PDA

View Full Version : 18 Corsican V drive w/ clutch

CDMA
11-01-2000, 11:04 PM
Friend of mine in my class was noticing my wall paper the other day which has Geoo's boat flying thoigh the air. He says to me I know a crazy little 18 Donzi with a V drive and it has a car transmission and a clutch. He looked at some pictures with me then he described a domed deck. I showed him the Corsican ( Randy's) and he swares that is it to the T in Red. So anyone ever heard of this boat...Northern Jersey.. with racing numbers...

Chris

BigGrizzly
11-02-2000, 07:43 PM
I do remember a red one with a white deck in Lakewood with a 302 H&M and Volvo drive called Red Barron. Owner wasn't too bright he put solid lifters on a hydraulic cam using valve springs with 135lbs seat pressure.Needless to say it sounded good for 3 maybe 6 minuets. Maybe it is this boat. When I lived in Cal. one of the guys in engineering had a Sleekcraft with a 350chev.and a 3 speed and clutch and v drive, it wasn't fast by todays standard. he did it because some guy at Toyota said it couldn't be done!

Looped
11-02-2000, 09:08 PM
BigGrizzly,
Was that down in the Torrance, CA area that you were in? I'm stuck going to a meeting all next week at the Lexus/Toyota Corp headquarters out there. I wonder if I know the guy?
Craig

BigGrizzly
11-02-2000, 09:53 PM
Yes when we were still in Gardena. He was thin guy red/brown hair about 5'7",use thbring over the cars we used to exchage with each other. I can see his face but can't remember his name. Oh yea he was always smiling. The best I can do,