PDA

View Full Version : AOTH V

Bryan Tuvell
04-20-2001, 02:56 PM
ROADTRIP, wasn't that you that said you too would be there on Thursday too? I think VAGRANT is also, our foursome will be.
Just curious, this thing is so huge I have lost track..

BANDIT, where is the closet car wash before or around Buck so we can spray off the road crap prior to 1st launch Thursday a.m.
Bryan

[This message has been edited by Bryan Tuvell (edited 04-20-2001).]

GEOO
04-20-2001, 03:39 PM
WELL!!! We have DONZI's, The sound of V-8's, Refreshments http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif, Camera,s, Radar Guns, GPS's, Blenders,....

Scott,

What about the food? Can I bring something? Should everyone bring something? Are we going to have a barbecue? Maybe we just do the planning when we arrive?

Scott, (from the south), You're still bringing the Girls, for the Hot Boat Pictures?? Right!!! (joke) GE http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

roadtrip2
04-20-2001, 03:45 PM
BRYAN,
We are driving Wednesday with planned arrival in the evening at the Jamestown resort. Scott Dabbs will be with me dragging his 16. We will have to meet up on the lake Thursday morning, maybe at a half way point between the eastern and western side of the lake. Connely Bottom would probably be a good hook up sight. According to my count, this would give us seven boats to kick off the unofficial start of the first AOTH. I am ready NOW!!!!!!

SCOTT B.,
Could you please post our cellular numbers on the member page of the Midwest Donzi Club page? Mine is 817.271.3043. There are people coming from all over with different arrival times and this info will help make it easier for us to track each other down. Thanks, Todd

MADPOODLE,
So how is that elusive Florida contingent coming along? Are we ready to go public yet? I bet we will break pretty close to forty boats, once you boys come clean down there. I look forward to meeting you and the Florida ghost riders in a couple of weeks....

GEOO
04-20-2001, 05:15 PM
Do Cell Phones work in Jamestown??? GEOO
mine is (203)258-5222

Frank Civitano
04-20-2001, 05:46 PM
We will be leaving Thursday Night,We should be there Friday afternoon. (732) 995-2864 cell phone

------------------
Frank Civitano

Bryan Tuvell
04-20-2001, 06:47 PM
CELLS, I am a NEXTEL guy (city business), so maybe I will get lucky 757-435-9430.

We also watch VHF 71... maybe that should be the AOTH Channel for VHF!!!!! IDEA!!!!

SUNGAGAIN and BOB, post your cells for the guys....
Bryan

boldts
04-20-2001, 07:40 PM
Guys,
I'll add your cell numbers to the members page tonight. I can't do the usual 1 a.m. though. I'm heading to Cincinnati to meet some of the folks traveling to KY with us on the 11th. Looks like I might get to help drop an engine in an American Offshore Cat and also help with adjusting the shifter on a 22' Classic. I live for this stuff. I love to learn new things.

Roadtrip - I can't wait to meet you and your wife. You have been instrumental in keeping everyone motivated.

All of the VA guys - What can I say? Again thanks for all your support and keeping the threads alive.

Florida gang - Hate to spoil any surprises you may have in store for the folks attending the Awakening. If you are planning to attend, you will need to be registered to partake of some of the goodies being offered by our event sponsor, Sandollar Yacht Sales.

For everyone planning to make the trek to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky, this gathering is for you. My "Field of Dreams" I have longed to have a friend to share my Donzi with on the lake. Now at last count, I will have over 35 other Donzis to share my Donzi with and over 70 friends to enjoy my day at the lake with. Take care everyone and above all, have a safe trip to KY in a couple weeks.

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club

Bryan Tuvell
04-20-2001, 08:58 PM
My hat is off to you and Beth Scott... have fun tomorrow. Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
04-21-2001, 08:28 PM
OK did I screw up making a AOTH V?
It was sinking... this will revive it! Look forward to see all of you and sharing a beverage and listening to the Donzi stories... and to see GEOO fly....
Bryan

Varyak
04-21-2001, 11:05 PM
Mark and Ken leaving FLorida with the (now second - someone finally bought a real Scorpion edition) Worlds Most Expensive Classic 18 Thursday for arrival on Friday.
No women this time because the boat is screaming fast!
Mark

