PDA

View Full Version : AOTH IV

jwright
04-10-2001, 07:24 PM
Well I ma kinda of a newbie here, but a long time Donzi owner. I am really thinking about bringing my 1976 21-GT down to the AOTH. Sounds like a good time, is going to be primarily classic Donzi's?
Also, I noticed on the Jamestown resort website they had cabins for a lower price, does anybody know anything about them?
Thanks for the info, and I will make decision soon!!!

Bryan Tuvell
04-10-2001, 08:43 PM
Hey... come on... this event should be a GREAT time...
CABINS: I was going to reserve two cabins ($69 each per night), but after a long talk to Frieda decided on deluxe rooms ($89), they are 2 beds, 2 room and a couch and small kitchen. (10% discount if you say you are a MidWest Donzi Club Member!)
The Cabins were 2 bedrooms and a sleeper sofa, and they are about a mile hike from the lodge, uphill, away from the docks and party. Lets put it this way, she ask what kind of shape we were in! We have a place for the week but booked Saturday night so we could drink SODAs and stumble only a few feet to our rooms.
Boat slips are designed for 20', $10 a night, but up to 22' is okay.
There are older big Donzi's, ZX's and allot of non Donzi's boats coming and a BUNCH of Classics... so come on out and have a blast on the water with us.
Scott Bolts is heading the event and he checks these posts daily at least...
SCOTT B post the links again here on
AOTH 4, my daughter has done something to my bookmarks!

Hope to see ya there.... Bryan

Tony
04-10-2001, 09:30 PM
jwright,

I'm leaving Portland, MI, Thursday afternoon and aiming for the Holiday Inn in Columbus, just south of Indianapolis. Then Friday morning its off to Lake Cumberland! We need more Donzis representing Michigan...my '67 Ski Sporter shouldn't be the only one from the GREAT LAKE STATE!

(E-mail me if ya wanna hook up in Columbus)

boldts
04-10-2001, 10:43 PM
jwright,
Here is the Midwest Donzi Club website which houses all the information on the Awakening of the Horses. It's a long drive for you Michiginers, but I promse to leave my Ohio State stuff at home. Sure hope you and the Donzis from the number 1 boat registration state in the country can make it to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky for what is really shaping up to be a very cool weekend. (No RAIN, No RAIN) www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) Be sure and register by clicking the Membership button so that we have a listing of you and your Donzi GT at the website. If you have a picture, I can post it on the picture page for you if you like. I am not familiar with the GT model and sure hope to get to see it at the gathering.

Scott Boldt
sboldt@insight.rr.com
Midwest Donzi Club

[This message has been edited by boldts (edited 04-10-2001).]

RickR
04-11-2001, 09:26 PM
Any of you local guys know of a good place for lunch in Somerset on the way in on Friday?
Mabe a good hamburger grill or deli?

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Tom on Lanier
04-12-2001, 06:10 AM
Jeff - to answer one of your questions, yes, this is mostly Classic and Vintage Donzis. Your 21-GT would be most welcome. There will be a few "Z" boats also and, apparently, some other stuff. Hope you decide to join us as you will meet some good people, probably learn some things and have a great time. See you at Lake Cumberland!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Bandit
04-12-2001, 08:18 AM
Jwright,

Bring your boat on down and join in on the fun. The cabins are waaaaay up the hill but they usually have a shuttle running from time to time during the day. The Lodge is right at the marina and very convenient to get to your boat.

Rick,

You're coming in from TN, so if you plan on coming up I-75 to HWY 80, there's Rockin' Robins Cafe on the corner of HWY 27 and HWY 80 which has decent burgers and such. Just turn left on HWY 27 before hitting the Cumberland Parkway and it will be on your right. If you're planning on cutting over to HWY 27 around Oneida, then you'll have several choices coming up HWY 27 in Somerset. (Ruby Tuesdays, TumbleWeed, several steak houses).

------------------
Bandit...

wbateman
04-12-2001, 05:35 PM
Looks like I will be there with Little Red if they can confirm a room?

boldts
04-12-2001, 06:20 PM
Hello everyone this is Scott's wife Beth. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and enjoying our DONZI BOATS. He's really actually bringing me along. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif LOL

Beth Boldt

Bryan Tuvell
04-12-2001, 09:04 PM
Beth, I know your coming for many reasons.
1. To make sure Scott don't scratch the Donzi docking.
2. Tie the lines so Scott can focus on docking.
3. Make him sleep sometime and not talk Donzis for 3 days straight...
4. Make the Donzi look even better than it does.
5. And of course, privacy, well you know!

