.Clair river are such that a 24ft.DONZI would be ideal.El Pescador is a good party boat but Spitfire would be fantastic for "blastin".22ft.Classic was a great ride but I tended to get beat-up at speed.Thanks in advance...............just..........ol red!

I think the 24 Spirit is also the same hull. I emailed you the specs. There's also some pictures of mine in the registry.DMR240890376

falcon
11-13-2000, 08:09 AM
About a year ago I found a spitfire in freeport, ny at al grovers marina--I believe it was for sale by original owner---he wasn't anxious to sell so he may still have it.

Danny
11-13-2000, 10:05 AM
I thought that the Spitfire. El Pescador and the Doral all used to use the same hull with different deck configurations, I believe I remember seeing an early 70's brochure that had all three models listed.
I also recall some postings on this board over a year ago about/by a fellow whose handle was Spitfire Dave and he told a tale about finding his Spitfire behind a chicken coup in Michigan and buying it on a trailer for something like $500. Great find.
I've only seen one Spitfire in real life and that was about 20 years ago in SanSouci on Georgian Bay. I have been trying to track it down for the last couple of years with no luck.
Danny

olredalert
11-13-2000, 01:00 PM
Left town for a couple of days and upon return find that the Registry is cranked back up as well as you posters.Thanks are in order for jack who kindly E-mailed me some nice stuff,as well as falcon,and danny.Thank you!!!!
Falcon,possibly, you could go further into detail about Grovers Marina?Id love to call them to ask about the Spitfire in question.Im not afraid to chase em down.Its part of what keeps the juices flowing!............just..........ol red!

falcon
11-13-2000, 01:29 PM
I actually saw the boatt at a marina next door to Al Grovers and when I inquired about it they directed me to Al Grovers (516-546-8880)

The boat then was moved, I never saw it again--It was yellow with volvo speedmaster(?) outdrives and twin LT-1 corvette motors.

I don't remember name of owner--I think he was asking about 10K.

olredalert
11-13-2000, 04:55 PM
Falcon,
Much thanks for the timely response.Ill be burning up the phone lines towmorrow.Im curious about Volvo Speedmasters.Are parts available for them?I simply dont know anything at all about them.But the boat sounds interesting and all things being equal,the price sounds reasonable!..........just.........ol red!

superhatz
11-13-2000, 10:22 PM
Hey ol red.. sounds like you've got good taste in boats. Check out boat trader online. There's a 1976 donzi 24 listed that sounds like it could be a spitfire. Maybe it's a doral but would be worth a call

superhatz out

olredalert
11-17-2000, 08:02 PM
superhatz,
Thanks for the tip.Ill go on the trader now and see what I can find............just......ol red!

falcon
11-22-2000, 08:14 AM
Any luck tracking down that boat at Al Grovers?

olredalert
11-22-2000, 08:40 AM
Falcon,
I felt like you might have put me on the right line,but the guy at Als says he doesnt remember it at all.Oh well,on to the next chase!............just...........ol red!

falcon
11-22-2000, 04:41 PM
I just came from Al Grovers----They told me boat was sold.

olredalert
11-24-2000, 07:42 PM
Falcon
want to thank you again for the lead.Much appreciated!...........just.......ol red!