PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pearson’s New Dash

Looped
04-14-2001, 10:16 PM
Here is a sneak preview of Scott’s new Dash:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1399308&a=11451597&p=46537870&Sequence=0&res=high

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1399308&a=11451597&p=46537868&Sequence=0&res=high

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1399308&a=11451597&p=46537866&Sequence=0&res=high

DonziDave
04-14-2001, 11:44 PM
Beautiful!!! Very very way too cool!!
How was the Donzi logo milled into the plate?

Gearhead99
04-15-2001, 05:47 AM
VERY NICE !!!!

Lot of work went into that.

Happy Easter to all.

Scott Pearson
04-15-2001, 06:01 AM
Ok....heres the story. Thanks Craig for posting these. I still have to figure out how to do that.

The dash isnt finished yet. Its all ruff and being fitted. The dash itself still needs to be polished and then cleared. Not sure if I'm going to add orange dye to clear to make dash look anodized. The gauge bezels are going to be painted orange also.

The dash was made all on a CNC machine. The LOGO is a small ball milling and the other is larger ball milling. There is TONS of work that went into this thing I dont even want to count the hours that went into the programing. About 6-8 more hours into the polishing and clearing still also.

Glad you guys like it....Its one of a kind!

(NJ)Scott

BigGrizzly
04-15-2001, 07:26 AM
Way toooooo cool. nothing else can be said.

Randy

Sam
04-15-2001, 07:28 AM
Very nice Scott ! I work in the Automotive industry specifically with Clusters and HVAC units. From a design stand point your on the cutting edge with your brushed metallic look. I assume you used a CNC or some type of an XY router for the engraving ? From a functional point of view I don't think you could get a more robust set up for your gauges,nice job.

Sam

[This message has been edited by Sam (edited 04-15-2001).]

Sam
04-15-2001, 07:41 AM
To all,
SORRY about the spelling or should I say the lack there of. Next time I reply in the morning I will make sure to have my coffee first and use spell check. By the way is there any way to retract a message from the boards. It sure would be nice in bone headed cases like this.

Sam

boldts
04-15-2001, 08:08 AM
Scott,
That is one fine piece of work. Donzi are you taking notes? I also want to commend you on the color choices. The orange with the white boot stripe looks Fantastic. The white gauges with orange bezels goes right with the theme. Very well thought out.

Sam,
If you click on the little piece of paper with the pencil at the top of the post, it will take you back into your post for editing and changes. I've been there, done that on many occasions.

Happy Easter all.

Scott Boldt

Scott Pearson
04-15-2001, 08:11 AM
Guys, thanks!

Sam, Yes CNC. But Im not staying with the brushed look. Im going to polish it and clear it so it keep the shine. We have a special product that allows you to clear coat alum. I just fit it on the deck yesterday. Now its back off for the finishing. I should have it all done in a week or two and will have more pictures of the finished look.

Im not sure if I'm going to add orange dye to the clear yet or not. It will give it a anodized look.

(NJ)Scott

DonziDave
04-15-2001, 08:55 AM
Scott - My .02 cents. Your dash is perfect just like it is - any color on the bezels or in the machining will only detract from it's beauty. "Less is More".
As for polishing, think about this: Do you really want a giant mirror on your dash that will reflect the sun into your eyes at 70 mph?
I like the look of the brushed finish.
Again - Beautiful piece of work!!

Sam
04-15-2001, 09:31 AM
Scott,
Thanks for the reply regarding editing messages, I owe you. If your ever in Michigan look me up.

Sam

boldts
04-15-2001, 09:18 PM
Sam,
Thinking about coming up for the SE Michigan gathering. Have you guys set a date and place yet? I may be in Charlotte NC on the 26th, but if I'm not, I'd like to bring my Donzi up to MI. I'm very glad that a few of you have decided to make the trip to Lake Cumberland in KY. I love to go check out new lakes, especially when they are fairly close to me. You're about a 4 hr. drive for me. Another trip I want to make soon, is the Dust-off event held at Lake George NY.

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club

Dr. Dan
04-15-2001, 09:47 PM
Scott, That does "look Marvelous darling", WOW, what a work of art, I would be curious to see if a highly polished finish might reflect the sun as Dave mentions, let us know? Congrats dude, we all only wish ours were as stylin as that is!..Doc

Scott Pearson
04-16-2001, 07:16 AM
Dr Dan,
Thanks! Yes I do understand the Polish thing being to shinny. But, the older Donzis had a polished stainless dash and the shinny stainless or chrome steering wheel. I guess I will have a little more. Hay....Thats what they make dark sunglass for.

Any hoooo....I'm committed now. I started sanding the alum. so I can polish it. Also the bezels are in the middle of being sanded to so I can get orange on them.

I will let you know how I make out.

(NJ)Scott

GeneD
04-16-2001, 08:22 AM
Very, very impressive.
Gee Scott, I didn't realize you even took out the ski rack!
Wow!
What a job. I think I'll need a ride on this bad boy at the NYC race.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Forrest
04-16-2001, 10:24 AM
Way too coooool!!!!!

------------------
Forrest

RickR
04-17-2001, 10:25 AM
You're an ARTIST!!!
I am getting ideas for my new dash.