See ya soon Beth.
Bryan

RickR
04-13-2001, 08:17 PM
Bandit
Thanks we'll check out Roclin Robbins.
Have you ever been to Lee's Ford Restaurant?

Scott
"Beth the BOSS"
I like it http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
RICKR

boldts
04-13-2001, 09:07 PM
Hey Guys,
I hate to spoil your thoughts here, but Beth doesn't even want to back the Donzi off the trailer on a Saturday with 1/2 a million of her closest friends. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif LOL If I'm lucky, I can get her to pull it back on the trailer if its late and most everyone has left the lake already. I have to admit though, she is a wonderful mom to our daughter and she does a bang-up job cleaning that scum line off the boat. Anyone else bringing their wives? It's mother's day weekend isn't it. Moms deserve a day in the Donzi right? Check out my mom in mine. She took off and I thought she was never coming back!
http://www.mwdonziclub.com/images/mom2.jpg

[This message has been edited by boldts (edited 04-13-2001).]

Tony
04-13-2001, 10:10 PM
Of course I'm bringin my better half! It took a little convincing that this would be a Mother's Day she'll never forget. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

Jay Wright...what say you??

roadtrip2
04-13-2001, 11:48 PM
Hello everybody and Happy Easter!
Jill is certainly coming to the big lake. She isn't about to let me have all the fun without her and she loves this stuff as much as I do any way. No high maintenance with this lady.
In addition to my buddy, Scott Dabbs with his sweet 16 in tow, we will have another Texan and two folks from Ohio in our boats.
Finally, I talked to our infamous Harbormaster yet again today about the AOTH. All he has to do is get to Fort Worth and leave the driving to us. After all, without this board, this event probably wouldn't be happening.... Todd

boldts
04-14-2001, 08:52 AM
Todd,
I told Beth that she would not be the only wife at Cumberland. She just needed some convincing. I agree with your comments. This website has made what would have been much more difficult a few years ago, come together easily. I think the vast desire of Donzi owners to participate in this type of gathering has also helped. Most of the time when I go to a lake, I'm lucky to see another Donzi. Now at Cumberland, I'm going to see over 30 at one place. Fantastic!! Also since this is a non-profit club, I hope that through the sales of shirts and raffles held, we can contribute moneys back to this wonderful website. Thanks Scot! (Harbormaster) I sure hope you will be able to join the Somerville's and enjoy the spirit of Donzi with us. Everyone have a Happy Easter with your families.

Scott Boldt

RickR
04-14-2001, 10:44 AM
My BOSS (Tommie) will be there, she can't wait.
She rarely drives Genuine Risk but she can put most guys
to shame backing the trailer with my 5 speed diesel pickup. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

------------------
RICKR

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 04-14-2001).]

Tom on Lanier
04-14-2001, 03:27 PM
Same deal with June. She is a great team mate when we launch and retrieve. She handles the truck and trailer very well. I would expect that most of us will be accompanied by a spouse or significant other. After all it is Mother's Day. This one will be extra special!
I guess the Georgia contingent ( 4 boats now) will get on I-75 and let'er roll till we get to Hwy 80. See y'all Friday mid-afternoon. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

BigGrizzly
04-14-2001, 08:24 PM
Lady Grizzly and littlest Grizzly wil be at my side as usual and looking forward to it. Finally got a grip on the Criterion THANKS to Geoo. Its still a little loose but at least I can drive it. We won't be doing *80 but we will be working on it. Not dialed in yet just glad to drive it saftly.

Randy

Bryan Tuvell
04-15-2001, 08:39 AM
Well I will admit I am no pro at backing trailers so I will watch the gals and learn!!! I will make sure I launch mine when they are still sleeping! LOL
Maybe Jamestown will have a special Mothers Day Breakfast for the ladies. I am sure one could be arranged!

Reservation reciepts came today, the AOTH is closing in fast.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!
Bryan

roadtrip2
04-15-2001, 11:57 AM
GOT IT!
Special Women's Event #1, the Launch Ramp Slalom. Couple of cones on the ramp, a stop watch, and side-by-side heats. Awesome.
And then to really separate the women from the girls, Special Event #2. Boat maintenance. Check the fluids, change the plugs and belts, and swap props. Best in class award, $200 ceritificate from your Snap-On dealer. Now that's a Mother's Day to remember. Just kidding, but I'm proud of my Jill, Todd

[This message has been edited by roadtrip2 (edited 04-15-2001).]

boldts
04-15-2001, 08:52 PM
Roadtrip,
I think you may have something here. My thought went like this. Gun fires, 2 ladies back their husband or boyfriends Donzi into the water. (No help from the male counterpart) They then start the boat, back it off the trailer and go out onto the lake (Obeying all speed rules) to do a specified lap on a designated course. They then bring the boat back to the trailer, load it back on and park the rig in a specified parking place. All while the stopwatch is running.

