PDA

View Full Version : BERTRAM BOY

seano
11-03-2000, 08:24 AM
Hay...seano here, obviously you're into the Bertrams...a frind of mine owns two of the 20 Sportsmans...only a handful made(I can't remember the number--like 30 or 60)

Anyway, the point of my story is that a friend of mine is selling a 20 Baron if you're interested, it's big block power with TRS and apparently isquite fast. I think he's looking to get between 15 and 20k...interested?

olredalert
11-03-2000, 09:07 AM
There you go Bertram Boy!your destiny is calling you!.......just.....ol red!

GEOO
11-03-2000, 10:22 AM
SeanO, Is Drew your friend with the 20 "BYE BYE"; doesn't he own a 28 now. I think that was the X Race Boat "HOT SHOT" . GEOO

seano
11-03-2000, 10:54 AM
Geo...

You are correct...but I heard about the boat from the mechanic who was taking care of it(Billy is a friend of mine and knows the boat intimately). I'm not sure about it's racing past, I'll have to check with Billy

Although, I've spoken to Drew a couple of times and wanted to go and work for him, I have never met him personally. He does have a 28 also, I think they rarely use the 20 so that's why he wants to sell it.

Billy tells me the boat is REAL clean, but there may be a problem with the windshield from people hanging on it.

CDMA
11-03-2000, 11:06 AM
Aren't there pictures of Bye Bye somewhere...

Geoo you have them right?

Chris

seano
11-03-2000, 11:21 AM
Chris,

Shouldn't you be in class...? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

I'm sure you guys have seen this site with the Bertrams in the Hi-Perf Stuff For Sale section, but just in case...
http://www.speedmasters-inc.com/

Can anyone tell me why these boats haven't sold??? I am curious, because they're rare and seem pretty cheap...?

CDMA
11-03-2000, 11:45 AM
Who says I am not.....

Chris

BERTRAM BOY
11-03-2000, 05:58 PM
Hey Chris,
Didn't you want a Sportsman?
Sean O.,I'd love a 20' Baron. However, I'd love a 24' even more. Besides where the hell am I gonna keep 3 boats? I'm running out of garage space!!!! I've seen Geoo's pics of "BYE-BYE", that's one clean looking boat.
One more thing Sean O......Cool website.
BERTRAM BOY

CDMA
11-03-2000, 07:08 PM
Bertram Boy,

My other boat is a 1989 18 foot Boston Whaler Outrage. It has a 150 Yamaha on it and is one of the best all around boats I have even owned. The only thing I would ever replace it with is a 20 foot Sportsman. There is a restored 1968 near my boat with a Stainless marine bracket and a 225 Merc. What a sweet boat. Rides as nicely as the Donzi does. Just beautiful to watch. If I could find one worthy the Whaler is worth 12- 15K so an even swap would be done in a heartbeat. Till then the Whaler will do what it has always been great for...everything.

Chris

seano
11-15-2000, 03:32 PM
Okay, I know I keep showing up here with non-Donzi related stuff, but I figure you guys like unique crap like I do, so here goes...

Bertram Boy...check this out...never knew they made performance boat in 1986---any thoughts??
http://matrix.its.uwf.edu/boat/

BERTRAM BOY
11-15-2000, 05:17 PM
SeanO,
Great pics!!!! I love when you guys post this stuff... Actually Bertram is famous for building "one offs" (in this case two off's).
Most people don't realize, that in addition to building killer sportfishing boats, that they also built a great deal of sport and racing boats. They built sport boats in 20' 24'and 28'.
They built racing boats in 18'( rumoured, not proven) 31'(completely different than the sportfishing hull) 36' and 38'(one of the first Kevlar hulls).
I should create a web page with all these cool Bertrams, but I don't know what the hell I'm doing, I can barely type....

BERTRAM BOY

boldts
11-15-2000, 05:26 PM
Bertram,
You want a web page? I use a product called FrontPage. There are many free places available that will also build a page for you. Long story short, I can put something together for you using my FrontPage application and then transfer the HTML to a free site like Yahoo's Geocities. (www.geocities.com) The Harbormaster is in the web site buisness also from what I've seen. I'd help you out for free since you are a Donzi.net friend.

rayjay
11-16-2000, 10:26 AM
seano,

Neat pic, but where do you mount the "fighting" chair? What a way to get to the canyon, right up there with the 38' Fountain Center Cockpit with 2 800+ supercharged BBC's I saw.

Now where do I find those blown engines that are in the APBA string...

rayjay