STUNG_AGAIN
04-22-2001, 01:47 AM
Cell is 757.879.8334 plus the Va Bunch will be monitoring VHF-71 and on the Motorola FRS-50's channel 4 (for "four" Virginians). See you guys in the middle on Thursday and on the western water Friday afternoon... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

Tom on Lanier
04-22-2001, 05:29 AM
Sting Man, that's a "Roger" on the channel 71. The Georgia Boys will be using FRS on the road on the way up. We usually use channel 4-10 (for the shotgun). If you're using 4 without a security code, we'll drop the 10.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

boldts
04-22-2001, 09:27 PM
Hello All. I just saw something that is hard to believe, but I can certainly understand. It looks like Geoo wants to sell his X-18. I also saw that the Bandit has his Donzi for sale in Boat Trader. I wish both of you all the luck in your sale, but could you wait a couple more weeks? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif

Scott Boldt

GEOO
04-23-2001, 07:24 AM
Scott, You've got to be kidding!! I wouldn't miss the AOTH. It's going to be great getting pictures, video and radar shot's of "Mighty Mouse".. GEOO

STUNG_AGAIN
04-23-2001, 02:30 PM
Tom On The Lanier: Roger VHF-71. We'll have the cheaper Motorola FRS-50's so we've only got the basic 14 channels and we'll be on channel 4 as we near the middle on Thursday/Friday. We should make an approximate showtime and pick a channel marker. Friday we plan on going all the way west and hang offshore from Jamestown and watch folks arrive. Maybe you could meet us at a certain point that day? Something to think about.
Roadtrip2, where is "Connelly Bottom" channel marker wise? I've got a good map of the lake showing markers etc.

Bryan I've heard you may kank the trip due to "Cockpit Cover Panic Syndrom" over whether or not to have the cockpit cover on going down the highway?! If you leave it off don't forget to take the plug out so as not to swamp the boat if it rains along the way....LOL You still working the checklist?.... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

[This message has been edited by STUNG_AGAIN (edited 04-23-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
04-23-2001, 03:02 PM
STUNG AGAIN, I wouldn't Cancel this trip for anything, stack of hundreds already put back... as far as the cover goes I haven't made a decision, if the weather is decent I see no reason to cover it, remember that cover has came off twice going down the road, and once on the bay bridge... I would hate to loose it or tear it up etc. I can put the cusions in the cuddy and seats in the jeep.
We missed you guys yesterday.. I plan on coming over this week and docking at your house so I can fix the ripped carpet on the trailer... I hear you went back to the 3 blade since Mark was spanking you in his Scarab! Boys will be boys I guess....
Me well didn't get above 65 all day yesterday, but we did have a boat full of people...
Momma is considering a 28ZXO since we are back in civilization....
Catch ya later Rick.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
04-23-2001, 03:22 PM
TOM, sounds great, Rick has boated the lake several times, so tell us where and we will be there, not sure on the time, I will let Rick take charge of scheduling and just follow his screamer around. I am game for anything...
You'll know STUNGAGAIN is coming when you see a StingRay do a 75MPH Batman turn.....
Bryan

BigGrizzly
04-23-2001, 10:18 PM
75 mph Batman turns. Holly spinout Batman! can anybody say go fish, or is that flip turns. I'll keep my distance.

Randy

roadtrip2
04-23-2001, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by madpoodle:
OK, so how about some local info for us tourists? Hows the water level? Sand / rockbars? Do we need to stay in the marked channels, or can we run around the edges/ Local water police? (important to some of us)

Can I order a lake chart somewhere??

GPS coordinates for Jamestown? I know, I know, but I need to preprogram the GPS...

Scott,
Let me see if I can knock out your questions. Talked to my buddy who has a cabin at the lake. He was there last weekend and even took a swim. Water is up now and even when it is down, you would have to work hard to hit something. There are very few markers of any sort, much less channel markers, but the lake is very deep. I do make a habit of staying away from the banks at speed just for comfort. Most fixed obstacles are marked, but I think you would have to work very hard to run aground anywhere on the main lake.
Very interesting inquiry about the water cops. They have never bothered me for anything, including noise. They will look for alcohol, including your cooler, especially at the falls. Rarely see them.
I wouldn't waste money on a chart. Just pick up a map when you get to town. The map I have shows Jamestown Marina at 36.56.30 by 85.02.45. Hope helps, Todd