Ladies, were making fun with you. Believe me, all of your men love you and appreciate everything you do for us. I know I couldn't get through life without my Beth. Truthfully, I've missed the boat as far as planning events for the kids and the wives. I thought if I could get Donzi owners to come to KY, that everything else would take care of itself. I'm still learning. Please make suggestions so that in future years, the event will grow and be a great happening for everyone who attends. Thank-you!

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club

Varyak
04-15-2001, 09:18 PM
Well, the pressure is really on, now. I have to "compete" against the women with my meager trailering skills (I've only trailered to two events in the last year). My wife still refuses to join me in this endeavor, so I'm forced into bringing a buddy, and HE has no boat launching and recovering experience either. But maybe he will enjoy entertaining your wifes, et al, who aren't interested in actually boating.
Mark

Tony
04-15-2001, 09:21 PM
Scott,
No planned activities are necessary...I'm a big believer in playing things by ear. (Although my wife and son, even though they love my 16, are hoping for a cruise in a larger Donzi!)
Maybe the Mother's Day breakfast Sunday morning would be a neat idea, and the keg-o-beer sounds great!

Tom on Lanier
04-17-2001, 05:26 AM
Scott - you needn't give it another thought. You've done way more than anyone could rightfully expect. My wife and I are coming to Lake Cumberland to go boating-together.You and Tony are right, we don't need any planned events to have a good time. If June decides to sit out a day, the area has lots of alternatives which she, and others, are very capable of exploring. Very simply, we are both looking forward to spending four days together away from the responsibilities of the everyday routine. Clean, clear, fresh water, clean air, new friends, old friends, Donzi boats and Kentucky in the Spring. It can't get any better!! See y'all there. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

STUNG_AGAIN
04-17-2001, 03:10 PM
I asked mine to go but she said there was going to be way too much testosterone floatin' on that lake. She said there's more than enough of that kinda thing here and that she wasn't making the long ride for more of the same. I guess I will just have to tough it out with my fellow Va. "solo" boaters http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif .... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------
"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

GEOO
04-17-2001, 05:03 PM
I'm SOLO too. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif Wife wants to visit friends & Family in Ohio. GEOO

Bryan Tuvell
04-17-2001, 05:45 PM
Solo here too, we just moved last week and my wife is now on a new job and can't use her benifits for 60 days... I almost wish my best buds (DONZIMAN2) 26ZX isn't delivered in time.... He is one of the best first mate alive! Okay... that is when my wife is not available...
I guess I will be using the famous HOOK as my docking buddy! I use one of those long hooks to grab the dock and pull like hell!
AOTH...CAN SOMEONE SPEED UP THE CALENDAR.
I AM DYING TO SEE THE TRAILER CONTEST!!!
Bryan

[This message has been edited by Bryan Tuvell (edited 04-17-2001).]

boldts
04-17-2001, 06:12 PM
Bryan,
Are you kidding about the pole? You'll have at least 60 hands ready and waiting to lend a hand if need be. Fellow Donzi owners wouldn't let your boat hit a dock unattended! Not to mention all the onlookers who are there because they want to see one of the most famous boat company's products all in one place. I see question and answer sessions happening whenever we all pull-up to the docks. "Did someone say it is time to eat?"

In case any of you have not checked the members page at the Midwest Donzi Club website, check out the Kentucky listings. www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) You will notice Sandollar Yacht Sales listed and scheduled to bring a 33' ZX with them. David Hicks (Bandit) contacted the dealership and found them very interested in helping with our gathering. Their presence at the event will be a great asset to the "Awakening".

24 days and counting down to 0. 43 degrees today with 80's returning for the weekend.

