PDA

View Full Version : Deck almost ready for primer.....Tired of sanding

Scott Pearson
10-21-2000, 06:05 PM
Deck should have primer on it in a day or two. Still have the hatch to get ready, but that should only take two days.

I was getting a little burnt out on the deck. Had alot to do on the floor. Didn't look like that part was going to end. Dont know why I spent so much time on that area ...but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Still have to get gauges and drill holes. Looking at Autometer Liquid filled. Thought that would be kinda trick. They have some pretty wild gauges out now. I have always ran them in my cars with great luck.

Oh well...Let you know when this thing (deck) has paint on it.

(NJ) Scott

GeneD
10-23-2000, 08:37 AM
Sanding...the Donzi restorer's nightmare!
Sand, sand, and then sand some more.
Hey! Wait till you get it painted and you want to wet sand and buff!
More sanding, and more sanding.
The coolest part is the paint, and that only takes a little while. Before you know it, it's over, and you have to start reassembling! That's the fun part!
Hang in there Donzi Boy, you are getting closer to the mark.
Sanding is no easier on the "newer" http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif boats either!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Scott Pearson
10-23-2000, 09:06 AM
Gene,
Painting is no big deal. I paint it in a Heated down draft booth. No dirt! No Buffing! Then what I do is once it cleared I wait about a week and wet sand the whole thing and re-clear (FLOWCOAT) and its like a sheet of glass. No buffing!

(NJ)Scott

GeneD
10-23-2000, 09:53 AM
Flowcoat!?!
Hmmm...sounds like it should be a good product. The no wet-sanding thing has me intrigued.
Go baby go!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 10-23-2000).]

Greg Riach
10-23-2000, 10:48 AM
Scott

I hope you are keeping a photo record of your restoration. I would be most interested in seeing what you have done.

Greg

boxy
10-23-2000, 11:07 AM
GeneD, is your e-mail address up and running again. I've got some performance questions for you.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

Scott Pearson
10-23-2000, 05:16 PM
Greg,
I have taken many and many pictures. Sent about 100 of them to the Harbor Master over 2 months ago. I'm still waiting for him to post them...Hint Hint!!

Started blocking the deck today. Coming out great. Heading down to the Mahogany Company on Wednesday to pick up some 3/4 inch balsa for the hatch. Hope to have paint on this thing in 2 weeks.

(NJ)Scott

GeneD
10-24-2000, 09:05 AM
Boxy,
To the best of my knowledge my email works, a brief glitch that has been corrected.
And hey, I don't know a thing about performance!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida