PDA

View Full Version : 19' Hornet 1968

Bermuda Boy
11-05-2000, 05:53 AM
Thinking of buying a 1968/9? Hornet here in Bermuda. Bad motor-298 hipo and OMC. Can I get parts for this? Is it better to replace all? Is boat worth buying? Hull and interior are nice. Keep in mind import duties are 33% here and gas is $5 gallon. The nice blue water doesn't come cheap.Any advice???

------------------

Blewbyu
11-14-2000, 09:12 PM
That boat needs a 454 or larger.Buy the hull,trash the engine and o/d,and put in some nice potting soil.Youll have the best lookin' planter in Bermuda!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$FIVE BUCKS a GAL???????????????
A 454 holds that much in it's carburetor!
Move to Florida-quick!Before the elections are over........(second thought-don't rush).
Elian endorses Florida,except for the politics.........Cuba better.They don't recount.
Sorry Florida guys-I'm freezing my jar off up here in Washington.......the thought of 70 degree weather makes me delerious and sharpens my tongue.

Bermuda Boy
11-15-2000, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the reply Blewbyu. So what you're saying is this isn't such a good idea. I guess that i'll just keep looking for something old and interesting. But come on Florida? Even though it's expensive, the island is great. I'm from Canada so i don't miss the weather or the taxes. The dancing girls, well that is another story....
Originally posted by Blewbyu:
That boat needs a 454 or larger.Buy the hull,trash the engine and o/d,and put in some nice potting soil.Youll have the best lookin' planter in Bermuda!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$FIVE BUCKS a GAL???????????????
A 454 holds that much in it's carburetor!
Move to Florida-quick!Before the elections are over........(second thought-don't rush).
Elian endorses Florida,except for the politics.........Cuba better.They don't recount.
Sorry Florida guys-I'm freezing my jar off up here in Washington.......the thought of 70 degree weather makes me delerious and sharpens my tongue.