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club

[This message has been edited by boldts (edited 04-17-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
04-17-2001, 07:34 PM
Scott, as always you make me chuckle... NO I was not kidding about the HOOK! Most use them for big ocean fish, me I hook the dock and hold on!!! I often have no 1st mate!
I guess I should have thought of the obvious, sorry, no pun intended to all the brotheren Donzi line handlers... I was thinking more of the rest of our week while we lodge at Buck Creek....
33ZX, well maybe I will cancel my rooms and just bunk in style! Onboard...
oops, 33's are 6'4 headroom, DAMN I am 6'5.... THUMP! oooh that hurt.
Scott... what will be the next surprise you and the Bandit pull off?
As Beth would say... "U da man" You the man.....Bryan

GEOO
04-17-2001, 07:58 PM
Bryan,
I have an extra docking paddle... GEOO

Bryan Tuvell
04-17-2001, 08:06 PM
GEOO, I am afraid to ask for details http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif The hook came from the wife living on lake Erie as a kid and her Dad always yelled get the damn hook!
So we bought one, I laughed too at first, but I will say I dock alone in any swell, tide etc... it may not always be pretty, but makes for good viewing!!!!
Nancy made me a believer!
OK GEOO, I'll bite, please tell...
Bryan

GEOO
04-17-2001, 08:16 PM
I have no Brakes (reverse). GEOO

Bryan Tuvell
04-17-2001, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by STUNG_AGAIN:
[B]I asked mine to go but she said there was going to be way too much testosterone floatin' on that lake.

STINGRAY, your wifes quote had to be refering to YOU! I do know your wife... your shorts will be on FIRE trying to get the Stingray over the wakes of those superior DONZI Classics... In fact when GEOO goes by your 230 STINGRAY you will have a new hairstyle! SMILE BIG GUY!!!!
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
04-17-2001, 08:27 PM
GEOO, OH DONZI GOD, me da grasshopper.... when I hit reverse we go backwards (to fast).... I can park a 90 ton carrier, a cruiser, destroyer etc... WITHOUT tugs at a pier, you have to love varible pitch twin screws. (4 screws on a carrier!) ......
I GUESS I NEED MORE PRACTICE! LOL
Bryan

BigGrizzly
04-17-2001, 08:37 PM
that is why Geoo goes so fast, so people don't know he has no reverse. When they get ther he is sitting on the dock having a cold one.
Randy

boldts
04-17-2001, 09:38 PM
You all are to much!! It's going to be a great weekend. By the way, by the time I arrive at the dock, Geoo has put down a six pack! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif That's OK, every nick that is in the rub rail on my boat was done by the prior owner. One reason the rub rail is next on my fix it list. Having grown up around boats, I can slide my Donzi in just about anywhere without damage to it or the other boats. A nice smooth throttle helps also. Tom Riggle asked if there was anywhere to play bocche (Is that how it's spelled?) Maybe the Bandit can help us with that one. I'm not familiar with the surroundings at the Jamestown Resort. By the way, how do you play this game? Sounds like a good Friday evening happening after we grab a bite to eat. I read where the competition was pretty intense down in Florida. Lets try and keep the water patrol at their dock rather than making a visit to our boats. One story to get out of the Poodle is enough. Someone mentioned the word Testosterone? Heck, is that what this excitement running wild through my veins is called? I thought that was a normal feeling for any Donzi owner. I'm a kid on Christmas eve right now. I can't wait for Christmas (May 11th) to arrive.

P.S. Can you tell this is my first trip to a Donzi gathering? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club

wbateman
04-17-2001, 11:16 PM
Well guys!! I will be in the slow 16 smelling the roses. The Ky crew did order no rain right?

EricG
04-18-2001, 10:17 AM
Geoo and Bryan, I have just the product for you guys...there's a guy up here in Seattle that inveted the combination "Boat Hook & Paddle" in one. He was at the Boat show this year.....I'll try to find the link.

EG

STUNG_AGAIN
04-18-2001, 11:33 AM
Bryan don't worry pal. I'll tie up to ya and bring you alongside the dock in fine shape. As far as "on fire and in the wakes", at least I won't have to throttle back to cross a wake... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

13 days until Donziman2 picks up the new rig. We're going to be running test trials the rest of that week out in the Bay. That's gonna be one sharp looking Donzi.
Bryan, you gotta save that soda you've been drinking at the keyboard for the boat man. In fact, better save some for "Dry County" Cumberland....You new folks who've decided to go recently as a reminder, bring your own "boat-soda" for the WHOLE weekend because none are sold locally :frown:

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

Bryan Tuvell
04-18-2001, 12:14 PM
STUNGAGAIN.... gottcha pal.... I plan on filling up the Jeep with beverages before we leave. We still need to pin down where we are meeting along 64 by my place.
Looks like Sunday is the weather for boating. See ya out there.
Bryan

GEOO
04-18-2001, 05:37 PM
I just finished an engine rebuild on my Blender. I added a stroker crank!! it's 30cc instead of the stock 25cc. Did an exhaust port job and milled the head. I was thinking of hooking up a little NOS for those tuff Margaritas'. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif Should I bring her along!!! Does anyone have room. (Only for use when my boat's docked for the night) I figure I can shoot the blender blades to get some higher radar readings. OH NO that was my secret. GEOO

roadtrip2
04-19-2001, 12:29 AM
Si, si! Tequila good. I prefer my unspoiled by all those lime squeezins!
El Tesoro, Sauza Comerativo, Don Tomas, or a little Padron will suit me as a fine sipping tequila back at the dock...

Bandit
04-19-2001, 03:07 PM
I just got off the phone with Mike Doyle of the Sandollar Yacht Sales in Louisville, KY.
He was down at the Donzi factory yesterday checking things out. He's got some scoop on the F-2.

He's planning on coming down Fri. night with a couple Donzi's but he's not sure which ones. He thinks the 33' listed has been sold, so he'll have to wait and see what's in inventory.

He's also willing to sponsor a Sun. morning breakfast for those listed as a member of the Midwest Donzi Club and their immediate guest. I'll email you with a couple ideas on how we could pull that off ScottB.

Mike D. is excited about coming down and it's great to have a Donzi dealership participate and sponsor our first annual gathering.

LET'S ROCK!!!

------------------
Bandit...

GEOO
04-19-2001, 03:13 PM
Scott, Frozen Tropical's? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif GEOO

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 04-20-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
04-19-2001, 06:02 PM
GEOO
What kind of mileage you get out of that blueprinted blender?
Bryan

[This message has been edited by Bryan Tuvell (edited 04-20-2001).]

Formula Jr
04-20-2001, 04:35 AM
can you gus please kill all the booze talk. Liability?

GEOO
04-20-2001, 05:56 AM
http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

Tom on Lanier
04-20-2001, 06:07 AM
We need to remember that the resort asks that folks be somewhat discreet with beer cans etc. by covering with something. Donzi can covers (couzees?) are perfect. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

boldts
04-20-2001, 06:25 AM
To anyone who I may have offended. Your right. This piece of the puzzle probably should have been kept behind the spotlight. I tried to delete the post, but it says that I don't have the authorization even though I am the one who created it. Help Please! In no way do we want to come off looking like a bunch of wineos. The intent is only to enjoy ourselves on the lake during the day, and do a little relaxing and reminiscing afterwards.

Thank-you for your input!

Scott Boldt

[This message has been edited by boldts (edited 04-20-2001).]

roadtrip2
04-20-2001, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Formula Jr:
can you gus please kill all the booze talk. Liability?
Formula Jr,
Please explain to me where there is liability here? All we have here is a bunch of folks looking forward to a good time on the water and maybe a little libation and some socializing back on the dock. I sincerely doubt anyone would allow our event to turn into a drunkfest on the water.... Todd

RickR
04-20-2001, 02:42 PM
madpoodle
If it's handy, I'd like some of the fish dip like we had at the Portifino.
I'll bring crackers.

------------------
RICKR

Formula Jr
04-20-2001, 08:40 PM
I mean, after donating blood at the local red cross, volunteering at the orphanage and
helping out with that Habitate For Humanity thingy - when are we going to have time for
drinking? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

Trying to get my head out of my orifice.

Bryan Tuvell
04-20-2001, 08:52 PM
There is NOTHING better (when not boating) than reading the post from the AOTH.

I will not give blood, I hire my painting done... and I get gun shy peeing in public... (I won't touch the orphange comment) otherwise.... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Anyway, can't wait to meet you guys. Put a face, boat and personality with these posts!
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
04-20-2001, 08:54 PM
FORMULA... are you coming to KY?
Bryan

Formula Jr
04-21-2001, 12:45 AM
I discussed it with my girlfriend today.
Then she said, "Well where is it?"
and I told her.
Then she said, "Are you Freaken Insane?"
And I said.
"Is that a Question?"
Yup. Leaving on the 4th.
I just ask that you merely snicker at the condition of my boat. Please, no outright laughter at least until I'm out of hearing range.

Tom on Lanier
04-21-2001, 06:47 AM
Owen - girlfriend is right!! You are one crazy dude! I have got to meet you. Georgia Boys (and girls) will be there Friday afternoon. Looking forward to it with extreme anticipation! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Bryan Tuvell
04-21-2001, 08:49 AM
Owen, sounds great!
See ya there.
Bryan